Go Eli | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go Eli

Nice sack. Wentz doesn't deserve to get the W, wearing a glove, who does he think he is... Pat White ?

4 down territory all the way now. That CB 23 is awful, killing them right now.

If that happens again and a 10-6 team is left out, you'll hear an uproar around the league. I think I recall them having discussions a bit back about revamping the playoff system for exactly this reason. Not good when you have a division this week and someone HAS to get in. Not good for the NFL's viewership...
There was definitely chatter about seeding the playoff teams by record so that a divisional winner with a losing record wouldn't automatically get a home game, but that divisional winner would still get a playoff spot. If the system was changed so that the six teams with the best record got into the playoffs regardless of division then it makes having divisions and an emphasis on inter-divisional games pointless, which I don't think the league would like.

There was definitely chatter about seeding the playoff teams by record so that a divisional winner with a losing record wouldn't automatically get a home game, but that divisional winner would still get a playoff spot. If the system was changed so that the six teams with the best record got into the playoffs regardless of division then it makes having divisions and an emphasis on inter-divisional games pointless, which I don't think the league would like.
I recall some talk about it wasn't quite sure what it was, thanks for the clarity...

Back
Top Bottom