Greenway | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greenway

phinfan88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
with difficulty signing LaVar after the monster contract peterson got and Arrington most likely wanting near that amount, i think greenway is the best option in the 1st but wouldnt mind takin Lawson either...thoughts???

yeah thats how it looks like its shaping up. however what happens with the DB need we cant adress untill the 3rd

I'd prefer Manny Lawson. No offense to Greenway or anything, but I prefer someone who is more a Peterson-type player (that is, an OLB that can line up as a 4-3 DE).

Ummm I think Lavar will be a Dolphin when its all said and done. However if we don't sign him I don't want Greenway at all! I would take Manny Lawson, BUt I would much rather have a RT ( Winston Justice ) or a DB ( Ko Simpson ) cause they fill much more pressing needs. A corner in the first would not be that bad either.

Skeet84 said:
Ummm I think Lavar will be a Dolphin when its all said and done. However if we don't sign him I don't want Greenway at all! I would take Manny Lawson, BUt I would much rather have a RT ( Winston Justice ) or a DB ( Ko Simpson ) cause they fill much more pressing needs. A corner in the first would not be that bad either.

We already have 5 corners, no need for CB also Shelton and Carey are both fairly above average at OT, though we could use an OG, so I guess it will be Manny Lawson or Ko Simpson if we stay put, if we trade down, then Carpenter/ Bing.

I think the LBs late in round 1 (Greenway, Carpenter, Lawson) are all better players and better value that early compared to all the DBs that will be left. There really isn't any immediate shut down corners that we could get, but any of those 3 OLBs could step right in and play. Plus, safeties are usually much easier to find and usually come cheaper than stud OLBs.

i could be wrong but if my memory serves me correctly wasnt greenway the guy who was supposed to shatter the combine bench press record and go over 50 but then he didnt even get over 20 .... that sounds a little suspicious if you ask me i would pass on him if it was me. -also in the iowa games that i saw abdul hogde looked like the best linebacker on their defense to me anyways.

If we do go LB in the first, I would want Lawson or Carpenter. Im not big on Greenway after the combine

Joey 22 said:
We already have 5 corners, no need for CB also Shelton and Carey are both fairly above average at OT, though we could use an OG, so I guess it will be Manny Lawson or Ko Simpson if we stay put, if we trade down, then Carpenter/ Bing.

I think maybe look at corner in the third. We do have 5, but look at injuries, plus, we could get a few guys in the third that are better than some that we have on the roster. I agree with what you say about the line and LB. I would go Lawson, or Carpenter at LB, or Simpson or Allen at S. Im not a Bing fan, he is kinda over rated

PSU Cane said:
I think the LBs late in round 1 (Greenway, Carpenter, Lawson) are all better players and better value that early compared to all the DBs that will be left. There really isn't any immediate shut down corners that we could get, but any of those 3 OLBs could step right in and play. Plus, safeties are usually much easier to find and usually come cheaper than stud OLBs.

I think we would be able to get a shutdown corner where we pick in the draft. Ashton Youboty, cromartie, and hill all have potential to be real nice corners in the nfl and should be available when we pick. I think if Jimmy williams is there, he is our pick, he can play everywhere in the secondary and i feel he is a guy saban would drool over.

Lazy1 said:
I think we would be able to get a shutdown corner where we pick in the draft. Ashton Youboty, cromartie, and hill all have potential to be real nice corners in the nfl and should be available when we pick. I think if Jimmy williams is there, he is our pick, he can play everywhere in the secondary and i feel he is a guy saban would drool over.

I get ya. And your beer pong table is tight, Mine is of the WSU football field. You can see it on my web page. Sweet man! :D

My best options to pick Miami en #16 first round:

1- Jimmy Williams
2- Winston Justice
3- Chad Greenway
4- Chad Jackson
5- Ko Simpson
6- Bobby Carpenter

it's possible that Jimmy Williams is available at #16. In my opinion, the best pick to Miami, he can play like a safety as well as cornerback. It's a great addition...

I'd like to trade down to the late first, pick up a 2nd rounder, & draft Carpenter.

Back
Top Bottom