Gotta be honest..... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gotta be honest.....

we hopped on it at 2:01(or just as it turned 2:01), there's no way the clock should stop at 2:01. It's not possible, watch any game and watch how the clock continues to tick after players go down or OOB. It doesn't happen except that day.

He already had the ball and was in the process of rolling over at the end of 2:02. Look at the clock:

http://imageshack.us/a/img685/3800/kickoff4.jpg

That leaves more than a second to determine possession and stop the clock. He clearly has possession a half second later here:

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/4840/timetv.jpg

You already denied that the picture above was when the clock should read 2:01, so I included the tenths so you could see that it was indeed within the 2:01 time frame. There is still 4-tenths left to stop the clock which is plenty for any kind of reaction time.

You keep saying there is no way the clock should stop, but you are ignoring the rules and the facts. The clock is supposed to stop when the player has possession and is down by contact. He was clearly down by contact and the clock should stop at 2:00.5 (2:01 on the NFL clock) I am certain that is when the ref was signaling the play dead and I am sure the NFL saw that when they looked into the play. We can even see the ref doing so on the T.V within 2-tenths of the clock reading 2:01. Just because you have seen an extra second or two run off the clock when it should not, does not mean that your team got screwed when the clock stops when it is supposed to.

Interesting that at the end of the 1st half we returned a kick, our returner was tackled at 2:01 w/ the whistle blowing and the clock ticked off to 1:59. Amazing how it always works that way except that day in NE.

:lol: This has turned into the only thread a Jests fan will step in. Its a place where they can whine about ONE game. :lol: They still argue over this as if it wouldve mattered. :rotfl1:

The Jests blow. :lol:

:lol: This has turned into the only thread a Jests fan will step in. Its a place where they can whine about ONE game. :lol: They still argue over this as if it wouldve mattered. :rotfl1:

I've said over and over we should have won despite getting screwed so I don't use it as an excuse, I'd be more active today but I am giving you guys a day to vent over the humiliation against one of the leagues worst teams at home yesterday. We sucked too but at least we lost to a good team on the road.

You can eliminate the variable of the clock operator by starting the timer at 2:05. We know there is a full 2:05.00 on the clock since we can see it go from 2:06 to 2:05 right in front of our eyes. Correct? From 2:05.00, 4.9 seconds can pass, and the clock will still read 2:01. Agreed?

I included a timer with tenths that starts at 2:05 on the video. The timer actually starts 1-tenth too soon, but it doesn't really make a difference to my argument of 4-tenths versus your argument of 2 to 3 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=245ub9bK7t0

As you can see in the video, he clearly has possession at 4.6 seconds.

clear.gif

That ^ still leaves 3-tenths (actually 4-tenths since I started the timer 1-tenth too soon) for the clock to be stopped at 2:01. The official is most likely waving his arms at this point. You can see the official when he first comes in to view waving his arms at 5.2 here:

clear.gif

Since I started the clock 1-tenth too soon, it should really read 5.1 which means he is giving the signal within 2-tenths of the clock reading 2:01. On my PC, the audio of the whistle lines up perfectly with the clock stopping at 5.4, but for some reason the sound is slightly delayed after uploading it to youtube. In the youtube video, it looks like the clock stops a split second before you hear the whistle blow, but it does not on my PC. Regardless, I started the clock 1-tenth too soon and even with the sound delay, it is no more than a 1-tenth difference, so we are still in the 4-tenths range (Far from the 2 to 3 second range) of the clock reading 2:01 at the time of the whistle.

However, there is no need to go to the whistle since we clearly see possession before that, and the official giving the signal before the whistle is blown.

So you agree the clock should have been stopped at 2:00? Thank you. That should end the debate.

Interesting how a 3-6 team just whooped ur behind and u still wanna argue if the Jets game mattered or not. Dolphins blow too. They are playing better than they were supposed to, but they still blow. And while we are at it, the Bills also blow. This division has been a train wreck besides the Pats.

Interesting that at the end of the 1st half we returned a kick, our returner was tackled at 2:01 w/ the whistle blowing and the clock ticked off to 1:59. Amazing how it always works that way except that day in NE.

He got tackled at 2:00, and it went down to 1:59 after the whistle. The clock should not have gone to 1:59. I don't care if the clock operators let an extra second tick off (in a meaningless situation) when it technically should not. That does not mean that we should whine when they actually stop the clock when it should be stopped. That would be like me showing you an example of PI that was not called, and then whining about it when a Dolphins player comits PI and it is called.

I already proved he had posession and was down by contact when the clock should still read 2:01. You even have video proof of the official signaling the play dead within 2-tenhs of the clock reading 2:01. It was the right call. Let it go man!

So you agree the clock should have been stopped at 2:00? Thank you. That should end the debate.

Don't worry JETSJETSJETS, I'll teach you to read one day. :lol:

He got tackled at 2:00, and it went down to 1:59 after the whistle. The clock should not have gone to 1:59. I don't care if the clock operators let an extra second tick off (in a meaningless situation) when it technically should not. That does not mean that we should whine when they actually stop the clock when it should be stopped. That would be like me showing you an example of PI that was not called, and then whining about it when a Dolphins player comits PI and it is called.

I already proved he had posession and was down by contact when the clock should still read 2:01. You even have video proof of the official signaling the play dead within 2-tenhs of the clock reading 2:01. It was the right call. Let it go man!

Don't worry JETSJETSJETS, I'll teach you to read one day. :lol:

he was down at 2:10, clock kept going until 1:59 just like it should have against NE.

he was down at 2:10, clock kept going until 1:59 just like it should have against NE.

Show me the rule that says that the clock should continue to run an extra second or two after the play is dead. I am not denying that it happens sometimes, (like it did in the Jets last game) but don't whine that your team got screwed when they stop it when it should be stopped. I can show you the rules that state that the clock should have stopped. You are going to have a hard time showing me a rule that says an extra second or 2 should run off the clock after the official signals the play dead. You and JETSJETSJETS claim that the clock stopped 2 to 3 seconds before it should, have been proven wrong. It is time to move on. :up:

Show me the rule that says that the clock should continue to run an extra second or two after the play is dead. I am not denying that it happens sometimes, (like it did in the Jets last game) but don't whine that your team got screwed when they stop it when it should be stopped. I can show you the rules that state that the clock should have stopped. You are going to have a hard time showing me a rule that says an extra second or 2 should run off the clock after the official signals the play dead. You and JETSJETSJETS claim that the clock stopped 2 to 3 seconds before it should, have been proven wrong. It is time to move on. :up:

it does all the time, it shouldn't but when a guy rolls on a ball at 2:01 there's no way it can stop at 2:01. the absolutely worst case it stops at 2:00 and should have gone undre 2 mins.

lol, the whole argument was about clock stopping early and not run till two min warning. u proved urself wrong. thank you very much.

it does all the time, it shouldn't but when a guy rolls on a ball at 2:01 there's no way it can stop at 2:01. the absolutely worst case it stops at 2:00 and should have gone undre 2 mins.

It shouldn't is right. No one cares when it happens in a situation like the Seattle game. That does not mean that it should continue to run when it should not when the difference is a time out. I have clearly shown you that he jumped on it towards the end of 2:02, and that there is a full second to determine possession and stop the clock. That is more than enough time. In fact, we have video evidence of the official signaling the play dead within 2-tenths of the clock reading 2:01. I would be willing to bet that NFL films has another angle that shows the official signaling the play dead 4-tenths before the clock should turn to 2:00. You have seen the pic where the Jets players clearly has possession and is down by contact with more than 4-tenths to go.

lol, the whole argument was about clock stopping early and not run till two min warning. u proved urself wrong. thank you very much.

:chuckle: That was your argument, which was proven wrong. You are welcome. :up:

the bottom line is this, our guy jumped on the ball as 2:02 was turning to 2:01, he rolled around on the ground and magically the clock stopped at 2:01.

the bottom line is this, our guy jumped on the ball as 2:02 was turning to 2:01, he rolled around on the ground and magically the clock stopped at 2:01.

That leaves a full second before the clock ticks to 2:00. He had possession and was down by contact within that second. There is nothing magical about it. It is just the clock operator doing his job.

If the clock actually stopped before he had possession and was down by contact (like you guys were claiming), then I would agree. That is not what happened.

he was rolling on the ground w/ the ball at 2:01 and magically it stopped at 2:01.

Back
Top Bottom