Votes: 38 15.6%
  • D

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • F

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Grier still sucks

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
I voted B with a lean towards B+. We alleviated some of the major concerns we had going into the season with players returning from injury and/or players who are oft-injured (and expensive).

Not rushing Jaelen Phillips back is huge.

We added skill position depth with major athleticism and major production.

Pass blocking and pass rushing got a boost.

Considering how the first wave of FA went and the resources we have for the next wave of FA, we’re sitting pretty. Most teams would kill for their biggest need at this point would be to upgrade from Liam Eichenberg.

A. All day. We have a group of young talent who have a chip on their shoulder and seem dedicated to making the 31 teams regret not drafting them.

Chop- may be the solution to our Josh Allen Problem

Paul- Will be a franchise left tackle

Wright- will be what Mostert was last season.

Kamara- seems angry. I love it

Washington- only Nabers was rated higher. He has first down written all over him.

McMorris- if the scouts were high on him then let’s find out what kind of scouts we have.

Washington- highly underrated pick IMO. This kid moves so well with the ball in his hands. Both Washington’s just know how to get open. And they both have great hands. The most important traits of a WR.

I go C+/B- simply because we haven't seen them on an NFL field yet, and don't know how well all of them will transition. I liked all the picks, but can't go A without seeing them play on Sindays.

Hard to put a grade on it, but clearly this was a draft more about 2025 and beyond than 2024. And that's not a criticism as Grier positioned the team to do that with free agency signings.

Chop Robinson looks like Cam Wake on tape. Just explodes like he was shot out of a cannon. I kind of dismissed him because of lack of ideal size, but players who can disrupt the passing game are always valuable.

The word fighter and physical is used to describe Paul. Sounds like he needs technique work, which is what coaching is about. Plus, he said he wanted to be a Miami Dolphin when he met McDaniel and Barry. Got to love that. Hopefully, he can improve as a run blocker or maybe this scheme fits him in that regard.

The Wright pick surprised me, as I wasn't thinking running back. But he's so explosive. I love Mostert, but he is the age when running backs start to be less effective.

Washington, from Virginia, could be a steal. Tough, catches everything and breaks tackles. I still think OBJ is in play, but Washington has a shot.

My disappointment was not getting help at guard, which might be the team's biggest weakness. Not sure what the plan is there at the moment.

I graded it a B. I would have done a few things differently.

At 21 I think the DB Quinyon Mitchell was the BPA and even though DB is not a glaring need, adding him might have given us the best secondary in the NFL pairing him with Ramsey and Fuller in the slot where he is best suited. I feel like he is a more sure thing than Chop Robinson.

At 55 I would have addressed the edge with Marshawn Kneeland. I fear Paul has bust potential and he probably wont help us at all in 2024.

At 198 I would have addressed the OL with Beaux Limmer. I know Mahogany went a few picks higher but I think he sustained a major injury in college. Limmer can play both C and OG. Louis Riddick said he wouldn't be surprised if he ends up starting immediately. I have worries about Brewer.

I really like the RB Wright, he should be our long term starter and gives us immediate depth.

Kamara could be a steal and it makes sense doubling up at that position.

I like both Washington slot WR's a lot. Thats a position that needed to be upgraded.

I would say B. They didn't get the positions I expected, but they know their plan, I don't. I think they REALLY like and wanted the players they were able to get, and they were eyeing the future, which I enjoy seeing. Only reason I don't give an A, personally, is because they didn't work something in the 3rd round. Favorite pick was probably Malik Washington...besides maybe Chop, I think he'll have the biggest impact this year and going forward...all debatable, of course, just my reasoning for the grade.

I gave it a B grade, mainly due to day 3 results. Although I'm concerned about the lack of height with both WR's. The emphasis on blocking by McDaniel, from the WR position, also has me a bit worried.

I knew there was a distinct possibility Patrick Paul was a serious target. The dots kept connecting to him. He's certainly talented, but needs refinement. I think most of the negative talk about him will be forgotten once he's fully developed.

Getting two potential starters in Robinson and Kamara is a homerun. Both come with enormous skills, but are also in need of some refinement. Love the aggressiveness of both players.

Wright is an absolute steal. No other way to put it. Love his ability to pass block. Love his speed and vision. The kid will be a huge difference maker.

Great job by Grier.

Last edited:
I went A. I think Chop Robinson will be a Pro Bowler and any draft where you land a Pro Bowl edge is basically already an A. I also think Kamara will be a solid contributor for many years.

Wright I think will be a great 1B type RB.

Paul is a lottery ticket. Maybe he becomes a starter, maybe he doesn’t.

Malik Washington has a much better chance than most 6th rounders to stick and make an impact.

A grade.
If Paul doesn’t become a starter, then this can’t be an A draft. Blowing a second round pick on a backup tackle is basically unacceptable (see Liam Eichenberg).

Personally, I think Paul will become a good starting left tackle. I hope you’re right about Chop Robinson. I have some doubts. I’m going to be closely watching Mitchell and Brian Thomas Jr., because those are the guys I would have preferred - if we didn’t move up for Fautanu. Knowing Fautanu was close and that the Steelers were 99.9% taking him, I would have considered moving up. It would have changed the rest of our draft, though, from a remaining-asset perspective.

Overall, yesterday seemed to be handled very well. We got guys like Wright, Malik Washington, and Kamara, who I think will contribute in 2024. That would make for a strong Day 3.

I graded it a B. I would have done a few things differently.

At 21 I think the DB Quinyon Mitchell was the BPA and even though DB is not a glaring need, adding him might have given us the best secondary in the NFL pairing him with Ramsey and Fuller in the slot where he is best suited. I feel like he is a more sure thing than Chop Robinson.

At 55 I would have addressed the edge with Marshawn Kneeland. I fear Paul has bust potential and he probably wont help us at all in 2024.

At 198 I would have addressed the OL with Beaux Limmer. I know Mahogany went a few picks higher but I think he sustained a major injury in college. Limmer can play both C and OG. Louis Riddick said he wouldn't be surprised if he ends up starting immediately. I have worries about Brewer.

I really like the RB Wright, he should be our long term starter and gives us immediate depth.

Kamara could be a steal and it makes sense doubling up at that position.

I like both Washington slot WR's a lot. Thats a position that needed to be upgraded.
Quinyon Mitchell played at Toledo, and CB is one of the biggest bust positions when you project them into the NFL so it’s not like he’s a slam dunk to succeed. I think he will, but no one is a sure thing.

Solid B, close to an A.

If we have a FA guard lined up post June, definitely an A.

I really love the Wright pick - seemingly perfect addition to this offense. In case anyone needs to recall, our RB room was riddled with injuries as well. Can probably thank Ahmed for his service.

As for people thinking Patrick Paul is a project - everyone is a project, even those that have made the Pro Bowl. There is always something to learn, to work on, to get better at.

One EDGE..... mmmmmmmm. TWO EDGE! Even better!

Checks sig... yep.

Back
Top Bottom