Going into camp: which players have little to no guaranteed money? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Going into camp: which players have little to no guaranteed money?

Feverdream

Club Member
Reaction score
All of these players would be very easy to cut. I'm exempting the street free agents and practice squad players, because those are obvious.

Zero/near zero dead cap:

Lester Cotton
River Cracraft
Salvon Ahmed
Tanner Connor
Kader Kohou
Skyler Thompson
Kion Smith
Christopher Brooks
Julian Hill
Ethan Bonner
Cameron Goode

Dead cap under 750k:

Duke Riley (dead cap 585k)
Siran Neal (650k)
Jonathan Harris (625k)
Elijah Campbell (355k)
Channing Tindall (424k)
Blake Ferguson (412k)
Erik Ezukanma (362k)
Da'Shawn Hand (167k)
Nik Needham (500k)
Jody Fortson (425k)

I list these players, because their contracts imply that most of them were signed with the understanding that their tenure was not guaranteed.
Yes, a few of them are pretty safe, Blake Ferguson or Kader Kohou, for instance, but most of these guys are one bad play, or a sprained ankle from being cut.

These are the targets for our rookie class.

Good stuff Fever, this is a part of the roster that should get more attention.

Kohou is not going anywhere obviously.

I would think Julian Hill will get another season to show how much he can develop.

Hand will be part of the DT rotation.

Needham will be back unless he shows he still has not bounced back from his injury.

Forston would have to really struggle to get shown the door that quickly.

The rest should be walking on eggshells.

I expect the Fins to make some additions after June 1 so there will be some attrition there.

With fewer than ideal draft picks look for some tradeing back or a very active UDFA market.

right now we're 4.8mill under the cap with every player accounted for so we donā€™t need to do anything right now.....we'll have plenty of cap space for the draft picks after June-1 so unless they're trying to get some big name free agent, we can just wait....also, we could even carry some money over to 2025 which we'll need.

All of these players would be very easy to cut. I'm exempting the street free agents and practice squad players, because those are obvious.

Zero/near zero dead cap:

Lester Cotton
River Cracraft
Salvon Ahmed
Tanner Connor
Kader Kohou
Skyler Thompson
Kion Smith
Christopher Brooks
Julian Hill
Ethan Bonner
Cameron Goode

Dead cap under 750k:

Siran Neal (650k)
Jonathan Harris (625k)
Elijah Campbell (355k)
Channing Tindall (424k)
Blake Ferguson (412k)
Erik Ezukanma (362k)
Da'Shawn Hand (167k)
Nik Needham (500k)
Jody Fortson (425k)

I list these players, because their contracts imply that most of them were signed with the understanding that their tenure was not guaranteed.
Yes, a few of them are pretty safe, Blake Ferguson or Kader Kohou, for instance, but most of these guys are one bad play, or a sprained ankle from being cut.

Channing Tindall (424k)....this kid must have air between the ears. All that physical ability wasted.

Zero/near zero dead cap:

Lester Cotton
River Cracraft
Salvon Ahmed
Tanner Connor
Kader Kohou
Skyler Thompson
Kion Smith
Christopher Brooks
Julian Hill
Ethan Bonner
Cameron Goode

Dead cap under 750k:

Siran Neal (650k)
Jonathan Harris (625k)
Elijah Campbell (355k)
Channing Tindall (424k)
Blake Ferguson (412k)
Erik Ezukanma (362k)
Da'Shawn Hand (167k)
Nik Needham (500k)
Jody Fortson (425k)

God Tindall pisses me off. It really woulda been great if he turned into something.

God Tindall pisses me off. It really woulda been great if he turned into something.
Tindall pisses me off because Grier passed on Leo Chenal to take him. FTR, I was begging for the pick to be Chenal as soon as Miami went on the clock. Nothing has happened so far to indicate Grier made the smart choice.
I did not want EZ either with the next pick. I wanted Zach Tom the most there.

Zero/near zero dead cap:

Lester Cotton
River Cracraft
Salvon Ahmed
Tanner Connor
Kader Kohou
Skyler Thompson
Kion Smith
Christopher Brooks
Julian Hill
Ethan Bonner
Cameron Goode

Dead cap under 750k:

Siran Neal (650k)
Jonathan Harris (625k)
Elijah Campbell (355k)
Channing Tindall (424k)
Blake Ferguson (412k)
Erik Ezukanma (362k)
Da'Shawn Hand (167k)
Nik Needham (500k)
Jody Fortson (425k)

Cotton is nothing more than a warm body. He fits the wide zone scheme, not one iota.

Tindall pisses me off because Grier passed on Leo Chenal to take him. FTR, I was begging for the pick to be Chenal as soon as Miami went on the clock. Nothing has happened so far to indicate Grier made the smart choice.
me and silver wanted us to draft Chenal as well and couldnā€™t believe we passed on him for a guy that didnā€™t even start in college....horrible pick

me and silver wanted us to draft Chenal as well and couldnā€™t believe we passed on him for a guy that didnā€™t even start in college....horrible pick
All things considered, this may have been the worst choice in Grier's drafting history. Harris over Watt was bad too.

All things considered, this may have been the worst choice in Grier's drafting history. Harris over Watt was bad too.
Iggy says hello and passing on Goedert to draft Gesicki was bad too.......we were so hoping Goedert would be there and of course he was so I was so happy only to be so sad when we passed on him.

The perfect scenario of one player having a huge ceiling compared to another that had a very high floor....Sometimes it best not to gamble and just take the sure thing.

The perfect scenario of one player having a huge ceiling compared to another that had a very high floor....Sometimes it best not to gamble and just take the sure thing.

Agree there.

I understand the idea, but physical attributes alone are not, necessarily, an indication of high ceiling.

As @Danny , as well as others including myself, pointed out, he wasn't even a starter at Georgia. That should have been a big red flag, indicating there was an issue with football instincts/IQ.

Back
Top Bottom