Good news for Henson fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good news for Henson fans

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Reaction score
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04035/269141.stm

According to this article, the Steelers are out of the Drew Henson Sweepstakes. A lot can change between now and the draft, but right now, Miami has to be considered the front-runner to acquire him. The Phins are, after all, the only team that we *KNOW* is interested. Buffalo, KC and Green Bay have just been rumored to be interested.

Sign Brunell, trade for Henson, and all is well at the QB position for the next 12 years.

Brunell wont come here if Henson is traded to us since he doesnt want a repeat of last year w/ B. Leftwich.

thats not definite, i can see brunell changing his tune there(most anywhere he goes teams will want a young guy ready to take over for him), especially since henson is further away from starting probably, than most 1st rounders

Brunell is realistic enough to know that Henson isn't going to be ready for 2 seasons.

Originally posted by phunwin
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04035/269141.stm

According to this article, the Steelers are out of the Drew Henson Sweepstakes. A lot can change between now and the draft, but right now, Miami has to be considered the front-runner to acquire him. The Phins are, after all, the only team that we *KNOW* is interested. Buffalo, KC and Green Bay have just been rumored to be interested.

Sign Brunell, trade for Henson, and all is well at the QB position for the next 12 years.

Q is, why would the steelers go to the trouble of scouting him out more IF they're really out of the market?
Just a smokescreen to throw the hounds off the trail perhaps??

Man we want anyone, everyone who is not Jay F. even if they haven't played football for 3 years..haven't proven themselfves at the professional level in any league. Sometimes we get so tunneled vision on something, that we miss the common sense part of it. I have no idea if henson is worth it. He didn't win a national championship in college, or was the best player out of college that year. He was thought to be one of the top QB prospects coming out..but elected baseball, didn't do well there and now wants to come back to football. Can you say ol qb of FL state, inconsistence QB of Carolina. If we get a young QB I"d rather have Rivers or Losman. But such is life, really none of the QB's we've mentioned on this board really excite me. It's like last year when we were getting Griese, all these excited people...yea we saw how that turned out...and I knew it and say it over and over, but all we knew is we wanted someone other than Jay, poetic justice when Jay cam into the Redskins game and brought us back to a win. Some you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone..The only QB other than Jay that excites me out of all this is Sage. All these other guys worked in different systems and I don't know if they'd do as well in ours. But we'll see.

Hear, hear!

I think Brunnel would jump at the chance knowing that Henson is in the wings. He is AT LEAST 1 year away, probably 2 or more if Mark gets us into the playoffs and shows form.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist here..."Fla w/ no state income taxes and close to my home, Play Off caliber team that wants me.....Rookie Franchise QB that needs A LOT of guidance....hummm.....OK."

BTW, same argument applies to Rivers or Losman IMO.

Re: Re: Good news for Henson fans

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Q is, why would the steelers go to the trouble of scouting him out more IF they're really out of the market?
Just a smokescreen to throw the hounds off the trail perhaps??

Possibly. But there's something like a dozen teams attending the workout, and we know there won't be a dozen teams pursuing Henson. More than likely, it's just routine scouting on their part. If he wows them, maybe they change their mind.

Texans: Henson showcase slated for February 12
The Chiefs, Bills, Packers, and Dolphins have all indicated an interest in Henson, ...... All of the teams prominently mentioned as potential suitors have established veteran quarterbacks who could smooth Henson's transition to the NFL.

established veteran quarterbacks :confused: by 3/1 we should be have QBs other than Stoener under contract

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
...especially since henson is further away from starting probably, than most 1st rounders

I would think that he is closer than a Rivers is... he's that much more talented! I understand that had he come out fo rthe draft instead of signing with the Yankees, he would have possibly been a number one choice.

I dont know if that article say anything about Pitt bowing out. They are just not saying anything either way. I for one hope we get the kid. He would be a great fit esp. with Brunell. We need a big move for our front office to look slightly capable after the Marino fiasco. Of course the Marino thing is not a reason to do it (I thought they should get him anyway) but it may be reason to push for a faster move.

There is also alot of bad news here. Pitt is pulling out b/c it finds that the demands are excessive. News that Houston and Henson have excessive demands is bad news for Miami.

Also it is not a smokescreen simply b/c Pitt is still sending a scout to the workout. Every team keeps files on players even after the draft in case they become available through trades or FA.

You all have no idea whether or not Henson is going to be ready to play now. When you say that he wont be ready for two years it is just pure speculation. That couldnt possibly be determined untill FEB 12 when the Texans have people come in to see him. The guy could be in better shape then any players in the draft how would any of you possibly know

Back
Top Bottom