~Go Cleveland~ | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

~Go Cleveland~

Didn't say he shouldn't, but to compare offenses is ridiculous. If i push you to start a fight and you pull out a gun and shoot me.... It's my offense equally as egregious?

Oh, I didn't say they were equal at all, there are different levels of assault. I was simply saying that if one gets charged, the other should as well. Pouncey being the 3rd. Not saying they should be punished the same at all, but that Mason should be punished as well.

There have been two hockey players tried and convicted of assault for attacks with a stick. Hockey is a sport where hitting someone with your stick happens all the time (it's called slashing) and yet both Dino Ciccarelli and Marty McSorley crossed the line far enough that they were tried in criminal court for it. I see no reason why the Myles Garrett situation is any different. Garrett ripped a piece of protective equipment off of Rudolph, then used it as a club to bludgeon Rudolph over the head with it, a move that could have potentially caused serious head trauma. Rudolph is really lucky that it didn't, to be honest.

There's a precedent for trying a player for assault if what they do crosses far beyond the line of what's acceptable conduct in play. Garrett easily crossed that line. I think a McSorley style prosecution is in order.

Bottom line, there's physical football and then there's this. Garrett is out of control and needs to understand that his actions have consequences. This might be the only way he's going to figure it out, because he seems like a real stupid individual.

There have been two hockey players tried and convicted of assault for attacks with a stick. Hockey is a sport where hitting someone with your stick happens all the time (it's called slashing) and yet both Dino Ciccarelli and Marty McSorley crossed the line far enough that they were tried in criminal court for it. I see no reason why the Myles Garrett situation is any different. Garrett ripped a piece of protective equipment off of Rudolph, then used it as a club to bludgeon Rudolph over the head with it, a move that could have potentially caused serious head trauma. Rudolph is really lucky that it didn't, to be honest.

There's a precedent for trying a player for assault if what they do crosses far beyond the line of what's acceptable conduct in play. Garrett easily crossed that line. I think a McSorley style prosecution is in order.

Bottom line, there's physical football and then there's this. Garrett is out of control and needs to understand that his actions have consequences. This might be the only way he's going to figure it out, because he seems like a real stupid individual.

As soon as I saw video of last night's fight, my mind immediately went to the Todd Bertuzzi-Steve Moore incident in the NHL from 2004. That one led to Bertuzzi being charged with assault causing bodily harm. It wouldn’t be out of the question to see criminal charges laid against Garrett.

One difference is that Rudolph is fine, whereas Moore suffered a career ending injury when Bertuzzi sucker punched him then drove his body into the ice. But, as you pointed out, Rudolph is quite frankly lucky he didn't end up seriously injured.

Pouncey suspended 3 games and fined. Garrett suspended indefinitely without pay. I don't think the NFL could have acted otherwise here.

Also note that if Garrett were to be prosecuted here, it would likely be the sort of thing where he might spend one day in jail or just serve probation. I do think prosecution should be considered, if only to set a clear message to everyone else in football: Extracurriculars happen in a physical game, but you gotta stop short of clubbing a guy over the head with his own helmet.

I will enjoy every Steelers loss this year, if only because we have their 1st round pick.

The Browns can go **** themselves though. After last night, I see what kind of players they have on that team and they are trash.

Also, I'm happy as hell we didn't get to draft Baker Mayfield. Dude causes half his problems offensively.

Pouncey suspended 3 games and fined. Garrett suspended indefinitely without pay. I don't think the NFL could have acted otherwise here.

Also note that if Garrett were to be prosecuted here, it would likely be the sort of thing where he might spend one day in jail or just serve probation. I do think prosecution should be considered, if only to set a clear message to everyone else in football: Extracurriculars happen in a physical game, but you gotta stop short of clubbing a guy over the head with his own helmet.
You're crazy if you think Garrett gets prosecuted here. Ruldoph was the initial aggressor. Tried to twist and rip Garrett's helmet off, then kicked him in the groin and ran at him for good measure. The nfl is a joke if ruldoph doesn't recieve a suspension

I mean... Obviously you cant do that... The suspension is well deserved IMO... But WTF was Mason trying to accomplish there... Just throw your hands up and look for a flag like Brady does... Why go all ape **** crazy?

The real hockey comparison here is that dude should get an additional 2 for instigating...

You're crazy if you think Garrett gets prosecuted here. Ruldoph was the initial aggressor. Tried to twist and rip Garrett's helmet off, then kicked him in the groin and ran at him for good measure. The nfl is a joke if ruldoph doesn't recieve a suspension

Rudolph is an idiot but he didn't remove Garrett's helmet and club him in the head with it. Garrett is the one who did that. There's a truly bizarre scenario here where people are acting like Garrett was in a fight for his life or something. He wasn't. He lost control and acted like a ****ing dumbass in a way that could have easily resulted in another person receiving a debilitating injury.

Rudolph should be suspended for the kick in the nuts, 100%. But it's not even comparable to what Garrett did.

Here's what I'm talking about:

People get hit with sticks all the time in hockey. People get hit in the head with sticks all the time in hockey. The former is called slashing, and the latter is called high sticking. It's such a routine thing that it's usually a two minute penalty when it gets called. However, this was a criminal offense. Can you watch this and argue that it wasn't? It wasn't part of a play, it wasn't incidental, and it was clearly done with malice.

I don't understand why football players can't be held to the same standard. Hockey is, in many ways, a more physical game than football. They still don't allow this crap. That's not sport, that's physical assault.

As soon as I saw video of last night's fight, my mind immediately went to the Todd Bertuzzi-Steve Moore incident in the NHL from 2004. That one led to Bertuzzi being charged with assault causing bodily harm. It wouldn’t be out of the question to see criminal charges laid against Garrett.

One difference is that Rudolph is fine, whereas Moore suffered a career ending injury when Bertuzzi sucker punched him then drove his body into the ice. But, as you pointed out, Rudolph is quite frankly lucky he didn't end up seriously injured.
I'd say Garrett is also very lucky Rudolph didn't end up hurt, or dead. Yes, my mind went to the Bertuzzi mugging as well when the hockey comparison was brought up in the above post. When that happened I told everyone I know that it would almost never happen if they had the ttacking player sit out as long as the otehr player was out and then serve his league suspension on top of that if the other player comes back. If the otehr player is hurt and cannot come back, you are done. Almost nobody would ever assault another player again if they knew their own career was on the line. Go ahead and punch a guy in the face. If you concuss him and he is unable to return, your career is over as well. If he's out for 5 weeks and you get a 5 week suspension, you end up losing 10 weeks in total. Simple and effective IMO.
BTW, in case it hasn't been brought up yet, Rudolph's agent said they haven't pursued it legally (and I doubt they will), but they are looking at all options. Nothing is off the table as of Friday.

Rudolph is an idiot but he didn't remove Garrett's helmet and club him in the head with it. Garrett is the one who did that. There's a truly bizarre scenario here where people are acting like Garrett was in a fight for his life or something. He wasn't. He lost control and acted like a ****ing dumbass in a way that could have easily resulted in another person receiving a debilitating injury.

Rudolph should be suspended for the kick in the nuts, 100%. But it's not even comparable to what Garrett did.

Here's what I'm talking about:

People get hit with sticks all the time in hockey. People get hit in the head with sticks all the time in hockey. The former is called slashing, and the latter is called high sticking. It's such a routine thing that it's usually a two minute penalty when it gets called. However, this was a criminal offense. Can you watch this and argue that it wasn't? It wasn't part of a play, it wasn't incidental, and it was clearly done with malice.

I don't understand why football players can't be held to the same standard. Hockey is, in many ways, a more physical game than football. They still don't allow this crap. That's not sport, that's physical assault.

The reason why it won't happen is because Rudolph initiated the non-football play and then proceeded to chase after Garret only to get clubbed by his own helmet. Had Garret went to HIM that's a whole different story but any lawyer worth his salt will wrap this up easily and Garret won't get a day in prison, not even jail. You chase after bigger, stronger, and better players you're bound to get you're **** pushed in. Garret is any idiot but not an ounce of sympathy for the mongoloid that is Rudolph.

I will enjoy every Steelers loss this year, if only because we have their 1st round pick.

The Browns can go **** themselves though. After last night, I see what kind of players they have on that team and they are trash.

Also, I'm happy as hell we didn't get to draft Baker Mayfield. Dude causes half his problems offensively.
Even before this incident I thought they looked like a group that will probably end up imploding or turning on each other in the next couple of years.

Last edited:
Didn't say he shouldn't, but to compare offenses is ridiculous. If i push you to start a fight and you pull out a gun and shoot me.... It's my offense equally as egregious?

Easy solution. Keep your damn hands to yourself. Also, don't strike another man in the balls and act surprised when that man messes you up.

img_8451-2-600x500.jpg

img_8453-600x498.jpg

I know a lot of you guys love the dick and balls jokes, nut tapping, etc. Some people don't think that sh*t is funny. Kick the wrong person in the balls and you can very well get killed for it. Not everyone plays by the same rules. It's a cold world. There's no rule that says you have to react with an equal amount of force. The one who started it should've thought about that first.

He obviously wasn't raised right. Shame on his father.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom