Good stuff on Tua | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good stuff on Tua

CedarPhin

King of the Moondoggers
Club Member
Reaction score
▪ College football TV analyst and former NFL quarterback Mark Sanchez watches Tua Tagovailoa and is somewhat spellbound. Sanchez told Fox’s Colin Cowherd:

“Sometimes you can’t even articulate what he did on film and it leaves you scratching your head because it’s so good, so fast and so instinctive. It’s almost like he’s processing what’s happening physically in front of him. And in those nanoseconds his body is already reacting. He’s already making decisions you didn’t even know he could make that quickly. It’s uncanny. He’s physically and mentally twitchy.”

CBS’ Nate Burleson said: “It’s great Tua takes care of the ball; he’s an intellectual QB. But he’s also going to learn to be a little risky at times because that’s what Ryan Fitzpatrick does.”

▪ Random Tagovailoa fact: Instead of having a blanket, Tagovailoa would sleep with a football next to him.

His family couldn’t have ornate light fixtures in the house because he was always throwing a football around his house.

And after a high school game performance that didn’t live up to expectations, he would go to a park in Hawaii and throw the football instead of going out with friends.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article242568446.html#storylink=cpy

He’s still one of the top say 200 people to ever play QB and achieved a level of success many could only dream. Dilfer seems like a good analyst and he was a ****ty qb so.. who knows
Top 200 you say?

That's a real stretch there........

I'm going to look into this a bit.

Top 200 you say?

That's a real stretch there........

I'm going to look into this a bit.

Actually @CANDolphan , after perusing some statistics, I have to agree. Sanchez is easily a top 200 QB.

From what I see, he is around 150 all time.

Comp% = 103rd all time
Passer rating = 132nd all time
#146 all time pass yds
#156 all time TDs

Interesting

however I can’t take Sanchez’s point of view too seriously. LOL
Neither Simms nor Sanchez have a track record of evaluating the Qb but we’ve talked endlessly about PFF’s favorite little pretty boy, here’s what Sanchez has to say..

“Sometimes you can’t even articulate what he did on film and it leaves you scratching your head because it’s so good, so fast and so instinctive. It’s almost like he’s processing what’s happening physically in front of him. And in those nanoseconds his body is already reacting. He’s already making decisions you didn’t even know he could make that quickly. It’s uncanny. He’s physically and mentally twitchy.”

Back
Top Bottom