Gonna blame Wanny more | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gonna blame Wanny more

flip

Starter
Reaction score
As for Ricky doing what he did last year i blame wanny for most of that. He ran Ricky way to much, now im not excusing Ricky, but he was running Ricky like 40 times a game lol from running that much im supprised Ricky is still alive. Oh yeah Ricky if you see this, you might be back but...............BROWN DELIVERS!!!!!!!!

the whole wanny thing was his way of trying to cover up the fact that he was starting yet another ricky thread!

yep...but he is right. Wanny and his tactics were devastating on this team. Ricky was getting abused. Doesn't justify his quitting, but it certainly makes it more understandable.

I'll agree Wanny overused him. But I also think he was doing what was needed to win. Lets face it your passing game during the Ricky years were not striking to much fear into to too many teams. Plus during some of those years you were playoff calibur teams but just for the oddest of reason were not able to make it in.

I think Ricky got scared at the possiblity of not being able to "walk" away from this game. So I think he left not so much for pot(its really hard for me to believe that someone would turn there life upside down for a joint or two) but to see if the NFL lifestyle he was living was the style he wanted to live. So he left saw what was out there and decided the NFL is where he wants to be. For how long? Nobody but Ricky knows that.

flip said:
As for Ricky doing what he did last year i blame wanny for most of that. He ran Ricky way to much, now im not excusing Ricky, but he was running Ricky like 40 times a game lol from running that much im supprised Ricky is still alive. Oh yeah Ricky if you see this, you might be back but...............BROWN DELIVERS!!!!!!!!

That is garbage IMO. Dave was doing what he had to do to win games, would rather of had Minor take carries away and do less? Dave is not a good head coach, but blaming him for using what he has is garbage. Ricky takes the blame for not telling anyone besides Robert Smith that he does not want to play, and he even told Smith that he would play one more season. I really hate excuses, especially for Ricky, if he did not wanna play and said it before the draft, than I really have no problem with until he opened up his mouth. Ricky is a great talent, but his timing was terrible, and if ya can't blame Dave for that. If Ricky does not retire than the team is considered a contender and they went out and got Boston but he got hurt, they got a QB who they thought was capable, would you rather of them to stay put and not try to improve? Dave was a bad coach but Ricky leaving the team is not on him, it's on Ricky.

flip said:
Who freakin' cares!!!! Wanny is gone...move on with life...Jesus!

flip said:

he is a running back!!! his job is to run the ball. besides a true champion would want the ball every play.ricky leaving had nothing to do with wanstadt.

T.K.O. said:
I'll agree Wanny overused him. But I also think he was doing what was needed to win. Lets face it your passing game during the Ricky years were not striking to much fear into to too many teams. Plus during some of those years you were playoff calibur teams but just for the oddest of reason were not able to make it in.

I think Ricky got scared at the possiblity of not being able to "walk" away from this game. So I think he left not so much for pot(its really hard for me to believe that someone would turn there life upside down for a joint or two) but to see if the NFL lifestyle he was living was the style he wanted to live. So he left saw what was out there and decided the NFL is where he wants to be. For how long? Nobody but Ricky knows that.

And why didn't the passing game strike fear into opposing teams? Because DW held onto Fiedler for too long. Most of the great running backs would love to be the focal point of an offense (Earl Campbell, Eric Dickerson etc). However, RW does not possess the heart of a warrior or the will of a champion. His physical attributes are wasting away. Its too bad guys like Karim Abdul Jabbar couldn't have his physical ability. He was a warrior, who was short changed from a physical standpoint.

flip said:

I'm as big a Wanny basher there is but....

What Wacky did was of his own doings...He used the "I'm spent because of 700 plus carries the last two years" routine as a ruse when he first retired...prior to admitting his weed usage and positive drug tests...he quit because he didn't want to face the music...period....HE chose to smoke dope...HE chose to walk out on July 27th without any prior warning to the Fins...The stupid thing was that he was close to getting off the NFL drug radar prior to his December testing and then blew it completely in June...

What he did do was accentuate the obvious, that Wanny was not a capable enough head coach to overcome the loss of his feature player and was not coach enough to adjust his game plans to compensate for that loss. But most of us knew this...we just had to wait until Wanny quit or was fired...

I don't blame Wanny for ANYTHING Wacky did last year...

Ricky speaks and the multitudes follow blindly. Since Ricky said the reason he quit was that Wanny overworked him then it must be the truth right? Ricky would never lie to avoid taking responsibility for his actions. Doesnt matter that Ricky specifically asked to be left in on 3rd downs. Doesnt matter that he had the authority to come out anytime he wanted but refused to do so. Doesnt matter that he had already tested positive twice and was about to test positive again. Nope....all Wanny's fault.

Look, Wannabe was quite possibly the worst coach in the NFL ever....certainly the worst coach the Phins have had. But he didnt cause Ricky to quit. Ricky did that all on his own.

flip said:

That's nonsense, big time RBs always want the ball and don't make excuses when they get it "too much". Ricky has mental problems and is a pothead, Wannstedt desrerves NONE of the blame for him walking out on his team a week before camp- that's ALL on Ricky.

IMO, there were two main reasons Ricky quit last year: 1) he'd tested positive for pot and didn't want the negative attention, and 2) he had an entire pro football team put on his shoulders -- the entire offensive and defensive strategy was built around him. So here you have a guy with a social anxiety problem who's been put in the national spotlight because of the pot and because he has a whole team full of men counting on him to help them win. Tell me that ain't square peg in a round hole. His only solution was to blow outta there and go "hide" from people, and that's exactly what he did.

djfresh47 said:
That is garbage IMO. Dave was doing what he had to do to win games, would rather of had Minor take carries away and do less? Dave is not a good head coach, but blaming him for using what he has is garbage. Ricky takes the blame for not telling anyone besides Robert Smith that he does not want to play, and he even told Smith that he would play one more season. I really hate excuses, especially for Ricky, if he did not wanna play and said it before the draft, than I really have no problem with until he opened up his mouth. Ricky is a great talent, but his timing was terrible, and if ya can't blame Dave for that. If Ricky does not retire than the team is considered a contender and they went out and got Boston but he got hurt, they got a QB who they thought was capable, would you rather of them to stay put and not try to improve? Dave was a bad coach but Ricky leaving the team is not on him, it's on Ricky.

I agree. Wanny giving Ricky the ball was what he was supposed to do. You do whatever wins games. Ricky's job is to carry the ball and if it means 50 times a game so be it. IMO its not Wanny's fault. People may blame him for other things but that is not one of them.

Back
Top Bottom