Great Fins 2003 News/Jamie Nails almost fully recovered | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great Fins 2003 News/Jamie Nails almost fully recovered

Originally posted by marcusreal
Moore was the right choice for Miami. The stronger we are at defense, the better. The Bills can only dream of having a D this strong. Defense wins SB's.:billsbite

Regarding this news, I'm not at all surprised that Seau looks great, and I'm glad we continue to hear over and over that his ankle has completely recovered. Keep in mind this is a very prideful guy with boatloads of talent....looking to shut some people up.
The best news on this article IMO though was that on Nails. I think Jamie Nails was our best OL last year. He literally pushed everyone in front of him around and despite all the negative talk from Bills fans on him, I didnt see anything that they talked about. He's also kept his weight down......If he is able to repeat last years effort, it is a HUGE factor for us!

I have to admit, FanMike, that Seau's ability to blitz sounds good and I would like to add that when the Fins did blitz last year they looked pretty scary, intimidating. I have to agree with you on Jaime Nails, he did a great job last year and I was very bummed when he left the field. Nail's and Seau's injuries don't seem like they will pose a threat to them this time around, but all we can do is hope and pray.

Originally posted by marcusreal
I have to admit, FanMike, that Seau's ability to blitz sounds good and I would like to add that when the Fins did blitz last year they looked pretty scary, intimidating. I have to agree with you on Jaime Nails, he did a great job last year and I was very bummed when he left the field. Nail's and Seau's injuries don't seem like they will pose a threat to them this time around, but all we can do is hope and pray.

I remember rolling my eyes and not being happy at all upon hearing the Fins were cutting Searcy last year and starting Nails. I never posted anything, but on the inside I was really unhappy with the decision based on what I'd seen of Nails and what the Bills fans were saying about him. But in preseason he did look ok and in the Lions game (opener) I felt like I was watching Larry Little.....he looked that good! He completely made me a Nails fan that game and each one thereafter.

hell yeah dolfanmike, Nails will be huge on this line for years to come

LG Jamie Nails is close to making a full recovery

from http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/teams/dolphins/

LG Jamie Nails is close to making a full recovery from Achilles' surgery. Nails, who played a big part in RB Ricky Williams' success last season, must prove he still has burst off the ball, which takes time after that type of surgery, but he kept excessive weight off and is entering a contract year.
:jumper:

Jaime Nails

Dolphins | Nails Almost Fully Recovered - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 06:52:18 -0700

Updating previous reports, Todd Archer, of the Palm Beach Post, reports for the Sporting News that Miami Dolphins OG Jamie Nails (Achilles) is close to making a full recovery from Achilles' surgery.

...And he should have his quickness because he kept the access weight off while recovering.

Nails Almost Fully Recovered

Dolphins | Nails Almost Fully Recovered - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 06:52:18 -0700

Updating previous reports, Todd Archer, of the Palm Beach Post, reports for the Sporting News that Miami Dolphins OG Jamie Nails (Achilles) is close to making a full recovery from Achilles' surgery.

That is good news. I still wonder if he would have been healthy if we could have beat either Minnesote or New Englad.

Phinzone.com:
McKinney Could Start Ahead Of Nails
July 14th, 2003
Todd Archer of the Palm Beach Post reports for The Sporting News that guard Jamie Nails is close to making a full recovery from Achilles' surgery, but must prove he still has burst off the ball, which takes time after that type of surgery. If Nails is slowed at all, Seth McKinney could start ahead of him at left guard.

It could very well happen. Coming back from a torn achilles tendon is no joke. Evenif he is at 100% it cold very well take him some time to get back into game shape as far a quickness and burst as previously stated. Remember, he has been layed up so to speak, and hasn't been able to practice technique if at all. I think the report has some validity. I also, don't think McKinney would unseat him totally, only until Nails were to re-prove himself.

I could see McKinney starting if Nails was totally out of shape, and fat again.

But remember, during his recovery he kept that excess weight off. He should regain his quickness once he practices again.

And Samphin, he did practice at the last camp. It was even reported that he had no setbacks, and he looked good.

Another reason to be desperately waiting the arrival of training camp.

Back
Top Bottom