Greetings From Canada | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greetings From Canada

Damn, I just remembered that the Jets colours are green as well as my CFL team the Roughriders. Just a heads up that these aren't New York jerseys...lol.

clear.gif
http://shop.riderville.com/images/catalog/2006_Personalized_Jersey.bmp

Migs said:
Oh and as an aviation nut, I am curious if they usually have airforce flyovers before the games?

Go Fins Go!!!
They did for the 1st game against The Bills.Not for the other games i was at.

Hey get there early, a national game there is always stuff going on, back in the day I would always see the Bills play the fins on Monday Night. Pre game there would be a bonfire with an effigy of Kelly burning in it, always got the crowd going. As someone said it is like a carnival and such a good time.

As for restaurants, where are you staying. South Beach has some fun places for people watching on Ocean Drive, go late in the day to get end of beach and early dining, personally this brings back some good memories I would always go to the News Cafe, after clubbing between 4-5 am to get breakfast and a chocolate shake, not sure why but it always fit the spot. Not sure what clubs on Collins and Washington anymore, they seem to change names every few months.

clear.gif

Coconut Grove has a few restaurants, including the fore mentioned Marino's, haven't been there in awhile, but it was always busy, lotta hot chicas milling around. Though you are there with the GF and her fam, so be careful :)

Bayside is alright in the daytime, often have musicians playing and the Hooters has a good view.

Other than that I spent most of time between Kendall and Coral Gables and not much turista stuff.

If some of my stuff is dated I apologize, it has been awhile.

Hey thanks alot for the info guys. This is going to be one hell of a great holiday. Just curious what a national game means?....does that mean its being televised nationally?....I thought all games were..haha.

On a different note, we are staying in Orlando for the rest of the trip. We have to choose 2 of the 3 places to visit (Busch Gardens, Disneyworld, or Universal Studios). There's no kids in our group so we are thinking about leaving Disneyland until there are Migs Jr's running around. Are those other 2 places worth it or should we just go to Disneyworld anyways.

Cheers
Migs

ps....love those coyote ugly gals up on top of the bar MNFINFAN

Migs said:
Hey thanks alot for the info guys. This is going to be one hell of a great holiday. Just curious what a national game means?....does that mean its being televised nationally?....I thought all games were..haha.

On a different note, we are staying in Orlando for the rest of the trip. We have to choose 2 of the 3 places to visit (Busch Gardens, Disneyworld, or Universal Studios). There's no kids in our group so we are thinking about leaving Disneyland until there are Migs Jr's running around. Are those other 2 places worth it or should we just go to Disneyworld anyways.

Cheers
Migs

Id go with the two I bolded. Disney is great if you have kids and does have some enjoyable things, but the other two are much better for teens and adults.

Migs said:

Cheers
Migs

Busch Gardens is far from Orlando.You need to go to Disney and Universal.Avoid Holiday traffic at all cost.:lol:

54Fins said:
Busch Gardens is far from Orlando.You need to go to Disney and Universal.Avoid Holiday traffic at all cost.:lol:
i thought Tampa was only an hour drive west of Orlando?

MNFINFAN said:
Hey get there early, a national game there is always stuff going on, back in the day I would always see the Bills play the fins on Monday Night. Pre game there would be a bonfire with an effigy of Kelly burning in it, always got the crowd going. As someone said it is like a carnival and such a good time.

As for restaurants, where are you staying. South Beach has some fun places for people watching on Ocean Drive, go late in the day to get end of beach and early dining, personally this brings back some good memories I would always go to the News Cafe, after clubbing between 4-5 am to get breakfast and a chocolate shake, not sure why but it always fit the spot. Not sure what clubs on Collins and Washington anymore, they seem to change names every few months.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c6/Girls_dancing_in_South_Beach.JPG

Coconut Grove has a few restaurants, including the fore mentioned Marino's, haven't been there in awhile, but it was always busy, lotta hot chicas milling around. Though you are there with the GF and her fam, so be careful :)

Bayside is alright in the daytime, often have musicians playing and the Hooters has a good view.

Other than that I spent most of time between Kendall and Coral Gables and not much turista stuff.

If some of my stuff is dated I apologize, it has been awhile.
That pic is from a bar called Mango's. It's on Ocean Blvd.:D

Migs said:
i thought Tampa was only an hour drive west of Orlando?
True,but why travel all across Florida when you will have enough to do in Orlando for your trip.Believe me,bro.

54Fins said:
True,but why travel all across Florida when you will have enough to do in Orlando for your trip.Believe me,bro.
I hear ya but we got a crew of people who wanna do pretty much everything in a 9 day span. I am just glad I am accomplishing my need (Dolphins vs Jets) on the 2nd day we get there. Trust me when you live in a country as big and as wide open as Canada, spending a little time on the highway is no big deal. Just found out we are going to the Lightning vs Canadiens game as well in Tampa:finfan72:

.....Nothing like a bunch of Canadians going on holidays to Florida to watch a hockey game:D

Migs said:
I hear ya but we got a crew of people who wanna do pretty much everything in a 9 day span. I am just glad I am accomplishing my need (Dolphins vs Jets) on the 2nd day we get there. Trust me when you live in a country as big and as wide open as Canada, spending a little time on the highway is no big deal. Just found out we are going to the Lightning vs Canadiens game as well in Tampa:finfan72:

.....Nothing like a bunch of Canadians going on holidays to Florida to watch a hockey game:D
Good for you,man. Have fun and be safe for the Holidays.Cheers :canada:

I'll be at that same game one section over, sec.455, look for the loudest, drunkest idiot you can spot on the horizon, that'll be me!

Back
Top Bottom