Surtain
Madison
Getting ricky for those 2 years:goof:

Bad-
Fiedler:mad:
Griese:(
Feeley:confused:
The o Line:shakeno:
special teams (kinda funny how since 1996 we didnt have a ST TD and then wanny leaves and we get one):lol:
signing Junior Seau and Sammy Knight in 2003 when we needed O linemen alot more than more pro bowl defensive players :confused:
Norv Turner- he nearly killed ricky and didnt know how to utlize chambers

What do u guys think?

agree also, except for Feeley being on the bad list

I agree with the most of the list except Junior Seau and Sammy Knight being on the bad list. I think they we're pretty good pickups, definitely not bad.

CChambers7284 said:
Good/ Bad things that came out of Johnson and Wanny/Spielman era

Good-
Zach Thomas
Chambers
Mcmike
Taylor
Surtain
Madison
Getting ricky for those 2 years:goof:

Bad-
Fiedler:mad:
Griese:(
Feeley:confused:
The o Line:shakeno:
special teams (kinda funny how since 1996 we didnt have a ST TD and then wanny leaves and we get one):lol:
signing Junior Seau and Sammy Knight in 2003 when we needed O linemen alot more than more pro bowl defensive players :confused:
Norv Turner- he nearly killed ricky and didnt know how to utlize chambers

What do u guys think?

The firing of Wanny and Spielman ranks up there for the good list, almost as high as Jimmy leaving.

Todd Wade was a good thing. he was a hell of an o-lineman for us. we got screwed by not getting a draft pick for losing him.

Ummmm Norv knew how to utilize Chambers.....he just didnt have a QB to throw it....

It was well documented Norv hated Feidler

I think he put Seau and Knight on there because of the timing. Not because they are bad players. At the time we already had a very good defense, but what we lacked was an offense and a good coaching. I think he is saying that instead of getting Seau and Knight we should have focused on the offensive side of the game.

I can't say I agree or disagree with him at the time it happened. But since hind-sight is 20/20 he does have a point. Of course I could be interpreting his list wrong.

BlitPhinFan said:
I think he put Seau and Knight on there because of the timing. Not because they are bad players. At the time we already had a very good defense, but what we lacked was an offense and a good coaching. I think he is saying that instead of getting Seau and Knight we should have focused on the offensive side of the game.

I can't say I agree or disagree with him at the time it happened. But since hind-sight is 20/20 he does have a point. Of course I could be interpreting his list wrong.

I take it as he is talking about the time of Seau and Knight also. But what offensive FA where there when we got them? even though we already had a good defense i would rather bring in probowl defensive players instead of bringing in scrub offensive players. because offense may be fun to watch but defense wins championships.

Does anyone know what offensive players we passed on to get Seau and Knight. this way we could see if it was bad timing or if they were the best out there.

I take it as he is talking about the time of Seau and Knight also. But what offensive FA where there when we got them? even though we already had a good defense i would rather bring in probowl defensive players instead of bringing in scrub offensive players. because offense may be fun to watch but defense wins championships.

Does anyone know what offensive players we passed on to get Seau and Knight. this way we could see if it was bad timing or if they were the best out there.

well if defense wins championchships

Miami should have won the superbowl
in 2000, 2001,2002 and 2003

wel lthen waht happend

Note: I think Seau and Knight are great players (I wish we kept knight) but at the time spending the money on a defense w/

Taylor, Ogun, Thomas, Greenwood, Freeman, marion, Madison, Surtain, Chester and Bowens. It just wast needed.

CChambers7284 said:
Note: I think Seau and Knight are great players (I wish we kept knight) but at the time spending the money on a defense w/

Taylor, Ogun, Thomas, Greenwood, Freeman, marion, Madison, Surtain, Chester and Bowens. It just wast needed.

What offensive players could we have gotten that year?

Back
Top Bottom