Goodbye...So Long...Fare Thee Well... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goodbye...So Long...Fare Thee Well...

FlyingElvis said:
Don't think Feeleyjustwins is your typical Dolphins fan on this board. Most are knowledgeable fans that love their team and welcome respectful posts from other fans, like yours.

I am so a typical dolphin fan, i'm just not familiar with posting stuff. I love rikki and I love the dolphins, they will win it all this year even without rikki.

The reason i started posting now is because of them rikki news, didn't you have first day posting talk about football?:mad:

harisoned is as loser patsy fan who is just trying to rub it in, and i am mad you support him and not me. I'm standing up for us:mad:

i am done with you, i won't respond to your childish posts!

FeeleyJustwins

Nice Post Warf

I agree. I wont miss the fair weather fans.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the team responds to this "crisis"...sometimes things like this cause a team to unify and raise thier level of play. Lets see what happens. Either way, Super bowl win or non playoff season, or somewhere in between, I'm a DOLFAN!~

Nice post Wharf... i agree totally. I am very upset with this whole thing because it was plain and simply retarded!! lol. I am one of those "positive thinking" fans so i refused to believe the "season is over". Everything happens for a reason and apparently his heart and mind was not in the game anymore so i wouldnt want him here with that mentality anyway! I will hope and believe that someone will step up and do their job to replace him like Minor, or Morris. Maybe we will even get Robert Edwards back and see what he is about since we only let him go because we had Ricky in the first place. We still have a great defense, some great receivers, the o-line is shaping up and we have to wait to see on the qb... all in all, its been a horrible offseason, but anything can happen! Fans should be fans of a TEAM not a player and that is one thing i will always be... A FAN OF THE MIAMI DOLPHINS! Anyone that wants to give up and move on because ONE player left, so be it... happy trails! :wave:

:missmeth:

Harrison37 said:
WTF? I come here and make a sincere post stating how I feel about Ricky Williams leaving and this is how you respond? Whatever man... Now I remember why I hardly come to these board.
Harrison37 please don't take that asinine response as symbolic of this board. We very much appreciate and value posters like yourself who are thoughful and intelligent.

That was a great post. Welcome to the boards.

Harrison37 said:
WTF? I come here and make a sincere post stating how I feel about Ricky Williams leaving and this is how you respond? Whatever man... Now I remember why I hardly come to these board.

Hey Harrison37 don't worry about a couple of losers! I thought you post was very insiteful and actually picked me up a bit! It does suck that he's gone, but your right 1 player doesn't make a team and if we can over come this then it will make things that much better! Who knows without Ricky maybe the O won't rely on the running game so much and they will be a more balanced Offence! MAYBE! Got to stay positive!

Either way good post and keep coming back! This site could use more objective fans no matter who they root for!

Harrison37 said:
Even though I am from a rival team, it actualy saddens me a bit to see Ricky go as well. I will not rub it in as I know this is something that true fans really do not feel good about, and its not worth rubbing it in.

Thanks for the kind words...

And Wharf, great thread.... :)

WharfRat said:
We all know by now that Ricky is tuning his back on football, and the Dolphins.
We all feel the resentment, the dispair, the betrayal. We all wonder why and how someone like Ricky Williams can toss away all that God given talent, and how he can waste what would have been an illustrious career. I know I'm not alone in feeling the anger at what he's done... to wait until the worst possible moment to make this irresponsible move. It's not his decision to retire that angers me... it's the timing. The Dolphins have been very good to him, and for him these last couple of years, he couldn't have done a better job at showing his lack of appreciation, or loyalty. I can only stand here and shake my head. Is the season completely lost? Well... perhaps, perhaps not... we all have to wait and see. Is griping about Ricky the purpose of this seemingly redundant thread? No.

This all comes down to why I, and those like me, are fans. It hurts the TEAM. I, like so many of you, am a fan of the Miami Dolphins. First and foremost. Have I been a fan of Ricky? Heck yeah! who among us hasn't? However, it's been because he was a Dolphin that I was a fan of his. I've heard this statement many times, by many members of this site:

"I'm a fan of the team, not just a player"

THAT statement is why I created this thread... something I don't often do.
The fact that Ricky is gone, has but ONE single positive outcome that I can see in the near future. That is that the bandwagoners, the fans-come-latley, the people who "became" Dolphin fans because of Ricky... will finally pack up their carpet bags, and head off to a different team.
This will thin the crowd... the true fans remaining... those that were not true fans will dissapear into the woodwork as fast as they came.
For all his alledged negativity, and controversial posts on this site, there is one member here who IMO stands out like a beacon... a posterboy for fans, if you will... A shining example of someone who will always remain true to the TEAM, no matter who is running the football... is Fin-atic. Fans like him, while not always popular in their views (Lord knows, I haven't always agreed with him), will be the LAST people to stop being a fan, because one bone-headed superstar called it quits. ( hate singling anyone out... but this guy really is a die-hard fan...sorry Fin-atic)
Others... and I'm sure we'll all see who they are... will simply find another team to root for. To them, I say Good Riddance. It will be nice to not have those "fans" around anymore...
As for me... I've been a Dolphin fan since long before Ricky Williams was born... and will continue to be a Dolphin fan until the day I die... no matter how good, nor how bad the upcoming season looks, I'll always have hope, I'll always cheer them on, and I'll always wear my Aqua and Orange with pride.
Those of you who are of the same mind... stick around, we have a LOT to talk about, wonder about, and hope for...
Is the title of this thread directed at Ricky?... no...it's for those that aren't with us... the bandwagon stops here... time for you to get off... and stay off!

I wholeheartily agree Wharf but it is almost like Ricky wanted to screw the organization, Team, Players, and most definitely us fans !!!

The timing couldn't have been MORE wrong ... 1 week before t-c opens :confused: .....

Ricky has the right to do what is best for him and his family but he was part of a team and to contemplate retiring and wait this long to inform the f-o with his decision is completely selfish !!

This imo was / is
clear.gif

clear.gif

Marino1983

All I want to say is... "Ricky, thanks for the memories."...

WharfRat said:
We all feel the resentment, the dispair, the betrayal. We all wonder why and how someone like Ricky Williams can toss away all that God given talent, and how he can waste what would have been an illustrious career. I know I'm not alone in feeling the anger at what he's done... to wait until the worst possible moment to make this irresponsible move. It's not his decision to retire that angers me... it's the timing. The Dolphins have been very good to him, and for him these last couple of years, he couldn't have done a better job at showing his lack of appreciation, or loyalty. I can only stand here and shake my head. Is the season completely lost? Well... perhaps, perhaps not... we all have to wait and see. Is griping about Ricky the purpose of this seemingly redundant thread? No.

This all comes down to why I, and those like me, are fans. It hurts the TEAM. I, like so many of you, am a fan of the Miami Dolphins. First and foremost. Have I been a fan of Ricky? Heck yeah! who among us hasn't? However, it's been because he was a Dolphin that I was a fan of his. I've heard this statement many times, by many members of this site:

The fact that Ricky is gone, has but ONE single positive outcome that I can see in the near future. That is that the bandwagoners, the fans-come-latley, the people who "became" Dolphin fans because of Ricky... will finally pack up their carpet bags, and head off to a different team.
This will thin the crowd... the true fans remaining... those that were not true fans will dissapear into the woodwork as fast as they came.
For all his alledged negativity, and controversial posts on this site, there is one member here who IMO stands out like a beacon... a posterboy for fans, if you will... A shining example of someone who will always remain true to the TEAM, no matter who is running the football... is Fin-atic. Fans like him, while not always popular in their views (Lord knows, I haven't always agreed with him), will be the LAST people to stop being a fan, because one bone-headed superstar called it quits. ( hate singling anyone out... but this guy really is a die-hard fan...sorry Fin-atic)
Others... and I'm sure we'll all see who they are... will simply find another team to root for. To them, I say Good Riddance. It will be nice to not have those "fans" around anymore...
As for me... I've been a Dolphin fan since long before Ricky Williams was born... and will continue to be a Dolphin fan until the day I die... no matter how good, nor how bad the upcoming season looks, I'll always have hope, I'll always cheer them on, and I'll always wear my Aqua and Orange with pride.
Those of you who are of the same mind... stick around, we have a LOT to talk about, wonder about, and hope for...
Is the title of this thread directed at Ricky?... no...it's for those that aren't with us... the bandwagon stops here... time for you to get off... and stay off!

You had me right up until you brought in fin-fantic.

Oliver...

This sure sucks for you guys... I can't believe he ran out on the team so close to the start of the season. :shakeno:

BUT, the guy has the right to pursuit of happiness if he wants to, I guess.

PS - wanna trade for Larry Johnson? :D

WharfRat said:

LET ME JUS SAY THAT WAS GREAT MAN SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE DIE HARD FAN IM WITH YOU 100% BROTHER!!!!!!

Cochise said:
This sure sucks for you guys... I can't believe he ran out on the team so close to the start of the season. :shakeno:

BUT, the guy has the right to pursuit of happiness if he wants to, I guess.

PS - wanna trade for Larry Johnson? :D
YOU THINK KC WOULD BE INTERESTED IN 0-GUN FOR LJ I WOULD BE ALL FOR THAT. :D

Thanks Warf

Nice read Warf,
Don't let one negative fin fan keep you from here. We are all upset that Ricky left now. I've been a fan since 1970 and will be a fan until I die. Ricky did not make the phins. The phins made Ricky. He had his best two years as a pro playing for this franchise. I just wish the timing would have been better, but I will cheer my beloved Dolphins with or with out him. Again Wharf thanks for the kind thoughts and remarks, it shows what a true football fan is all about. It would have been real easy to kick us when we are down. We may be down but definatly not out. GO PHINS!!!!!!:D :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom