Got to give it up for Miami... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Got to give it up for Miami...

Originally posted by grooves12
Actually,

From hat the announcers were saying... and the way it sounded when Chambers got up.... they were not booing the fact that he got up. They in fact cheered for him when he first got up and started to walk off the field. At that point, Kennedy attempted to come over and apologize (or say something to Chambers), but some of the Dolphins got in his face and pushed him away....

That's when the boos started.

Too little to late.

Taco, they weren't just booing the call. Several "fans" were motioning "goodbye" to Chambers as he was carted off, all while mouthing obscenities. Your fans are totally classless.

Originally posted by Taco John
I don't feel bad for you guys on the so-called "cheap" hit on Chambers. That hit wasn't anything compared to the helmet-to-helmet hits that Ray Lewis was putting on any of our guys two weeks ago. It was a good game, but hits like that are part of football.

Sorry but this hit is not an isolated incident. This Kennedy guy has a history of doing this kind foul play. He's already been fined for previous hits this season. The league coming down on him hard is a foregone conclusion but it may also be tuning a fine microscope on the entire Denver organization because it's well known around the league that the Denver's OL is dirty if not down right muddy. Do the Denver coaches encourage/coach this kind of play? That remains to be seen.

Originally posted by MiaMarino

Sorry but this hit is not an isolated incident. This Kennedy guy has a history of doing this kind foul play. He's already been fined for previous hits this season. The league coming down on him hard is a foregone conclusion but it may also be tuning a fine microscope on the entire Denver organization because it's well known around the league that the Denver's OL is dirty if not down right muddy. Do the Denver coaches encourage/coach this kind of play? That remains to be seen.

That's a very good question, I've been thinking about that too. Ray Rhodes has a name for a hit like that, he calls it a "woo hit". Too me, it was a dirty helmet to helmet hit. I love bonecrushing hits, I played football from sandlot through college as a cornerback turned strong safety in college. It was obvious that he was headhunting, when you have to launch yourself and hit someone helmet to helmet, it's obvious what his intentions are. The name "woo hit" goes to show that Ray Rhodes glamorizes this type of hit. Therefore puts more scrutiny on how they are coaching their players to play.

Originally posted by FinaticalOne

That's a very good question, I've been thinking about that too. Ray Rhodes has a name for a hit like that, he calls it a "woo hit". Too me, it was a dirty helmet to helmet hit. I love bonecrushing hits, I played football from sandlot through college as a cornerback turned strong safety in college. It was obvious that he was headhunting, when you have to launch yourself and hit someone helmet to helmet, it's obvious what his intentions are. The name "woo hit" goes to show that Ray Rhodes glamorizes this type of hit. Therefore puts more scrutiny on how they are coaching their players to play.

Obviously, the fine is not impeding his style of play. I say he gets suspended. Once he starts missing game checks, he should shape up.

I don't think I've ever seen a more obvious attempt to injure someone.....launching himself like a missile with his head down, he even tucked his arms in close to his body so that they would be safe and out of the way......He was most definately not trying to make a tackle he was TRYING to hurt someone.... a person, with a wife and kids. Say what you want about it being a violent game but, remember that's all it is....a game.

Hey, what a great game Suday night. It was a fun week going back and forth with you all... We'll see you in the playoffs... (if you make it ;) )

You can't classify all Denver fans as "classless". Every crowd has a few azzholes in there. And that's what you saw.

They cheered wildly when Chambers got up. They booed the call and the fact that McMichael and Co wanted to mix it up with Kennedy and Co.

Doesn't matter anyway. They were DEAD SILENT when Olindo put that dagger in their hearts. I'll remember that pretty blonde standing there in disbelief the rest of the season.

Originally posted by Muck
You can't classify all Denver fans as "classless". Every crowd has a few azzholes in there. And that's what you saw.

They cheered wildly when Chambers got up. They booed the call and the fact that McMichael and Co wanted to mix it up with Kennedy and Co.

Doesn't matter anyway. They were DEAD SILENT when Olindo put that dagger in their hearts. I'll remember that pretty blonde standing there in disbelief the rest of the season.

Yeah, I know that feeling, I had the same feeling when they showed the lil Nebraska Bugeater crying when the Buffaloes were destroying the cornhuskers last year...

The thing about the other Dolphins pushing Kennedy away is that since he has a reputation as a dirty player, they may not have wanted to risk him trying to get more cheap shots in.

Back
Top Bottom