Grading The Rookie Class: | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grading The Rookie Class:

I agree....Jordan and Taylor have enough Physical gifts that can actually be worked with...

Thomas is a waste; bad bodied, poor footwork, couldn't even crack the lineup that was one of the worst in the NFL...horrible pick.

I'm going to add Brenner, even though he wasn't drafted he was a rookie and did contribute. At least I can see him as a solid back up who can contribute when needed.

brenner must get stronger and more lead in the pencil without sacrificing any footwork and movement skills...too many times this year i saw him get to the second level on a lb and make it a pillow fight

Dion Jordan - D - 3rd pick, enough said - to be fair i blame coaches for not letting him go out & ball.
Jamar Taylor - F
Dallas Thomas - F
Will Davis - F
Jelani Jenkins - D - LB's were terrible there year, should of seen the field more
Dion Sims - C
Mike Gillislee - F
Caleb Sturgis - D - awful kicker, hopefully replaced next year
Don Jones - C

What a list. This my friends is what happens when you have a bunch of draft picks, and let an incompetent idiot, do the picking.

Lets hope some of these guys end up being useful.

What grade would you give each (active) rook from the 2013 class?

• Dion Jordan
  • James Taylor
  • Dallas Thomas
  • Will Davis
  • Jelani Jenkins
  • Dion Sims
  • Mike Gillislee
  • Caleb Sturgis
  • Don Jones

How about this.

Round 1 we should have picked Lane Johnson OT (started all 16 games and was very SOLID, OT was a position of NEED and almost 50% of this forum knew it!)
Round 2 we should have picked Eddie Lacy RB (After letting Reggie Bush go, we should have drafted this SPECIAL player as our POWER back instead we are left with Thomas and Gillislee?)
Round 3 we should have picked Corey Lemonier LB (This is where we could have got our LB/DE to be groomed for the future, instead we have a non existent player in Dallas Thomas)
Rest of the picks are OK, because there was no clear outstanding player left on the board and we already had landed our top 3 needs on OT, RB and LB/DE.

N/A would be applicable to most of our draft picks since none of them saw the field.

F's right down the line....OK...I'll give a D- to Jordan...

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

N/A would be applicable to most of our draft picks since none of them saw the field.

That isn't true, several of them played in multiple games. The just weren't starters...

I still don't understand why Dion Jordan isn't playing OLB with his coverage skills and pass rush ability. Is wheeler really better? If so, horrible pick.

Horrible against the run

When he is over a tackle yes.. In space no..
The kid barely got any play at all. Got his hands on two qb's arms causing picks. I remember seeing him unblocked on a running play the other direction and he ran down the rb from behind. The kid can play

Dion Jordan - D
Jamar Taylor - F
Dallas Thomas - F
Will Davis - F
Jelani Jenkins - C
Dion Sims - C
Mike Gillislee - F
Caleb Sturgis - D
Don Jones - C

This is how I would grade them, too. Damn, looking at it sure is depressing. Well...as they say, there is always next year and most of these guys have no where to go, but up.

Dion Jordan: B- (Not his fault he didn't play more. Effective when he did. If we hadn't been such a horrorshow at stopping the run, he might have.)
Jamar Taylor: D- (Reasonable pick who contributed nothing, there is some sunlight)
Dallas Thomas: F (Poor pick who played poorly in preseason and couldn't get a snap in a clown car of an o-line)
Will Davis: F (Awful pick - we traded up for chrissakes - who showed nothing)
Jelani Jenkins: D+ (No instincts, didn't help our LB woes much, but did contribute and has some upside)
Dion Sims: D- (Big lumbering buffoon, another soft looking Ireland pick, at least he contributed in the redzone)
Mike Gillislee: D- (Journeyman written all over him from day 1, offers nothing we don't already have, but might someday make a serviceable backup)
Caleb Sturgis: C (He started, but he didn't prove that cutting Carpenter was wise or that he deserved to be a 5th rounder. He might though in time)
Don Jones: B- (Someone who actually exceeded expectations, by being good at special teams.... woohoo!)

Dion Jordan: B- (Not his fault he didn't play more. Effective when he did. If we hadn't been such a horrorshow at stopping the run, he might have.)
Jamar Taylor: D- (Reasonable pick who contributed nothing, there is some sunlight)
Dallas Thomas: F (Poor pick who played poorly in preseason and couldn't get a snap in a clown car of an o-line)
Will Davis: F (Awful pick - we traded up for chrissakes - who showed nothing)
Jelani Jenkins: D+ (No instincts, didn't help our LB woes much, but did contribute and has some upside)
Dion Sims: D- (Big lumbering buffoon, another soft looking Ireland pick, at least he contributed in the redzone)
Mike Gillislee: D- (Journeyman written all over him from day 1, offers nothing we don't already have, but might someday make a serviceable backup)
Caleb Sturgis: C (He started, but he didn't prove that cutting Carpenter was wise or that he deserved to be a 5th rounder. He might though in time)
Don Jones: B- (Someone who actually exceeded expectations, by being good at special teams.... woohoo!)

Why is it not Jordan's fault he didn't play more , Im sure if he had played better against the run he would have played more. This is directly from the coaching staff . He played 25 percent of the snaps so not sure how people he was so efective

I always forget how everyone drafted must come in and be great from day one, luckily I have many here to remind me. Development is over rated, where's my instant coffee?

Back
Top Bottom