Grading Every 1st-Round Rookie in the NFL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grading Every 1st-Round Rookie in the NFL

I give an F to anyone giving draft grades on the 2020 class
?? Why is that?? He is not predicting who is heading to the hall of fame, just making observations on who is fitting in best with their team and making the transition to the NFL. I personally find it a great resource, and love going back 5/10 years and seeing what people said about the first year guys a decade ago. It may say as much about coaching and player development as it does the players themselves.

Should we also do away with the Rookie of the Year award??

?? Why is that?? He is not predicting who is heading to the hall of fame, just making observations on who is fitting in best with their team and making the transition to the NFL. I personally find it a great resource, and love going back 5/10 years and seeing what people said about the first year guys a decade ago. It may say as much about coaching and player development as it does the players themselves.

Grading guys this early, this season is a farce. I don’t see the point in giving a grade now and then in most cases revising it once enough film is available to make an accurate decision.

It’s not an accurate way to assess rookies, given the lack of OTAs.

Any source that grades Thomas higher than Jackson is trash.

Thomas was the first tackle taken. Picked before Tua and Herbert. And he's playing worse than the 18th pick.
His college teammate, fellow lineman, 4th round pick playing better than him.
Kindley > Thomas
(at least up to this point)

Also, was furious when Cowboys you Ceedee Lamb with pick 17. In retrospect, I'm thrilled we got Jackson. Watching Lamb again today and underwhelmed. He's not bad but awfully skinny, not great hands (decent hands), and doesn't floor me with athleticism. I'll take a potential great lineman, cracker left tackle over a skill player other than QB almost every time.

Also, was furious when Cowboys you Ceedee Lamb with pick 17. In retrospect, I'm thrilled we got Jackson. Watching Lamb again today and underwhelmed. He's not bad but awfully skinny, not great hands (decent hands), and doesn't floor me with athleticism. I'll take a potential great lineman, cracker left tackle over a skill player other than QB almost every time.
Eh... very happy with Jackson but Lamb has looked good. And that's considering he is a ROOKIE on a absolute trash Cowboys team. Lamb will most likely be a good one.

Judging draft picks on their rookie season is generally a dumb thing to do.

Judging them on PART of their rookie season is dumber still.

In this particular season it rises to dumber than dumb.

So, stupid then.
Relax. t’s just a gauge to see how the 1st round rookies are doing during 4 weeks. Great for fans who only watch one team and don’t know how other teams’ rookies are doing so far.

I was surprised about Isaiah Simmons’ report. I was intrigued by him as a prospect possibly for Miami. He was being compared to Kam Chancellor. But so far seems he’s been underwhelmed.

I don’t see why giving grades to rookies at this point is frowned upon?

Isn’t that basically what a lot of us on this fan site are already doing? We exchange opinions on how different rookies like Jackson, Hunt, etc are doing, which are de facto interim assessments or grades. I imagine it’s the same on other teams fan sites.

This isn’t Madden and rookies are not stuck at their quarter season grades...

I don’t see why giving grades to rookies at this point is frowned upon?

Isn’t that basically what a lot of us on this fan site are already doing? We exchange opinions on how different rookies like Jackson, Hunt, etc are doing, which are de facto interim assessments or grades. I imagine it’s the same on other teams fan sites.

This isn’t Madden and rookies are not stuck at their quarter season grades...

Agree. Judging is personal opinion. BUT, as some seem compelled to do, fans should NOT issue FINAL judgement (e.g., bust, trash, annual All-Pro).

Tbf every rookie CB is struggling just now, with the exception of Jaylon Johnson at the Bears. Iggy is the youngest player in the NFL but he has the character and the physical attributes. He'll be ok if he can handle the criticism.

Yeah I'm all for giving grades but with how bad Andrew Thomas has been a B- is very generous. Dude has been a flat out disaster... which is fairly surprising to me honestly but its the truth

Back
Top Bottom