Good News! Dalton is back | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good News! Dalton is back

And Ryan Finley is so bad they're bringing Andy Dalton back in to start. He's not good but he's better than what they had. If Dalton plays against the Steelers the Bengals win that game.

Now that a win won't screw up the Bengals still picking first I believe they're going to actually try to win. Zac Taylor is feeling the pressure of the possibility of going 0-16 and the fact he may be a 1 and done coach, with no chance of ever being hired again. He's coaching for his livelihood especially with McVay looking like a fraud (having been hired because of working under McVay).

Defenses sure did figure out McVay lol!

I see them drafting Burrow no matter how Andy Dalton does.

Our biggest competition is actually the New York Giants who would take Chase Young with the 2nd overall pick. We need to get ahead of them at all costs.

We just need to lose out and then we will get at least the second pick.

Gotta test Andy again. If he proves successful I see them taking Chase Young. If he sucks it up I see them taking Burrow.
They don't need to test Dalton, they know what they have, and how he does over the next few games isn't going to affect them taking a QB in the draft. It's likely done to try and get a couple of wins to try and save Zac Taylor's job.

Wish they had made this call a week earlier because they would have beaten the Steelers had they done thus helping the value of our 1b pick. An even mildly competent QB beats that on Sunday, Finley cost them the W.

They're trying to emulate the 2011 Colts template:

Curtis Painter no wins through 11 games (which they probably deemed good enough to secure Luck)
Dan Orlovsky 2-3 over the last 5 (which must have had them worried)

Bengals have named him starter again. Finley just wasn’t ready yet .
Perhaps Dalton can pull out a couple of wins and secure us a top 2 draft position.
Because of the way the draft order is calculated the Bengals would need to win 3 games, the Redskins win one more game and the Dolphins would need to lose out for the Dolphins to get the first pick in the draft. To get the second pick in the draft the Dolphins also have to lose out and that includes losing to the Giants and of course a loss to the Bengals. We also would need the Redskins to win another game or if the Dolphins and Redskins both end up with 2 wins, the Redskins will receive the higher pick in round one.

I think the Dolphins are more likely to end up with the 3rd or 4th pick in the draft instead of one of the top two picks because they will probably beat the Bengals and the Giants game is a toss up.

They don't need to test Dalton, they know what they have, and how he does over the next few games isn't going to affect them taking a QB in the draft. It's likely done to try and get a couple of wins to try and save Zac Taylor's job.
But for Dalton this is his opportunity.

If Finley had succeeded, he would not have this opportunity.

I think we see the best (lol) Andy Dalton from here on out.

Don't know if that translates to wins for them, but I sure hope it does.

Because of the way the draft order is calculated the Bengals would need to win 3 games, the Redskins win one more game and the Dolphins would need to lose out for the Dolphins to get the first pick in the draft. To get the second pick in the draft the Dolphins also have to lose out and that includes losing to the Giants and of course a loss to the Bengals. We also would need the Redskins to win another game or if the Dolphins and Redskins both end up with 2 wins, the Redskins will receive the higher pick in round one.

I think the Dolphins are more likely to end up with the 3rd or 4th pick in the draft instead of one of the top two picks because they will probably beat the Bengals and the Giants game is a toss up.
We lost to the Redskins. Wouldn't that give us a higher pick if the records are tied?

Pittsburgh also starting Hodges this week.

In this scenario we are hoping for the opposite results of Cincy, obviously.

Why would they try to save his job, he should’ve been fired at the halfway point.

I see them drafting Burrow no matter how Andy Dalton does.

Our biggest competition is actually the New York Giants who would take Chase Young with the 2nd overall pick. We need to get ahead of them at all costs.
I agree. Chase is the best player in college and should be our target

Back
Top Bottom