Good lord help us all!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good lord help us all!!

I was going to say the same thing about Indy. We play basically the same way we did against them, and tackle a little better and we will be ok.
Since I think it's impossible to tackle worse than we did against Indy, I'm sure that part will be fine.
Also, as good as the offense was that night, remember that our offense is now BETTER than it was at that point of the season.

Good god help the OP get some freakin' balls...

I hope that Dan Henning, Pasqualani, Sparano and all the coaches are working their butts off this week. You know they saw the scoreboard and what the Saints did to the undefeated Giants.

The Saints are obviously VERY good this year. Sparano better have "all hands on deck" working this week to get ready for Brees & Co. Big storm coming next Sunday ... and it's Katrina sized. It's not just their passing game. The Saints somehow got a lot better at everything. Their defense is damn good too. Read this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/17/sports/football/17giants.html?_r=1

The offense, the defense and the special teams are all going to have to bring their A game in order to beat these guys. We need our 12th man (the crowd) to be yelling their damn fool heads off for the whole game too. We need everything. We need more than the kitchen sink to throw at them.

We need tanks or something. The Saints are coming. :chuckle:

:tank:

defense should let them run the ball and put seven and eight guys into coverage, no big plays and run the ball

We have a history of winning games against teams considered far and away the best in the league despite being major underdogs. New England in 2004 (12-1) and Chicago (7-0) in 2006 come to mind. We're due for another big upset.

I think we have a decent chance at pulling the upset, gotta have faith.

BUT.....

the Saints are going to be prepared for our running game (wildcat or no wildcat). That's not saying that they will be able to stop it, but as good as we have run the ball there's no guarantee they cannot stop it. If they know we are going to mainly use the run our offense is going to have to be prepared to let Henne open it up.

I'm really hoping our team can mix it up and trust our passing game. In no way am I saying shy away from the running game but in reality if we get stopped there Henning needs to be creative.

A lot of posts seem to assume R&R will not be stopped and we all know what happens when you assume....

It's good that our offensive line is in the BYE week and they're healing up from whatever ailments they might have. They're going to be working HARD next Sunday. I'd like to see them out there on the field most of the day. Keep Brees sitting on the bench as much as possible.

Brees is a surgeon passing the ball. Our DBs will have to be as sharp as a surgeon's scapel for the whole game or Brees could burn us just like Peyton did earlier this year. They better blanket those receivers. Be on them like stink on shyte. :chuckle:

Probably not a miracle, pound the rock like a number #1 rushing team, and play somewhat of a defense in the secondary, and putting pressure on brees.
We've heard the same mantra from the Eagles, Bills, Jets, and Giants fans for about the last month and it hasn't seemed to have made a difference. Every fan base thinks it's going to be their team that somehow does it magically better than the last. :lol2:

2 words: onside kick. And do it right after a long sustained scoring drive. Really its not going to matter if Brees is starting from his 20 or our 40, he's going to score a quick TD through the air so we myswell try to get the ball back. We have no chance at stopping their passing attack, the best passing d in the league just got embarrassed, what chance do we have at stopping them?

2 words: onside kick. And do it right after a long sustained scoring drive. Really its not going to matter if Brees is starting from his 20 or our 40, he's going to score a quick TD through the air so we myswell try to get the ball back. We have no chance at stopping their passing attack, the best passing d in the league just got embarrassed, what chance do we have at stopping them?

I was very surprised they didn't try that in the 3rd or early 4th. They were very close on the one they did try late.

we can't get into a shootout with them like we did the jets. we just can't. if we can eat up the clock and keep brees off the field we've got a good shot. but if brees passes all over us - like he's done with just about everyone the past few years - the run game won't mean a damn thing. the saints are the best team in the NFL IMO - if we beat them we're right back to being playoff contenders. would love to see us get in the backfield against them like i thought we'd be doing all year.

its going to be tough... i think we can hang though, but only time will tell. If we do loose it's a non division and non conference game, so it won't kill us, but then we would HAVE to beat Nyj OR NE in the following 2 weeks imo.

yeah but do we have enough cb's to cover their wr's it feels like they have like 10 wr's on the field every time brees goes to the spread offense

Back
Top Bottom