Gotta be honest..... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gotta be honest.....

he was rolling on the ground w/ the ball at 2:01 and magically it stopped at 2:01.

You keep saying that. I can repeat myself too. :chuckle: The difference is, I can back up what I am saying.

clear.gif

That ^ is not magic. It is having possession and being down by contact and the clock stopping like it is supposed to. He was not rolling around, but even if he was, you don't need to be completely still to be ruled down.

except tha you can't b/c our guy JUST jumped on the ball and was still rolling w/ it, a still shot doesn't show that. The clock should have run to at least 2:00 if not 1:59 or 1:58 the way the clocks always run.

except tha you can't b/c our guy JUST jumped on the ball and was still rolling w/ it, a still shot doesn't show that. The clock should have run to at least 2:00 if not 1:59 or 1:58 the way the clocks always run.

I can, and I have. The still shot shows possession, and being down by contact with the clock reading 2:01. According to the rules, that is when the clock should stop. I can post the rule, and have already shown that he clearly has possession at the 2:01 mark. It can also easily be seen on the video. What more do you need?

You are the one that can not back up what you are saying. All you can do is bring up some examples when the clock ran an extra second or 2 after the play was dead. So what? Bad calls happen all the time. We don't use those as examples to make up new rules. If the Jets were down by a touchdown with 7 seconds to go and completed a pass, went out of bounds at the 1 with the play being signaled dead with 2 seconds left, would you be arguing that those 2 seconds SHOULD tick off? I think not.

Back
Top Bottom