Votes: 102 62.6%
  • C

Votes: 25 15.3%
  • D

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
C for concerned lost our young building block prior draft picks especially on defense for a bunch of no names. Offense we did better but with a new DC pretty inexperienced that's concerning and the offense proved the last half of last season they couldn't carry the team. Hope the coaches can pull this season off because it's more on them and less on talent.
No names?

It really depends on the lense you view it through imo.

It really feels like some folks are mad at Grier for "Letting guys walk" but honestly I dont view it that way. I don't overpay, no matter what, no matter what other teams will do. Its wild how desperate teams will make absolutely desperate offers.

Look at what Cleveland just did with Jerry J. Holy crap is that an overpay - does that mean every other mediocre former first rounder deserves that? Nope. That's one stupid team that let him go for that much. I doubt the market follows that silly contract. Similar to guys like Zeke getting so much, etc. Teams recognize thats not how you win.

Grier follows that rule. We arent paying 20m a year for a guard. We aren't paying 27.5 million for a DT that doesn't outperform a DT currently seeing 11 million a year on the very same line at the very same age. You don't spend your money that way.

The quarterback is the ultimate wildcard here. Tua has to be that guy. We have no choice but to pay him. The amount is what it is. I can't stand it and I'll be sick if its above 50 million a year, but QB is the one thing that makes or breaks your superbowl chances in the current league... and everything else is in support of that. Including cutting costs where you can. Grier is doing a heck of a job.

A-. Minus solely because I'd have signed a different OL than he has but thats neither here nor there.

C for concerned lost our young building block prior draft picks especially on defense for a bunch of no names. Offense we did better but with a new DC pretty inexperienced that's concerning and the offense proved the last half of last season they couldn't carry the team. Hope the coaches can pull this season off because it's more on them and less on talent.

I don't entirely disagree, but there is a point where you "get out of balance" and lose control.
That's what I saw from the high number on injuries last year.

This year looks like it will be different than last year due to our current potential depth; and we haven't even hit the draft yet. - LOL

They have filled some holes, as expected, and the signings have been ok. Not earth shattering, but OK

What is "earth shattering" is that the FO has done so much hiring of so many reasonable players at some relatively low salaries with so little cap space available.

The FO has also demonstrated good discipline in who we kept and who we let leave us in Free Agency.

Now let's talk about the remarkable job the FO has done in increasing our number of draft selections.

Oh, you want to ignore all that because you didn't get some specific player you had your "blind" eye on.

Take a chill pill, and try not to choke on it. - LOL

What is "earth shattering" is that the FO has done so much hiring of so many reasonable players at some relatively low salaries with so little cap space available.

The FO has also demonstrated good discipline in who we kept and who we let leave us in Free Agency.

Now let's talk about the remarkable job the FO has done in increasing our number of draft selections.

Oh, you want to ignore all that because you didn't get some specific player you had your "blind" eye on.

Well yes, you are correct. I probably worded it poorly. They havent overpaid at all for players. And a 'blind eye', the only real thing I wanted for the off season was to keep Wilkins. I kinda thought that he would go elsewhere, and he did. Thats my only 'blind eye...'

We get so caught up in that its silly. I did the same thing initially because I had my eye on a few folks at the end of the regular season, and then they sign a buncha guys Im unfamiliar with. After looking into it, the signings make complete sense to me and I understand why Grier did em. Brewer, Fuller and Brooks are really under the radar signings that wont have high ratings in Madden but it sure seems on Sunday they do their jobs fairly well.

We get so caught up in that its silly. I did the same thing initially because I had my eye on a few folks at the end of the regular season, and then they sign a buncha guys Im unfamiliar with. After looking into it, the signings make complete sense to me and I understand why Grier did em. Brewer, Fuller and Brooks are really under the radar signings that wont have high ratings in Madden but it sure seems on Sunday they do their jobs fairly well.
yes like this:

Underpriced 2024 NFL free agents

CB Kendall Fuller, Miami Dolphins

Contract: Two years, $16.5 million ($8.25 million per year),

PFF projected contract: Three years, $40 million ($13.33 million per year), $25 million total guaranteed

Fuller's 83.1 overall grade ranked seventh among cornerbacks in 2023, while his 82.8 coverage grade ranked ninth. He’s solid against the run and missed just 5.1% of his tackle attempts last season, so to get him for a contract that doesn’t rank among the top 25 at the position in per-year average is really good value for the Dolphins.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-underpaid-overpaid-2024-nfl-free-agents

I don't entirely disagree, but there is a point where you "get out of balance" and lose control.
That's what I saw from the high number on injuries last year.

This year looks like it will be different than last year due to our current potential depth; and we haven't even hit the draft yet. - LOL
Taking that into consideration many veterans that we pick up have come with those injury concerns which concerns me also. Finding those cheap college rookies is key to future of any NFL club.

Well yes, you are correct. I probably worded it poorly. They havent overpaid at all for players. And a 'blind eye', the only real thing I wanted for the off season was to keep Wilkins. I kinda thought that he would go elsewhere, and he did. Thats my only 'blind eye...'
Don't worry about it.
Every Fan has a "blind eye" once in a while.
Or so I've been told. - LOL

yes like this:

Underpriced 2024 NFL free agents

CB Kendall Fuller, Miami Dolphins

Contract: Two years, $16.5 million ($8.25 million per year),

PFF projected contract: Three years, $40 million ($13.33 million per year), $25 million total guaranteed

Fuller's 83.1 overall grade ranked seventh among cornerbacks in 2023, while his 82.8 coverage grade ranked ninth. He’s solid against the run and missed just 5.1% of his tackle attempts last season, so to get him for a contract that doesn’t rank among the top 25 at the position in per-year average is really good value for the Dolphins.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-underpaid-overpaid-2024-nfl-free-agents
I think we are going to look back at this signing, and the Jordyn Brooks signing, as insane steals for their play on the field. They show up and do their jobs on Sunday without much praise.

I dont know anything about Brewer the center we signed but people with more knowledge than my own sure seem to love it... so Im excited for that as well.

Loved Fuller, Walker Jr., Barrett and Brewer. Hate that we are ignoring the OL. Again! Wynn is injury prone, Armstead is good but he plays half the season. The rest are not even average linemen. Even Austin Jackson is average at best. Our three best lineman were Williams by far then Armstead (injury prone) then Hunt. Jackson was maybe close to average. We lost two good ones and replaced them with less talented players.

Loved Fuller, Walker Jr., Barrett and Brewer. Hate that we are ignoring the OL. Again! Wynn is injury prone, Armstead is good but he plays half the season. The rest are not even average linemen. Even Austin Jackson is average at best. Our three best lineman were Williams by far then Armstead (injury prone) then Hunt. Jackson was maybe close to average. We lost two good ones and replaced them with less talented players.
Agree that OL should be our draft focus and look for other FA/cut signings. But I do think Brewer will pleasantly surprise us in McDs scheme.

Back
Top Bottom