Going into camp: which players have little to no guaranteed money? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Going into camp: which players have little to no guaranteed money?

Pissing Circle Of Life GIF by Four Rest Films

Lots of Pissed Off People in this thread!!! 😂😂😂

Chenal vs. Tindall... I've made this argument before, but I will again.

They quite simply do not play the same position. Chenal is a SSLB, or in the new way of describing players, an Edge.
If we had drafted Chenal, he would have been behind Andrew Van Ginkle... another player who would have been described as a LB in the 70s, but in today's game, is an Edge.

We already had AVG as a 'linebacker' when Chenal was on the board... and as it was, AVG wasn't an every down LB either.

Sure, Tindall has not made it as a true off-ball LB, but this is a serious apples to oranges comparison.

Agree there.

I understand the idea, but physical attributes alone are not, necessarily, an indication of high ceiling.

As @Danny , as well as others including myself, pointed out, he wasn't even a starter at Georgia. That should have been a big red flag, indicating there was an issue with football instincts/IQ.

The line of thinking I'm sure was that, the tools are there, in the right admisphere with the right people he could slowly be brought along to be special once he understood his assignment, and what he needed to do with lots of work with the coaches. Little disapline along with 0 Instincts is a bad combination and seems he can't shake who he is.

I also thought they were going with Leo Chenal, along with the talking heads, but when they took Tindall, I must admit I allowed myself to be fooled they could turn him into a starter when I heard he was their leading pass-rusher in backup duty. Not to be it looks.

Last edited:
The line of thinki f I'm sure was that, the tools are there, in the right admisphere with the right people he could slowly be brought along to be special once he understood his assignment, and what he needed to do with lots of work with the coaches. Little disapline along with 0 Instincts is a bad combination and seems he can't shake who he is.

I also thought they were going with Leo Chenal, along with the talking heads, but when they took Tindall, I must admit I allowed myself to be fooled they could turn him into a starter when I heard he was their leading pass-rusher in backup duty. Not to be it looks.

Not sure about the pass rusher angle. As far as I know, he has only ever played ILB spots, rather than "edge". Situationally, in a very limited capacity, maybe?

If he can't be assignment sound inside, he surely can't be outside where he would be responsible for edge contain as well as coverage duty in a lot of situations.

The perfect scenario of one player having a huge ceiling compared to another that had a very high floor....Sometimes it best not to gamble and just take the sure thing.
Chenal had great workout numbers before the draft too. When you consider he was more than 20 lbs heavier than Tindall you could make a case his overall workout was much superior.

Chenal vs. Tindall... I've made this argument before, but I will again.

They quite simply do not play the same position. Chenal is a SSLB, or in the new way of describing players, an Edge.
If we had drafted Chenal, he would have been behind Andrew Van Ginkle... another player who would have been described as a LB in the 70s, but in today's game, is an Edge.

We already had AVG as a 'linebacker' when Chenal was on the board... and as it was, AVG wasn't an every down LB either.

Sure, Tindall has not made it as a true off-ball LB, but this is a serious apples to oranges comparison.
Sure looks like Chenal is an off-ball LB here. He is #5 and later #45.

Not sure about the pass rusher angle. As far as I know, he has only ever played ILB spots, rather than "edge". Situationally, in a very limited capacity, maybe?

If he can't be assignment sound inside, he surely can't be outside where he would be responsible for edge contain as well as coverage duty in a lot of situations.

According to a stat article that I had read at the time after the draft, it showed him among the top players in sacks on the Bulldogs. It also said he had been moved around a bit and was used In different position on the defense, not just inside. It was very surprising to me also.

Here it shows how he was among the leaders in sacks and 3rd in total tackles from a backup role in 2021.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/61/season/2021

It seems it was more smoke and mirrors
then anything else. Still crossing my fingers, but personally think he might be on his way out soon.

Last edited:
Sure looks like Chenal is an off-ball LB here. He is #5 and later #45.

I dont see it. I didn't see it then.

I can't see him playing either the Long or Baker role in our defense. Maybe you can, but I see him as an edge in today's game where most teams run what is basically a 4-2.

Hell... we didn't even use Van Ginkle much until we had to... and I think AVG is better, don't you?

I dont see it. I didn't see it then.

I can't see him playing either the Long or Baker role in our defense. Maybe you can, but I see him as an edge in today's game where most teams run what is basically a 4-2.

Hell... we didn't even use Van Ginkle much until we had to... and I think AVG is better, don't you?
You said he did not play off-ball LB in college. This video shows very clearly that he did.

You said he did not play off-ball LB in college. This video shows very clearly that he did.
No... I argued ... for months before he was drafted... that he would play SS in the NFL.

Which he has...

On cue... Here comes the "Hindsight GM's". Tindall is going to be one hell of a high school PE coach someday, he's just a miss as a 3rd round draft choice.

Back
Top Bottom