Great News!!!!! Solid Lt Still Possible | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great News!!!!! Solid Lt Still Possible

unclemonty

Dolphins, Buckeyes, MMA, and hot chicks
Reaction score
ESPNs Len Pasq reports that the Raiders resigning of Mo Collins leaves Matt Stinchcomb with no place to go. Raiders are said to be thinking about putting this four-year veteran on the trading block for possibly a third round selection in next years draft. Although it doesnt specifically say the Dolphins, it states that there are at least two teams in need of a starting tackle that would jump at the chance to acquire him. HINT, HINT. his salary is only 1.3 million this year, i think we could definitely afford this or find a way to pull it off. I, however think we would need a second rounder to get him, which we dont have. IF we were to land him and Griese, this would be the greatest possible offseason in history. Cutting Rodgers will clear some space, hell cut Perrys overpriced salary if we can get Stinchcomb here at LT. He would be expendable. McKinney is solid backup at Guard or Center.

NEW LINE WOULD BE

LT LG C RG RT
STINCHCOMB DIXON RUDDY NAILS PERRY

Keep backups McKinney, Whitley, Jerman, and W Smith
This builds us a very solid line with promising young backups for our future. PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN!!!!

I agree. Mark Dixon is injury prone and a much better guard. If it is within our grasp I say we go ahead and pull the trigger.

Dixon will be better in 2003 no matter where he plays.

Originally posted by unclemonty
ESPNs Len Pasq reports that the Raiders resigning of Mo Collins leaves Matt Stinchcomb with no place to go. Raiders are said to be thinking about putting this four-year veteran on the trading block for possibly a third round selection in next years draft. Although it doesnt specifically say the Dolphins, it states that there are at least two teams in need of a starting tackle that would jump at the chance to acquire him. HINT, HINT. his salary is only 1.3 million this year, i think we could definitely afford this or find a way to pull it off. I, however think we would need a second rounder to get him, which we dont have. IF we were to land him and Griese, this would be the greatest possible offseason in history. Cutting Rodgers will clear some space, hell cut Perrys overpriced salary if we can get Stinchcomb here at LT. He would be expendable. McKinney is solid backup at Guard or Center.

NEW LINE WOULD BE

LT LG C RG RT
STINCHCOMB DIXON RUDDY NAILS PERRY

Keep backups McKinney, Whitley, Jerman, and W Smith
This builds us a very solid line with promising young backups for our future. PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN!!!!

I think you meant to have Wade at RT.

This would be a good thing, but I just dont see it happening......BTW, how old is Stinchcomb???

this will be stinchs fifth year only.
he was a first rounder in 99.
i honestly believe we will try to pull this off.
we are going for all the marbles this year.
for once we will finally have some depth, that is our achilles heal every year. championship teams do not put out a better starting 22 than us, but their 53 man roster is deeper with better guys on the bench. injuries always kill us, not this year.
THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!!!!
MAKE IT HAPPEN PHINS!!!!
DAMN IM EXCITED!!!!!

I'd be surprised if we traded for Stinchcomb. I'm not a fan of his. The fact is, he is a "tweener," can't start for the Raiders, and a lot of teams think he's over-rated, according to John Clayton and a couple of others around the league.

He has a "name" but I don't see him as solving our LT problems. It's hard to say, but I don't think we'll trade for him. I'd be surprised.

Dude I know the article you're talking about and you gotta read it more closely. It was completely 100% fabricated by the media (ie Pastabelli). Its still PLAUSIBLE, but it is something that Pastabelli sat back and just thought up as a possibility and put in his article.

What Len really said was that re-signing Mo Collins COULD leave Matt Stinchcomb's spot on the OL up in the air. Len said that its POSSIBLE that Stinchcomb could be moved off the starting OL and made the backup swing tackle. Therefore, Len speculates that the Raiders ought to think about trading Stinchcomb while he still has value, and that a 3rd round pick could be a fair price for Stinchcomb.

This isn't a dig on you unclemonty, 95% of readers probably read Pastabelli's story and said "Sweet, the Raiders are thinking about trading Matt Stinchcomb for a 3rd round pick" But the reality of it is this was one of Pastabelli's more irresponsible blurbs because he made it almost sound like this is something that the RAIDERS came up with, when in fact its more something that Len thought up on a fine sunday afternoon when he had nothing else to write about.

As such, until I see some kind of confirmation that the Raiders are actually thinking about this and not some ESPN reporter, I would regard this kind of thing as just rubbish. Stinchcomb may or may not be on the trading block, but I guarantee you this article by Pastabelli is no substantive indication of which it is.

It isn't going to happen. We need the money, and we don't want to give up more draft picks. I hope we don't do this.

I think the Phins are ready to go to battle with Dixon (who will have an entire offseason to prepare for LT, as well as his health) and Wade Smith. You kow Dixon wants redemption, as last year wasn't up to his standards. And Smith obviously is a guy who they feel will come in, provide depth, and eventually start.

Trading for another young guy in Stinchcomb (25), a tweener was was running 3rd team LT behind Sims (28) and Langston Walker (23) before being moved inside (where he's 2nd team LG), doesn't necessarily make sense.

Stinchcomb was a #1 pick in '99. Barry Sims was a 17th Round selection in the NFL EUROPE that same year. An undrafted FA for the Raiders, he beat out Stinchcomb in '99. Then took the job away again in the second half of the 2000 season for good.

After that, the Raiders drafted OT Walker high in 2002. Not a good indictment of Stinchcomb, as he was moved inside. I think this is a guy that needs a change of scenery. But still, I think he might be a bust. Four years is a long time to not be starting when you're a #1 pick. Even if it is on an OL as deep as Oakland's.

Dr. Love...
personally, I prefer attention to detail, and any important decision should take the details into account. I post this not to defend ck's position, but instead just to say you're not speaking for all of us. I guess it's your "I have some tips on how to get a life bro" that I think went overboard in response to his post.

Looks like the crowd has spoken. I hope unclemonty didn't take offense, like I said most people would have read that and thought it had basis in reality and it was Pastabelli who is the irresponsible moron here.

hey Dr. Love thx 4 sticking up 4 my post, but i can handle the criticism. no offense taken CK i enjoy most of your posts (lol), especially your articles.
however, if stinchcomb were to become available, we would probably pursue him at the right price. im not at liberty to discuss my sources, but do know this, i am great friends with several nfl players and we will leave it at that.
i personally think Stinchcomb is under-rated and would be a steal for a third rounder. he can play anywhere on the line, and the way our OLinemen get injured, we could use a guy like him.
remember all, no need to fight and argue we r all on the same team. LOL:drinkers:

unclemonty..... where in Columbus are you?
I lived in the Whitehall area while attending school there....
That was more than a few years ago... but I still remember the good times on High St, around the campus area!

Back
Top Bottom