Great Fins 2003 News/Jamie Nails almost fully recovered | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great Fins 2003 News/Jamie Nails almost fully recovered

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Great Fins 2003 News

This is a tidbit from a long Sporting News article that I thought you guys wouldnt want to miss. Talks about Nails, Seau, etc....

"LB Junior Seau could cause a change in the team's defensive philosophy because of his ability to blitz. Coordinator Jim Bates does not like to blitz. With Seau, he has the luxury of being more aggressive. … Seau looked quick and strong in minicamps, showing no ill effects from last year's bad ankle. … LG Jamie Nails is close to making a full recovery from Achilles' surgery. Nails, who played a big part in RB Ricky Williams' success last season, must prove he still has burst off the ball, which takes time after that type of surgery, but he kept excessive weight off and is entering a contract year. If he is slowed at all, Seth McKinney could start at left guard. … Some scoffed when LB Eddie Moore was drafted in the second round because there seemed to be more pressing needs than at linebacker. But Moore has a real chance to beat out Morlon Greenwood for the strongside spot. He has picked up the system quickly. … After the club failed to make the playoffs last year despite having the league's leading rusher, Wannstedt decided he needed to open up the offense. Though the Dolphins won't become the Rams, Wannstedt will give coordinator Norv Turner more freedom to get the ball downfield. The plan is for Williams to be dominant in the fourth quarter when the team has a double-digit lead."

Great article DolfanMike! Thanks.

Can't wait for the season to start!!!

We are SO winning the AFC East.

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
You should have taken Angelo Crowell

Why?? Because Buffalo took him END of the 3rd Round?? Moore is much faster and much more athletic. He also is predominantly an OLB, whereas Crowell is more of an inside player. Better fit for Miami.

I Just can't frickin wait!!!!!!! :D

LOVE DEM PHINS!!

"After the club failed to make the playoffs last year despite having the league's leading rusher, Wannstedt decided he needed to open up the offense. Though the Dolphins won't become the Rams, Wannstedt will give coordinator Norv Turner more freedom to get the ball downfield.The plan is for Williams to be dominant in the fourth quarter when the team has a double-digit lead"

God I love the sound of this. Is it possible we will have more of an aggressive approach this year? I sure hope so.

Originally posted by t2thejz
Wow I needed some news like that, that should hold me over for about 10 min

:lol: :lol: Just read this a million times after every ten minutes.. By then, it'll get you til season starts..

Why do you want Norv Turner to leave? Yeah, I really miss Chan "Hack" Gailey and his 3 plays at random?

I hate news like this. It makes me want the season to start even more.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Why do you want Norv Turner to leave? Yeah, I really miss Chan "Hack" Gailey and his 3 plays at random?

"Norv turner will Leave no doubt next year" By saying this, I meant that he will be aggressive when Miami has leads and"leave no doubt" in the minds of opponents as to what Miami wants to accomplish.. Sorry for not making it clearer... :lol:

We don't have the QB to get the ball downfield 30-40 Yards accurately. I'd keep Jay inside 20-30 yards. If he's feelnig good then let him throw downfield 2-3 times a game at most. If he's a little dinged don't even try it. Play it safe and get the W.

Moore was the right choice for Miami. The stronger we are at defense, the better. The Bills can only dream of having a D this strong. Defense wins SB's.:billsbite

Though the Dolphins won't become the Rams, Wannstedt will give coordinator Norv Turner more freedom to get the ball downfield. The plan is for Williams to be dominant in the fourth quarter when the team has a double-digit lead
I wasn't aware that Waanstedt had restrained Turner at all. If he did, why would we even have Turner?

Back
Top Bottom