Greatest QBs of all time! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greatest QBs of all time!

Every QB to win a SB had to be surrounded by talent. And as such, I do not knock QBs like Montana or Elway for it. You can't win alone.

Marino did have a good team in '84. They just lost to a better one in Montana's 49ers. They were also pretty darn good in '85.

But beyond that, Marino's teams weren't very good. He didn't have much of a defense or a running game after those early years.

IMO, Montana had it the best of that bunch though. It's not a knock on Joe, he just had it better than most QBs ever do. While I do consider him one of the best, I think he is "slightly" overrated.(keyword: slightly) I'd take Dan or John over him.

Montana is overrated. That team was just a great true dynasty. Steve Young stepped in and they just kept rolling. Now Steve Young was good but definitely not on this list. You put Montana on an average team for his career and it dosen't show on any of these list. But don't get me wrong he was very good. I don't think you could have put Fiedler on that team and had the same results.. but you put Marino there and you can add a few more SB's easy.

I won't go and say Marino would have gotten any more Super Bowls on that team, but I would imagine that he wouldn't have went ringless. Montana would run more than Dan , so I'm sure that helped him improvise in situations that Marino would have either thrown the ball, or possibly even took a sack.

my list would be this.

Marino
Fauts(can't believe nobody mention him)
Elway
Unitas
Montana
Tarkenton
Farve

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny
my list would be this.

Marino
Fauts(can't believe nobody mention him)
Elway
Unitas
Montana
Tarkenton
Farve

Ozzy rules!!

Not a bad list.

Originally posted by DOLBET
I think it is a sad thing that voters look at rings instead of stats.

So with that kind of logic, why even have a Super Bowl.

Just let the teams play so players can rack up stats.

You think Marino would trade all his stats for one Super Bowl ring.

You bet he would.

Originally posted by DOLBET
Nah, I am not a jills or pats fan. I am a fan of Miami Dolphins for 16 years. I posted this stats to show how much a super bowl ring means to most of fans. According to this poll, it is a possibility that Brady will be voted as best quarterback in 20 to 30 years cuz he won 2 rings. I think it is a sad thing that voters look at rings instead of stats. The quarterback need good team to win a ring. Marino didn't have a good team so the fans didn't vote for him, while they should becauase he have the best stats.

I think whoever does the "deciding" confuses greatest teams with greatest players (QBs) sometimes.

Marino wasn't good in the biggest games of his career though: Superbowl against San Fran, AFC Championship against Pats and Bills.

Back
Top Bottom