Good QB breakdown from Greg Cosell | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good QB breakdown from Greg Cosell

Cosell affirmed everything I don't like about Herbert. His completion % is misleading and I hate that he is not an anticipation thrower. See it before you throw it guys are always the ones that end up being busts. I can not name one successful guy in the history of the NFL that played like that.

Nobody has mentioned just how quickly Cosell jumped in to tout Jacob Eason.

My guy... the guy who I still believe will be the steal of this draft... if he goes to a team that wants a pocket passer.

If the Giants didnt already have Jones, they'd take him in the first.
He didn't really tout him, he said he was interested to find out what today's NFL thinks of the type of QB he is. Eason reminds me of Joe Flacco. Not a fan of his at all.

I'm all in with Brown. I think the dude is going to be a legit game-changer as a PRO with
positional flex in Flores system -- a freaking NIGHTMARE!

IMO he's a very safe pick to actually land greatness on the roster!

I just don't think you pass on those kind of players.

But hey, I get the QB obsession and unmitigated frenzy by many to just get a QB and that will make
everything great... I don't disagree as long as you have a very high certainty on your target @5.

Trading up is pure insanity on so many levels...

That would totally wreck our program before it really gets going.

And yes, I still think Rosen can mature into a solid PRO.

The kid has a lot of talent and needs to have some solid support to have a legit chance
to show if he's indeed the answer. I just think the bashing he's taken around here is
misguided relative to the situation he was thrown into last year...

But I'm sure Flores has already made a preliminary decision on Josh based on what he's seen
behind the scenes...

Our draft will certainly be interesting!
Brown might be the best player in the entire draft.

Cosell affirmed everything I don't like about Herbert. His completion % is misleading and I hate that he is not an anticipation thrower. See it before you throw it guys are always the ones that end up being busts. I can not name one successful guy in the history of the NFL that played like that.
Terry Bradshaw maybe?

you were doing good till you mention Love.
I'm not the biggest Love fan, bt Cosell likes him and it's obvious there is some interest from Miami. I'd rather take a chance on him that taking a DT at #5.

I'm all in with Brown. I think the dude is going to be a legit game-changer as a PRO with
positional flex in Flores system -- a freaking NIGHTMARE!

IMO he's a very safe pick to actually land greatness on the roster!

I just don't think you pass on those kind of players.

But hey, I get the QB obsession and unmitigated frenzy by many to just get a QB and that will make
everything great... I don't disagree as long as you have a very high certainty on your target @5.

Trading up is pure insanity on so many levels...

That would totally wreck our program before it really gets going.

And yes, I still think Rosen can mature into a solid PRO.

The kid has a lot of talent and needs to have some solid support to have a legit chance
to show if he's indeed the answer. I just think the bashing he's taken around here is
misguided relative to the situation he was thrown into last year...

But I'm sure Flores has already made a preliminary decision on Josh based on what he's seen
behind the scenes...

Our draft will certainly be interesting!
I agree with you on Rosen, and I still wouldn't be shocked if he's Miami's QB in the years to come.

I can't agree with you on a DT. When is the last time a game changing DT won a Super Bowl? Probably have to go back to Vince Wolfork or Warren Sapp, but neither of those teams won because the the DT, although you might be able to make an argument that Sapp was the biggest reason for Tampa but the game has changed.

I would be fine with building the team and putting Rosen back there with a simplified offense, but if that's the case build the line. Use that #5 pick for the best OT available.

I'm not the biggest Love fan, bt Cosell likes him and it's obvious there is some interest from Miami. I'd rather take a chance on him that taking a DT at #5.
Oh I'll be very upset if we go DT at 5. Actually, I'll be very upset if we go DT in the first round at all.

...wow, that might deflate the Tua tribe balloon just a tad!

overall a very reasonable analysis with good insights...

Based on that there's ZERO CHANCE we force the issue and

trade up for either a "system QB" (with serious medical flags)

or absolutely sell the farm for a weak arm...

If we're 100% addicted to a QB @5 we will have some options

but I would rather grab a certified legit NFL ready PRO like

Derrick Brown or Simmons.

I still like our chances with Rosen developing with a strong OL

and a complimentary running game...

:lol:

I'm hoping we take Simmons at 5 and move up a bit from 18 to get Love. Grab Jones or Ruiz at 26 and we're cooking with fire! Get a RB (Akers?) and keep fortifying the O and D lines in rounds 2 and 3.

We have 14 picks. How many more do you want?
LOL...and I'm willing to trade some of those later picks for picks next season.

With these many picks we have no need for a practice squad.

Of all the perceived top quarterbacks in this draft, Love has some of the best and worst tape.

He also hasn't had the advantage of Burrow, Tua or Hurts in regard to coaching and talent around him.

Not advocating for Love, but that has to be considered. If his weaknesses are coachable. no question he has the talent.

Oh I'll be very upset if we go DT at 5. Actually, I'll be very upset if we go DT in the first round at all.

IF QB does not work out landing Brown or Kinlaw would hardly be a disaster.

Derek Brown is going to be an All Pro BEAST, adding him to what Miami has on the DL would make it a huge problem for everyone to deal with.

It may not be a need but a dominant DT is hard to find and has a big impact on the game.

I am taking Tua at 5 but if he is gone I would take Brown with a big smile on my face while I did it.

Of all the perceived top quarterbacks in this draft, Love has some of the best and worst tape.

He also hasn't had the advantage of Burrow, Tua or Hurts in regard to coaching and talent around him.

Not advocating for Love, but that has to be considered. If his weaknesses are coachable. no question he has the talent.

I have to wonder how much interest there would be in Love if Patrick Mahomes was not so great.

I think when people look at Love they see the potential of him becoming Mahomes because he physically resembles him.

At this point I think I would be more willing to gamble on Love than Herbert. I think Love could be coached up, I am afraid Herbert's weaknesses can't be fixed.

Then again Herbert might be the best QB from this Draft in 5 year...........................I am glad I do not have to make the call.

Back
Top Bottom