Greenway | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greenway

Greenways terrible combine scares me.....its not like he was a little off....he stunk the place up, Id rather not take him with the #16 pick

Id like to go after a guy who can play Safety, maybe take Jimmy Williams and move him to FS like a lot of people seem to think a team might do

Alex22 said:
Greenways terrible combine scares me.....its not like he was a little off....he stunk the place up, Id rather not take him with the #16 pick

Id like to go after a guy who can play Safety, maybe take Jimmy Williams and move him to FS like a lot of people seem to think a team might do

Why not take a natural FS like Simpson?

I think Jimmy Williams will be gone by 16. I think Youboty is overrated and not good enough in man coverage to warrant picking 16th. I like Hill's athleticism and speed, but his ball skills and size scare me a little. Again, i don't know if he could come in early and contribute the way the other OLBs could. Those guys are all seasoned players with many games under their belts, NFL bodies, and good college careers against top competition.

I think we may be able to steal a decent corner in round 3. Guys like Will Blackmon, Hester, Maxey, Minter and others could be there.

The wild card is Cromartie. I love the guys ability but since we haven't really seen him, we don't know how his knee is, if his skill level has changed at all, or how he will hold up in the NFL. If we could trade down and still get him, then i'd do it.

PSU Cane said:
I think we may be able to steal a decent corner in round 3. Guys like Will Blackmon, Hester, Maxey, Minter and others could be there.

The wild card is Cromartie. I love the guys ability but since we haven't really seen him, we don't know how his knee is, if his skill level has changed at all, or how he will hold up in the NFL. If we could trade down and still get him, then i'd do it.

Hester is not a decent corner by any means and would be a reach in the 3rd.

SpeedRush99 said:
Hester is not a decent corner by any means and would be a reach in the 3rd.

Hester would be a waste of a pick, he has no real position except return man

I know everyone is down on Hester, but i still like him. He has more athletic talent than most of the guys in this draft but just little experience. If he goes to the right situation and learns, i could see him becoming a VERY good pro at CB. I could also see him at WR, but i think he is better suited for CB. I'd rather have him and his upside than some of these other guys who have been playing CB for 4 years and still can't cover.

phinfan88 said:
with difficulty signing LaVar after the monster contract peterson got and Arrington most likely wanting near that amount, i think greenway is the best option in the 1st but wouldnt mind takin Lawson either...thoughts???

I would love to land Greenway or Lawson... both will be studs...

PSU Cane said:
I know everyone is down on Hester, but i still like him. He has more athletic talent than most of the guys in this draft but just little experience. If he goes to the right situation and learns, i could see him becoming a VERY good pro at CB. I could also see him at WR, but i think he is better suited for CB. I'd rather have him and his upside than some of these other guys who have been playing CB for 4 years and still can't cover.

I agree, he is fast. But I see him more of a WR in the NFL than a CB. He really has no coverage skills. He needs to learn route running and work on his hands and he might do ok. Could be a steal for the team that gets him, but not for a few years

Cromartie has more upside than all but a select few players in this draft and that we might get him at 16 excites the hell out of me.

If we've learned anything about saban's philosophy over this offseason is that he likes upside... he's grabbed a bunch of physically gifted underacheivers because he knows he can light a fire under their *****. And if he gets them to perform to their phisical abilities, they are great pick-ups that came really cheap.

Now if he grabbed cromartie in the middle of the first and he plays up to his freakish ability, he will easily be the steal of this draft. My concern is that he will be picked before we get a shot at him.

I say forget Greenway, i think he has bust written all over him. We should trade upwards and maybe get a 2nd rd or 3rd rd pick as well. With a higher pick in the 1st rd we should take Ko Simpson from south Carolina, that guy has potential and potential is a scary thing in Nick Sabans's hands,just ask the rest of the league how he made Crowder one of the best Lb's already in the game !

uga3406 said:
I say forget Greenway, i think he has bust written all over him. We should trade upwards and maybe get a 2nd rd or 3rd rd pick as well. With a higher pick in the 1st rd we should take Ko Simpson from south Carolina, that guy has potential and potential is a scary thing in Nick Sabans's hands,just ask the rest of the league how he made Crowder one of the best Lb's already in the game !
You mean trade down...right?

Joey 22 said:
We already have 5 corners, no need for CB also Shelton and Carey are both fairly above average at OT, though we could use an OG, so I guess it will be Manny Lawson or Ko Simpson if we stay put, if we trade down, then Carpenter/ Bing.

Ummm No not really. We have corners and none of them are truly proven number one guys. Besides Will Poole is a FA after this year and he could leave. I would not mind adding alot more depth to our CB position with so many great guys. Ummmm Carey did alright, But I would still rather have Winston Justice. Shelton is not getting any younger and he adds alot of depth to our line. Bing is a 2nd round guy and i don't see us dropping that far.

Back
Top Bottom