Goodbye...So Long...Fare Thee Well... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goodbye...So Long...Fare Thee Well...

blingbling2334 said:
what we fail to remember as Dolphin fans is that we had 7 (?) good seasons. I'm sure Cardinal fans would die to have our team, and watch it dismantle like this. We've been spoiled for years, and like all good teams in the NFL, they have to regroup sometime.
No faith man?

I don't know about regrouping but I believe we are gonna find a new back, have a hell of a training camp, and make another run. Rebuilding year my ***.

In Wanny we trust. At least for this year.;)

Cheers !!!!!!

I have been lucky enought to be a dolphin fan for nearly 13 years now. I am also a detriot lions fan, even with out barry, and always want them to do well. Ricky was never the team too me and I'm glad to see others step up and say something.

Am I going to return my season tickets, NO. Am I going to hate the phins, NO. I am however going to try and return my RW jersey for a different one :confused:

The dolphins have a good history of winning and a decent player base. This change while quite infuriating, opens some new doors; for example:

1. More salary cap room
2. No one can use ricky as a crutch in the QB challenge/contoversy
3. Even lower expectations for the dolphins which means less preperation (to a point)

I'm sure others could come up with more but #1 and #2 interest me the most.

The thing that concerns me the most is how the TEAM will take this, I would hate to see those guys get bummed out and it affect them. I'm not sure if any of them read the site but guys:

I will bleed Aqua and Orange till the day I DIE!!!!!! Win this one cause they think you can't here's to a great season :chug:

awing --- over and out

:up: Great post Wharf. I think this is the time for the TRUE fans to stick together and hope for the best this season. No more bandwagoners is a good thing...I am going to love to see the people that stick around and will continue to post and love their Dolphins NO MATTER WHAT. Those who leave...well good bye and have fun jumping on thew Pats Bandwagon.

How come so many people are giving up????? Thne patsies won two Super Bowls with a bad runner game and a OK defense, why can't we do the same?????

AJ will carry the Dolphins to the promised land, I guarantee it!

FJW

(aka-Tad)

Even though I am from a rival team, it actualy saddens me a bit to see Ricky go as well. I will not rub it in as I know this is something that true fans really do not feel good about, and its not worth rubbing it in. Miami was the Patriots best competition last year and the games were intese to watch, that Overtime game had me at the edge of my seat the whole time. I wish what happened to the Dolphins on no team, and I hope it does not hurt your team so bad that you are no longer competitive. Dont lose the faith however, because 1 person does not make a team, football is a team sport and if everyone does their part you can still accomplish anything. Having a running game is a good weapon to have, but not neccessary to succeed. The patriots won 2 superbowls with an awful running attack. Miami has some good things going for them, they have 2 great WRs, however the QB situation is a bit iffy. Their defense is still solid, and you can still trade Ogonleye and maybe get a RB out of the deal?

What some of you are forgetting however is that the NFL is a business, it is not your highschool team, or some pop warner team. Its a business, and the players are the Employees. Ricky, granted his timing was not exactly ideal for the team, has every right to quit football if his heart is no longer in the game. If you had a choice like his where you already had a good ammount of money to live the rest of your life on, would you continue to do something that does not make you happy like football? Would you even want him on your team if his heart is not into the game, and he isnt going to give it 110% on every play? A lot was asked of Ricky Williams when he was a Dolphin, didnt he almost have 400 carries in a season last year or the year before? That is ALOT of beatings to take during a season, perhaps that is what lead to what some would call dementia.. He was only 27 which is suprising he retired so early, howevr you gotta wonder how much longer he could have gone taking the ammount of carries he did, and carrying the Dolphins offense every year. 3.7 yards per carry isnt all that good anywyas, which is what i believe ricky williams stats were for last year. You guys will move on, im sure, this offseason has been quite dismal for you, but look at it this way, if they conquer all of this and go on to make it into the playoffs, then it will just feel that much better when they succeed. Miami is a good team, regardless of whether or not Ricky is playing or not.

I felt ****ty when Lawyer Milloy was cut a few days before the opening game, never mind that he went to Buffalo. The patriots locker room im sure had some bad moral going into that game, losing their defensive captain, someone that everyone on the defense looked to as a leader, and was now gone, but they overcame, and the season just felt that much better. Granted its a little tougher to lose someone in a skilled position like RB, but it does not break your team. Now I would be lieing if I said I wasnt a little more confident in the Patriots chances this year since we no longer have to deal with Ricky Williams 2 times a year, but I honestly would rather face him those 2 games a year, because it makes the games more exciting, and more rewarding. This is a big hit to the NFL, to lose a top 10 rusher to retirement, but from what it sounds like from the stories, it was inevitable. Keep cheering on your team, dont lose hope, never give up, if anything this gives you more of a reason to cheer louder and harder for your team this year, to help them through this season, because that is what football is all about. Nothing revolves around 1 person, nothing.... No 1 man makes or breaks a team, unless of course your Pay-me-a-ton Manning.

Our defense won't change, and our offense never really won us any games anyway, the only thing this effects is our offensive philosophy and my Fantasy Football team.

feeleyjustwins said:
How come so many people are giving up????? Thne patsies won two Super Bowls with a bad runner game and a OK defense, why can't we do the same?????

AJ will carry the Dolphins to the promised land, I guarantee it!

FJW

(aka-Tad)

I hope he knows how much this is going to cost him. Falure to perform clauses are air tight in NFL contracts. ESPN is reporting he could be on the hook for over $3 million. That's a lot of $$$ to be an international bum.

To answer you question, I don't think Feeley is the second coming of Tom Brady and Belicheck isn't our coach.

Go away Patsy fan and stop rubbing it in. You team is cheaters and not beaters.

WTF? I come here and make a sincere post stating how I feel about Ricky Williams leaving and this is how you respond? Whatever man... Now I remember why I hardly come to these board.

Harrison, please understand. Our frustration is getting bigger by the second. But thanks for the classy post.

I agree, Warf. It's well overdue for true fans to stand up and hold the water. Maybe we'll go 0-16, I don't care. I'll be watching every single snap of this season - Ricky Williams or not, we're still the Miami Dolphins...

always in control. ;)

Harrison37 said:
WTF? I come here and make a sincere post stating how I feel about Ricky Williams leaving and this is how you respond? Whatever man... Now I remember why I hardly come to these board.

Please don't listen to that guy, hes been posting only today and is just trying to make a joke of everything. If you look at his other post hes going around pretending to be gay and his partner knows more about football than anything but is ashamed of him.:shakeno: Im suprised he hasn't been banned yet but regardless your post was very well written and I hope you stick around because your input would be highly valued around here. Thanks for the support from one football fan to another.

Wharf... that was a killer writeup. I've been a true fan since I formed a memory, and every year it's been the same. No Super Bowl. The fact that this kook waits a week before training camp kills me. "I wanna take more pictures. I wanna tour Asia. I can no longer handle the restrictions that this sport puts on my life." Hey RICKY! Boo F'n Hoo! Cry me a river. Go do what you want. A man has the right to do so. BUT NOT A WEEK BEFORE TRAINING CAMP, YOU SELFISH PR**K! You don't make this team. The ultimate thing that burns my a** though, is the fact that we dumped Minor. The guy was a solid back. So now we're stuck with who? However, there is a funny irony to story. Ricky just did to Wanny what he has done to the fans the last 2 playoff-less seasons. Stuck a big one right up his backside. Good one you stupid hippie! :fire:

Harrison37 said:
Don't think Feeleyjustwins is your typical Dolphins fan on this board. Most are knowledgeable fans that love their team and welcome respectful posts from other fans, like yours.

Harrison37 said:
I'm new around these boards, but from a fin fan to a patsy fan, thanks for yor words, they put a lot of things into perpective and make this travesty just that much better.

Don't worry about that fool. The guy comes in talking smack like it's his job. He's probably a Philly fan. Thanks for the classy fan.

Back
Top Bottom