Gotta be honest..... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gotta be honest.....

you know what's funny is the Giants are whining about a second that didn't go off the clock yet Witten caught a pass wnet OOb at 7 secs and the clock continued to 6 unlike our play where we recovered the fumble at 2:01 and the clock froze.

The clock needed lubrication and thats why it froze. The grounds keepers have since applied some oil to
old big ben and shes running fine now. Problem solved!

The whining Giants players and fans are wrong. There should have been 1 second left on the clock in the Giants game. I guess whining Giants fans are the same as whining Jets fans. Wrong! :chuckle: You would know the clock didn't freeze at 2:01 if you watched the following play. The clock immediately changed to 2:00 meaning that 9-tenths ran off of 2:01.

On a side note; good to see you on the board. Hope you made it through Sandy without any major damage.

I've seen the play a million times and I have never seen a clock stop faster than on that play. Again, in the Giant game Witten went OOB at 7 secs clearly but the clock went to 6 secs after he was out, we jump on the ball at 2:01 roll over and the clock stops at 2:01.

I've seen the play a million times and I have never seen a clock stop faster than on that play. Again, in the Giant game Witten went OOB at 7 secs clearly but the clock went to 6 secs after he was out, we jump on the ball at 2:01 roll over and the clock stops at 2:01.

The clock should not have gone to 0:06 since Witten was out of bounds after the catch at 0:07. The Giant fans that are whining that too much time passed are wrong. Just because an extra second ran off (that should not have) in the Giants game, does not mean that an extra second should run off (that should not) in the Jets game. The Jets jump on the ball at the end of 2:02, and the clock stopped at the very end of 2:01. (2:01.1) A full second passed after the Jets touched the ball when the clock was actually stopped.

The clock should not have gone to 0:06 since Witten was out of bounds after the catch at 0:07. The Giant fans that are whining that too much time passed are wrong. Just because an extra second ran off (that should not have) in the Giants game, does not mean that an extra second should run off (that should not) in the Jets game. The Jets jump on the ball at the end of 2:02, and the clock stopped at the very end of 2:01. (2:01.1) A full second passed after the Jets touched the ball when the clock was actually stopped.

an extra second always runs off, sometimes more than 1. It's the lag btw the whistle blowing and the human pressing the stop button. The jets jumped on the ball at 2:01 and rolled over and miraculously it stopped the moment we touched the ball. The fastest clock stoppage in NFL history.

an extra second always runs off, sometimes more than 1. It's the lag btw the whistle blowing and the human pressing the stop button. The jets jumped on the ball at 2:01 and rolled over and miraculously it stopped the moment we touched the ball. The fastest clock stoppage in NFL history.

Clearly you've reviewed every clock stoppage in NFL history....

show me an example of a quicker clock stoppage? heck when NE won their first SB I think 4 seconds ran off the clock after the FG went through.

?? You're the one who made the ridiculous claim. Review every clock stoppage in the history of the NFL and get back to me.

?? You're the one who made the ridiculous claim. Review every clock stoppage in the history of the NFL and get back to me.

find me one where the clock stops the second a player touches a ball to recover a fumble. You know the clock stopped too quickly but again your hatred of my team clouds your judgement. It's sad adults act like this.

find me one where the clock stops the second a player touches a ball to recover a fumble. You know the clock stopped too quickly but again your hatred of my team clouds your judgement. It's sad adults act like this.

Sorry, but I don't agree. Did the Jets file a complaint? Sure seems like they would if it were a historic event like you claim......

Sorry, but I don't agree. Did the Jets file a complaint? Sure seems like they would if it were a historic event like you claim......

what would a complaint do? it was obvious to anyone watching they got screwed by the clock. AGAIN, they still should have won. NE took advantage like good teams do but that extra second was huge as it meant playing w/ 1 TO vs. zero TOs on that game tying drive.

what would a complaint do? it was obvious to anyone watching they got screwed by the clock. AGAIN, they still should have won. NE took advantage like good teams do but that extra second was huge as it meant playing w/ 1 TO vs. zero TOs on that game tying drive.

It may have looked that way since you can't see the tenths that continued to run off, but we know the clock continued to run by watching the next play.
It changed to 2:00 within 1-tenth of a second on the next play which means that 9-tenths ran off of 2:01. The Jets player first touched the ball at the end of 2:02:

http://imageshack.us/a/img685/3800/kickoff4.jpg

That leaves a full second to determine possession and stop the clock. Do extra seconds run off the clock sometimes when they should not? Probably, but that doesn't mean they should and that we should expect them to all of the time. You see PI that does not get called all the time, but that doesn't mean you get screwed when you do commit PI and it does get called.

the clock stopped immeditely as we touched the ball, our guy pounced on it and rooled over. There's no way half a second could run off in that time.

the clock stopped immeditely as we touched the ball, our guy pounced on it and rooled over. There's no way half a second could run off in that time.

Are you not reading what I am posting? I just showed you a picture where the Jets player jumps on the ball at the end of 2:02. You claim the clock stopped as soon as it hits 2:01, but you can't know this without looking at the next play since you can't see the tenths that are running off. Please watch the next play and you will see that the clock goes to 2:00 in a tenth of a second. If the clock stopped as soon as it hits 2:01, it would have taken a full second before the clock changed to 2:00 on the next play and not the 1-tenth that it did.

Are you not reading what I am posting? I just showed you a picture where the Jets player jumps on the ball at the end of 2:02. You claim the clock stopped as soon as it hits 2:01, but you can't know this without looking at the next play since you can't see the tenths that are running off. Please watch the next play and you will see that the clock goes to 2:00 in a tenth of a second. If the clock stopped as soon as it hits 2:01, it would have taken a full second before the clock changed to 2:00 on the next play and not the 1-tenth that it did.

Don't bother. Reality and logic are Junc's mortal enemies....

he didn't have possession at 2:02, he wa on top of it. he was rolling around w/ it at 2:01, what game have you ever seen a fumble recovery where a player is rollomg w/ the ball stopped the second he touches it? it doesn't happen, the Jets got screwed by the clock. It's ok to admit it.

Back
Top Bottom