Good stuff on Tua | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good stuff on Tua

Interesting

however I can’t take Sanchez’s point of view too seriously. LOL
I know you are kidding. Great players are not often great booth guys and vice versa. I have never heard Sanchez call a game. I do like Romo.

He’s still one of the top say 200 people to ever play QB and achieved a level of success many could only dream. Dilfer seems like a good analyst and he was a ****ty qb so.. who knows
I agree. Sanchez obviously wasn’t a great NFL QB but he did lead the Jets to the playoff twice. Any player who makes an NFL roster is a player who is better than over 99.9% of the players who ever played football at any level.
So while he might be known as the butt fumble QB, he was obviously talented enough to be a starter in the NFL and for that I respect his opinion when he gives his views on Tua or any other QB in the NFL.

Last edited:
I know you are kidding. Great players are not often great booth guys and vice versa. I have never heard Sanchez call a game. I do like Romo.
I never said that in all cases, of course Romo is pretty awesome at what he does. But so many former QBs including Phil Simms tout everyone as great and these are average QBs. It’s very comical. I’m still waiting for Bridgewater to lead the league in passing which Phil claimed a few years ago. As of right now I have never heard Sanchez make a profound statement. These guys throw crazy predictions and statement out all the time to make a name for themselves.

Top 200 you say?

That's a real stretch there........

I'm going to look into this a bit.
Actually @CANDolphan , after perusing some statistics, I have to agree. Sanchez is easily a top 200 QB.

From what I see, he is around 150 all time.

Comp% = 103rd all time
Passer rating = 132nd all time
#146 all time pass yds
#156 all time TDs
I nearly wrote top 150, too!

he has several playoff wins. There are tons of QBs who would give anything for that.

I love how folks try to discredit a former player's opinion just because said player wasn't great at the NFL level (even though they still achieved the peak of the profession by playing in the NFL to begin with. I have a post about this in the Chris Simms thread).

If somebody feels that way, then i full expect him/her to take the side of a great player's opinion (it's the only logical way of following their argument). That means that every person who discounts Simms's or Sanchez's opinion, must believe that Bob Griese is the greatest quarterback to ever play for the Miami Dolphins. Also, Nat Moore is the ebst receiver in Phins history. Both arguments are total hogwash (IMO) but they were the opinions of Dolphins great Bob Kuechenberg.

And for the sake of full disclosure, I am not a Mark Sanchez fan. Never was. I have long had a soft spot for Simms (his dad was terribly underrated, and I have always liked Chris).

I would most like to hear an honest opinion from Dan Marino. He probably had a lot of input as to whether we took Tua or not. He knows what it takes. If Marino had been against it with conviction, I don't think we'd have taken Tua.

I agree. Sanchez obviously wasn’t a great NFL QB but he did lead the Jets to the playoff twice. Any player who makes an NFL roster is a player who is better than over 99.9% of the players who ever played football at any level.
So while he might be known as the butt fumble QB, he was obviously talented enough to be a starter in the NFL and for that I respect his opinion when he gives his views on Tua or any other QB in the NFL.

Lead?

Or managed?

That roster starting with the offensive line was loaded...Ferguson, Mangold, Woody and Faneca. Add that bruiser but efficient FB Richardson.....and you have a team built to withstand whatever learning curve Sanchez was subject to.

That defense?.....With a in your prime Revis, and they had a small but a very real window.

Here is question which would you prefer?

ButtFumble lore and a PO win or................. No PO wins but an average NFL Career

ButtFumble is a pretty embarrassing as far as infamy goes... I just take the money & memories of a limited NFL career than have to live with that all my life

I would most like to hear an honest opinion from Dan Marino. He probably had a lot of input as to whether we took Tua or not. He knows what it takes. If Marino had been against it with conviction, I don't think we'd have taken Tua.

grain of salt and all but i trust him - Marino absolutely loved Jordan Love. Thought the kid has it. (Through a third party so YMMV)

Back
Top Bottom