"Going For It" instead of "Rebuilding" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Going For It" instead of "Rebuilding"

great post :up:

Thanks man! no foreal... it kinda sucks hearing people say negative stuff like its gonna help...like they dont want to see us win this year...these people been saying this rebuilding crap since saban, and the truth is yes its not the fact that we need to rebuild we need to build some cohesiveness with the perfect set of players..these players need to play together...its not that we need more players we need the right players out there.. thats what the FO is tryna do mix and match players to see how it works... thats the only rebuildinig I see.. is building with what we have now to see what fits...every team rebuilds and adds players

These guys get paid to win...The FO has made it clear if you under achieve your getting tossed...The Miami Dolphins fans need to change the culture of their mentality...expect to win..

Where the hell have you been ? We all expected to win last Sunday. Were you blind for a week leading up to the game ? 98% of us were going whole hog in support.. And what happened ?

This is the most nonsensical thread in a long long time. And that says a lot for this board.

Let's just not get a Daniel Snyder/Redskins or Al Davis/Raiders mentality. Every big name free agent or Super Bowl MVP that is out there is scooped up by this type of management, and it get's them no where but financial trouble. It just doesn't work. Sure, the Patriots signed some big names last year, but they have been champions by building through the draft for the most part.

Patriots = Over 85% of their roster were drafted by the Patriots, and 19 of their starters when they won the super bowl were drafted by the team = super bowl champs many times over

Colts = every one of their 22 starters were drafted by the team when they won their super bowl. And 48 of their 53 man roster drafted by the team

Steelers = 19 of their 22 starters were drafted by the team when they won their last super bowl

See the trend ?

Trading picks for veterans is not the way to go. It's mega stupidity for a team in our position. Look how an old 34 year old Jason Taylor looked for the foreskins the other night.. He looked absolutely horrible, and so did the rest of their "high priced stars"....... Every year the Foreskins barely have any picks left at draft time because of their stupid moves .. And all they do is get worse while they get older.. In a year or two the Foreskins will be a 3-13 team because of it. Guaranteed

We are a few drafts away from being contenders. That is a FACT, and it's reality.. Deal with it.

Where the hell have you been ? We all expected to win last Sunday. Were you blind for a week leading up to the game ? 98% of us were going whole hog in support.. And what happened ?

This is the most nonsensical thread in a long long time. And that says a lot for this board.

EXACTLY! I blew all my credits betting on our boys... :lol: Donations anyone? :lol:

Going 9-7 and getting destroyed in the first round of the playoffs doesn't satisfy me anymore than going 4-12 does....
I once thought like that. Uncounted years not even sniffing the playoffs changed my mind. I take 9-7 and a 1st playoff loss in a heartbeat.

Being mediocre isn't the goal.....hoisting the Lombardi Trophy requires many, many things....including a little luck.....but your main objective should be to build a team that has a window of opportunity that spands several seasons....not go all in every year....that's what got us 1-15 in the first place...

You have to be honest with where you're at as a football team in order to understand where you need to go.

I don't agree with this part. What got us to 1-15 was piss-poor drafting and not bringing in people that help the team. Bad drafting, bad FA signings, bad trades. If you do that with a "win now" OR "build for the future" mentality, you are going to fail. There was nothing to preclude Wanny drafting well (other than competence) while he brought in free agents to "win now".

I agree with the original poster. Every year, you need to evaluate the team and bring in players that help, whether by drafting or FA. As long as the salary cap is managed, you can do that.

Let's just not get a Daniel Snyder/Redskins or Al Davis/Raiders mentality. Every big name free agent or Super Bowl MVP that is out there is scooped up by this type of management, and it get's them no where but financial trouble. It just doesn't work. Sure, the Patriots signed some big names last year, but they have been champions by building through the draft for the most part.
The raiders and redskins make a habit of acquiring numerous vets I am not promoting that I am talking about maybe adding 1 that would make a difference.

We are rebuilding, and its just harder for some people to accept than others.
Theres a huge difference between rebuilding.... and re-tooling tho..... teams like KC,ATL, and MIA rebuild... Trading away guys like CC, WW, and JT is how you do it. We can't win with them now, and by the time we hope to be winning.... these guys will be in their mid to late 30's.
A great example of retooling is the Jets..... is this what you want ? Sacrifice the future for just a shot at winning this year ?
I want my team to be Consistent contenders, year in, year out.....

Well as a fan, I'm not going to be happy with "hmm new coach lets give him time to rebuild". No, F* that, yea you may not have the talent to do it, but you make every year like it's a legit shot at the superbowl. Don't keep force feeding an excuse for failure.

Well as a fan, I'm not going to be happy with "hmm new coach lets give him time to rebuild". No, F* that, yea you may not have the talent to do it, but you make every year like it's a legit shot at the superbowl. Don't keep force feeding an excuse for failure.

So you'd rather think we are just a bad team instead of that this is year 1 in the Dolphin's push to reascend to perennial playoff contention? Personally, I'd rather look at it as the necessary bumps on the way to glory instead of "oh we suck". I know its frustrating, but how long were the Patriots bad before they became the current dynasty? Its a process, and it doesn't happen overnight......

I never said there was an available superstar at this exact point in time bro, I was just speaking in general. A lot of the posters act like bringing in an a Boldin' or a Lito Sheppard would have been a bad idea. I'm no front office expert but I'm no slouch. I know my stuff. So this sarcasm about "this is not madden" makes no sense to me.

There is no way to disagree with you in theory. You must try as hard as possible to bring in any player better than those that you have. However, we have tried that in the past with all of the QBs mentioned and players like Porter and we did try to upgrade with Wilford.

I would have liked to see Boldin or Lito here at the right price and I think most people would agree.

I don't ee our team making a play for either player because of the fact that we are rebuilding. We will have to wait until after this season because we will have some cap room.

Rebuilding may have been talked about but never done like it is happening now. We are finally on the right track with Ireland and Parcells. I do not beleive Mueller was really up to it and Cameron certainly was not. Cameron would have done much better with a veteran team.

Typical management approach....

Oversimplify the problem.

Ask the Colts how to build a perrenial 12 win team. Look at their roster.

Ask the Packers how they've moved on without Favre. Look at their roster.

BUILDING A WINNER IS DONE WITH DRAFTING.

Laughing about our pitiful drafting success prior to Parcell's arrival does NOTHING to acknowledge it's REALITY.

SUCK IT UP. We are going to need to build for a WHILE.

When other teams bring in a Super Star talent and suddenly make a run... you're not acknowledging all the names on the back of the uniforms. It wasn't the SuperStar player who made the team great. It was the team that made the SuperStar great.

These names I see dropped to prove a point... bring in Tom Brady or Brett Favre or Peyton Manning or Derek Anderson or Jay Cutler or <insert name of famous QB here>.... only PROVE the point.

Look at the names of the guys surrounding these QBs over the years. Take Tom Brady... Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Deion Branch, Troy Brown, Corey Dillon, the OLineman.... Did Brady make them famous? No, they helped make him famous.

Brett Favre... why has Green Bay moved on so well? LOOK AT THE ROSTER. LOOK WHO DRAFTED THEM. GREEN BAY drafted them. You think a Gregg Jennings or James Jones grows on trees? No, they are good YOUNG players. When GB cut their starting guards a few years ago and went complete youth on the OLine, they didn't miss a beat. Think that was all Favre? What about their completely drafted (except 1 or 2) Defense?

Peyton Manning... Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Anthony Gonzalez, Joseph Addai, their OLine.... where did they come from? The DRAFT.

Every time they show the stat of the teams with the least amount of players from their own drafts, we always show up at the bottom. Any coincidence we were 1 - 15?

Now analyze the flip side, of the teams in the Championship games and SuperBowls, how many players on their teams did they draft? MOST.

People just don't get it. Good drafting is the sign of a good FO and good coaching. WE HAVE HAD NEITHER. It's no mystery why we haven't had good drafts. We haven't had the foundation to draft.

Thinking we should "go for it" is merely continuing to deny the blatant obvious truth. Our organization is YEARS away from competing for "it".

You cannot draft a 53 man roster in one year.

We just drafted 10 players. That's not even enough to start one side of the ball. How are we supposed to overcome that level of deficiency with ONE PLAYER? We can't. Case closed.

Yes we have had that rebuilding label for a few years but we haven't had the same regime for the entire "rebuilding period". Parcells is rebuilding the team his way, not Saban's nor Cam's way. Now we have Parcells and he knows what he is doing. Like a few already stated, he is building the team from the inside out starting with the d-line and o-line. It was evident from the draft. Sure there were some studs in free-agency that the average Joe like many of us would've signed in a heartbeat for our many needs skill positions. Parcells is going to go after who he feels fits the kind of team he wants to build, not who we want. If you owned or ran a business, you would hire the people that YOU wanted. We need our draft picks instead of trading them all away for high priced players at this point. Look where that got us in the past - all those drafts where we only had what, like 5 picks? Spend too much on free agents - look at Joey Porter. You can't always build that way. I'm a very impatient person and I can't stand it when I hear we are are 1-2 years away but in reality, its true. It just seems like you have been hearing it too long which is also true but like I mentioned above, we haven't had the same head coach/GM all these years. Like it or not, the "rebuilding" label is here to stay for a while. As far as "going for it", that is how our current group of players should play every down. They should play like they are contenders. If you want to blame anyone, blame Huizenga for the instability these past few years. He is a nice guy but he never gets involved because he doesn't know anything about football like a Jerry Jones or a Pat Bowlen.

I think the difference here is that Ireland (notice how I used him instead of Parcells...lol) and company are trying to build this team the right way. They want to make this team successful for the long haul. Instead of breaking the bank for one or two superstars (which in many cases don't do what you envision them doing once they get here), they are trying to build through the draft and young, unproven veterans. This way you can keep players longer for cheaper, and instead of having one great season where you make it deep into the playoffs and fade the next, you can be competetive year in and year out, a la the Colts or Patriots. I'd rather take my lumps now in anticipation of being the next great Dynasty, than one year of cheap thrills as the flavor of the month.

I hate to say it, but the colts are a great example as you say. They have 37 players either drafted or picked up from waivers on their team. They have been drafting...and keeping their talent...not selling it or trading if for a handful of magic beans as some would suggest...:up:

Back
Top Bottom