Great Article On Tanny | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great Article On Tanny

I have always said Ryan is good enough to win with. He can be an efficient PRO QB as long as he plays within a structure that supports his strengths and covers his weaknesses. Of course he's NEVER going to be a Marino -- some dude that can dominate the game on his own. But in a BALANCED system -- with a strong supporting D and consistent winning game plans -- he can get the job done IMO.

But Im sure the chosen one- Luck will get at least that.

Hopefully Ryan wont need it
What does Luck have to do with my post? I don't believe in that garbage "he needs 5 games to click" if the QB is 2 years in that offense (one year as a player and one year as an observer/coaching type), has 4 or 5 WRs who are 2 or more years with the team, added two veteran players who should have no problems to absorb the playbook. I don't care who the QB is.

We are the only group of people who wants to give an offense which is compromised of system established players a 4 or 5 game "training" period. No. Sorry. Not with a 6-year (5-year playing) veteran QB who has seen this offense as a player and as a "coach" for 2 years plus.

Ryan needs to drop a 95 plus qbr this year. Floors 90 ask is 95 want is 100 plus.

I don’t care about rust or defenses faced etc although we are gonna face some doozies. 16 games 95 plus qbr.

I think the o line will be fine unless we get decimated by injury.

A lot of people are licking their chops, hoping for Tannehill to fail. These people are going to see a better Tannehill than ever before. It may require 4 or 5 games before we're really clicking but RT and Gase are both in store for great years.

giphy.gif

Ryan needs to drop a 95 plus qbr this year. Floors 90 ask is 95 want is 100 plus.

I don’t care about rust or defenses faced etc. 16 games 95 plus qbr.

I think the o line will be fine unless we get decimated by injury.
QBR is a soft sell. I am sure he can get that 95QBR with pad stating short, safe passes. What about effectiveness?

A lot of people are licking their chops, hoping for Tannehill to fail. These people are going to see a better Tannehill than ever before. It may require 4 or 5 games before we're really clicking but RT and Gase are both in store for great years.
No doubt some fragile egos invested in Tannehill's failure owe a debt of gratitude to Calais Campbell's cheap shot!

CAMPBELL CALAIS REALIST LETTER OF THANKS.jpg

Qbr is not a soft sell and I will never take any stat over my own eye balls but in terms of effectiveness of the offense ask as in efficiency it’s a good barometer.

It’s up to the individual to separate what’s driving the success or failure of the team as a whole or particular individuals. It’s probably separate from scheme ask the hardest thing in my experience for people to do. Ypa offense limitation or driver or qb one? And on and on.

For instance 2017 in a nut shell primary problem qb execution. Not o line not run game not defense but qb execution. Run game d keeping us in games that the qb play frankly should have never had us in etc.

Ryan will step in like he hasn't missed a beat. The entire NFL is coming off the off season and Ryan will blend right in coming off his injury. The 2-3 game / -3-4 game wait isn't going to happen or should I say wont be needed.

Last edited:
Aren't you the guy who said if Cutler stayed healthy last year, he'd surpass Tannehill in every major statistical category?

I might have said its possible. And if I said it it would have been partly based on the theory that Gase is the QB whisperer of the league. But its moot anyway because Cutler didn't stay healthy.

What does Luck have to do with my post? I don't believe in that garbage "he needs 5 games to click" if the QB is 2 years in that offense (one year as a player and one year as an observer/coaching type), has 4 or 5 WRs who are 2 or more years with the team, added two veteran players who should have no problems to absorb the playbook. I don't care who the QB is.

We are the only group of people who wants to give an offense which is compromised of system established players a 4 or 5 game "training" period. No. Sorry. Not with a 6-year (5-year playing) veteran QB who has seen this offense as a player and as a "coach" for 2 years plus.

Based on the amount of time Ryan has been away from the field- like Luck, I would expect his play to be uneven- especially in the beginning of the year.

You also have timing to get sync in real game situations with new players.

Im not saying it’s a playbook issue. The thing is I know what the explanations will be for Luck but not Ryan.

Qbr is not a soft sell and I will never take any stat over my own eye balls but in terms of effectiveness of the offense ask as in efficiency it’s a good barometer.

It’s up to the individual to separate what’s driving the success or failure of the team as a whole or particular individuals. It’s probably separate from scheme ask the hardest thing in my experience for people to do. Ypa offense limitation or driver or qb one? And on and on.

For instance 2017 in a nut shell primary problem qb execution. Not o line not run game not defense but qb execution. Run game d keeping us in games that the qb play frankly should have never had us in etc.
I can live with that statement.

But using QBR as the one number to show efficiency is still wrong. That's why I never engage in any kind of comparison discussion with other QBs because I don't just sit on stats and say "oh look, this QB is great because he has a great QBR" or "oh look he sucks his QBR is merely average".
I don't even use 2017 as a measuring gauge because it was a cluster **** in so many ways.
For me efficiency is if the QB can lead us to scoring drives. Is he good enough to be a threat in every aspect of the passing game? Can his passing game keep defenses honest so our run game can profit from that? I prefer a QB who throws for 3TDs and 4 INTs over a QB who throws for 1TD and 0INT if those 4 INTs come on a 40-yard pass deep into the opponent's field on a 3rd and "a mile". I am not a fan of a QB who pads the stats by dinking and dunking between the 30s and then everything falls apart. That is not efficiency either.
QBR is only a good evaluation tool for the efficiency of an offense if the final result warrants that. Otherwise it is a stat only good for fantasy football.

If by health you mean bad mechanics coupled with not the same level back foot fast ball arm and a mentality of checking out on contact to make plays then yeah that’s cutler in 17.

Play action was even off the table cause the guy wouldn’t stand in.

Play action is a big driver in 11 personnel heavy spread like concepts o’s of chunk plays and ypa

And once Ajayi went miami went to these concepts to create run lanes. Scheme driven. Of course miami also had to go to short set shot gun ball out of hand and even 3 step from under center to force the qb to stand in. Kind of concepts where you better stay ahead of or maintain the sticks to have success and you will be throwing a lot of quick hitters and underneath routes.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have to play team ball to win. Really good, smart, disciplined TEAM ball. We need excellent coaching/gameplans week in and week out.

We need BALANCE on both sides.

And most important. We need to score early. And get the pig in the Nzone consistently.

The BS we need 5 weeks etc. to get 'er going is rubbish.

We need to come out strong and keep the mojo going.

No more extended losing streaks. No more inconsistent execution. And for gawds snakes -- cut the penalty crap!

PS: re good, smart, disciplined... I don't see how players like Parker fit into that equation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom