GREAT Dan Marino news!!!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GREAT Dan Marino news!!!!!!

me 2

that is why i wasn't surprised w/ his production last year (if you projected his stats for all 16 games he was a top 5 QB in just about every statistical category) and I would have been fine with him starting (but DB was a better choice b/c he can take advantage of PP and E-Mo's downfield abilities)

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
He had a very good college career (I think, I also couldn't watch in 1983) but I think he struggled his senior year, which is why he fell so low in the first round.

I guess Alex Van Pelt's gonna get in too! He broke all of Danny's records at Pitt!

Originally posted by UncleTed
Dan didn't struggle his senior year, he had a good career all around. The problem with his draft status is that he had one of the worst wonderlic scores ever. He scored like a 16 I think. Some coaches started asking if he had a learning disability or was dyslexic.
Or is just plain dumb as a box of rocks.

The rules today favor a running qb-if you throw the ball away inside the tackle box, you can-and will- be called for intentional grounding. A guy can't stand back there 'till the last second-if his receiver doesn't break open, he has no options.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
Just heard on Sporting News Radio, that Dan the Man Has been elected into the college football Hall Of Fame. What a great acheivement.

How many more years until he makes it into the Real Hall???

Is that "hall of fame" based on collegiate stats only? If so, then Alex Van Pelt is on his way to that 'hall of fame", since he blasted through all of Marino's records at pitt!

Re: Re: GREAT Dan Marino news!!!!!!

Originally posted by Judge

Is that "hall of fame" based on collegiate stats only? If so, then Alex Van Pelt is on his way to that 'hall of fame", since he blasted through all of Marino's records at pitt!
yes it is based on college stats/awards

from
http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/sports/football/nfl/miami_dolphins/3218376.htm

In order to make it into the College Football Hall of Fame, players had to be first-team All-Americans. They must be retired from the sport and out of college football at least 10 years.

P.S.
Marino, a shoo-in for the Pro Football Hall of Fame when he becomes eligible in 2005

There was also the "rumor" of drugs (pot) during his senior year, that was disproven many many times, which helped his draft status fall lower then originally expected.

Originally posted by IceStorm
There was also the "rumor" of drugs (pot) during his senior year, that was disproven many many times, which helped his draft status fall lower then originally expected.
I guess that's a bad thing :goof: probably too much of this :drinker: as well :lol:

P.S. I thought the rumor was of Coke a much more 80's thing to do :evil:

It was painkillers. Dan got the nickname PercoDan because there was a nasty little rumor of him using pain killers going around.

I may have heard something about cocaine as well, but there was definitely a rumor about him using pain killers.

Hahaha it was the early '80s, every 16-25 yr old had rumors about them using cocaine!!!! Who cares if he did or not, he obviously cleaned up his image, and if he did do coke a few times, who the hell cares, you make mistakes when you are young, you experiment. As long as you aren't making the same mistakes at 29 that you were at 19 you are doing ok.......for the most part! haahahah

An interesting point was brought up on BBI about this. Sinve Alex Van Pelt broke most of Marino's passing records @ Pitt, should he go to the Hall? I think it's a shame if he does, but they do have a point! Does the NFL career play into making this Hall? Are guys like Danny Weurffel or Charlie Ward going to be accepted even thought their NFL careers didn't pan out??

Well it is called the COLLEGE football hall of fame for a reason. Why shouldn't Van Pelt get into a collegiate hall of fame when he was a GREAT collegian?

I think there is a reason Ward never had an NFL career, lil ol thing called FIRST ROUND NBA PICK!

They say with the new trends of the NFL, Ward might have been a successful QB, but was just before his time and thought he could do better in the NBA.

I think Ward would have been an awesome NFL QB if someone would have given him a chance. Today's NFL has guys like McNabb & Culpepper that scramble & add another dimension. I still remember those Philly fans booing McNabb @ the draft!!!!

Back
Top Bottom