Greatest Rival Games of All Time | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greatest Rival Games of All Time

AirFishOne

3peat Big XII Champs!
Reaction score
There are some games in the regular season that get so much hype u might call it a Bowl Game. Now know this is "all time" and you are all entitled to your opinions. Here are some at teh top of my head.

Ohio State/Michigan
USC/UCLA
Oklahoma/Texas
Army/Navy
Army/Air Force
Air Force/Navy
Miami/FSU
Florida/Tenn
Florida/Miami
FSU/Florida
Alabama/Auburn
Arkansas/Texas
Oklahoma/Nebraska

1) FSU/Miami is the #1 College Rivalry right now, regardless of how many FSU has lost in a row. Every year it comes down to the wire. Besides, how many other schools have the College Football networks knocking their door down to get them on a Prime Time slot when no other games are on.

2)Georgia/Florida - You would have to be at this game to understand the magnitude.
3)Ohio State/ Michigan - Still a very hot contest, can make or break a Coaches resume
4)Oklahoma/Texas - After Texas wins this year, this game will jump up on the radar
5)Auburn/Alabama - Another game you would have to watch to see the bad blood
6)FSU/Florida - No 2 teams hate each other more, and so do the fans
7)Army/Navy - Not as big anymore, but still one of the most watched games
8)Clemson/South Carolina - Just watch last year's game to see why
9)Tennessee/Florida - Just think of the Hatfields and McCoy's
10)Georgia/Georgia Tech - See Auburn/Alabama up above

I am neutral, I live in NY so I don't get caught in any hype being in a CFB town and w/o a doubt the best rivalry is FSU vs. Miami.

1. Ohio st. vs. Michigan
2. Auburn vs. Alabama
3. Colorado vs. Colorado st.
4. Texas A&M vs. Texas
5. UCLA vs. USC
6. Oregon vs. Oregon St.
7. Notre Dame vs. Michigan
8. Maryland vs. Virginia, Teams do not like each other

Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma st. is a really good rivarly game.

K-train said:
1. Ohio st. vs. Michigan
2. Auburn vs. Alabama
3. Colorado vs. Colorado st.
4. Texas A&M vs. Texas
5. UCLA vs. USC
6. Oregon vs. Oregon St.
7. Notre Dame vs. Michigan
8. Maryland vs. Virginia, Teams do not like each other

Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma st. is a really good rivarly game.

Your crazy if you think any of those rivalries are bigger than FSU/Miami, Florida/FSU, or Florida Georgia.

SpeedRush99 said:
Your crazy if you think any of those rivalries are bigger than FSU/Miami, Florida/FSU, or Florida Georgia.

Not really big in my IMO, when a team dominates after a certain amount of years (FSU/Miami, Florida/Georgia) it doesn't seem that big of rivarly to me.

K-train said:
Not really big in my IMO, when a team dominates after a certain amount of years (FSU/Miami, Florida/Georgia) it doesn't seem that big of rivarly to me.

so true

K-train said:

So what you are saying is, that the bully that comes from down the street and beats you up several times in a row, quits being your rival after a few times.

NorthFloridaFin said:
So what you are saying is, that the bully that comes from down the street and beats you up several times in a row, quits being your rival after a few times.

No I think what he is sayin is after a while when one team beats on teh other team over and over teh game isnt as enjoyable as it would be if it was a power struggle every year. Now that game is a good rivalry game but I dont think its teh best in teh history of college football.

K-train said:

Still better than most if not all of the ones you listed.

MD/VA? WTF? I'm from MD and trust me, not a big rivalry.

I'll give you the Michigan/OSU but the rest are weak

Michigan / Michigan St. are always good to watch but I gotta go with Texas/Oklahoma....just because I'm a big Texas fan and we're gonna get 'em one day!

Well, when your stadium can seat 105K, and pack in an extra 10k with standing room only, you come talk to us. Thats OSU/Michigan game every year. It dont matter if they beat on us (OSU) for 10 staright years, it was still packed. But, we get to do the beating on now, he he. The two biggest stadiums in the country reside in the Big 10. SEC is third (Tenn). Just about every TV in the Tri-state area is watching that game. And, that is one hell-o-lot of people.

I dont know if it the "biggest" rivalry, but it has to be damn close. It is for us, up here. Its bigger then the Superbowl + World Series + NBA Finals, and then some up in these parts.

You got to remember, the only good football we got besides the Buckeyes and Wolverines is Pittsburgh and Indianapolis, and thats if you like either of them. Detroit, Cinci and Cleveland all suck.

Glad to see someone mentioned ND vs Michigan, but how has no one mentioned ND vs USC? I know the last couple years they've owned us, we owned them the 3 years before, but they've played against each other forever. First east v west coast game I believe was played by these teams

Back
Top Bottom