Greetings from Houston | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greetings from Houston

Grid

What? no Texans flag?
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just thought id come post some thoughts.

1. This in NO way takes yall out of the superbowl run. I know that yall know this..but i just wanted to reaffirm it.. from someone who ISNT a dolphin fanatic, yall still have one of..if not THE best team in the AFC.

2. Yall played a lazy game today. Too many penalties.. too many missed opportunities..and a terrible first quarter. For all the talk of taking the season one game at a time.. I think the dolphins must have come out thinking that this was gonna be a "gimme" game. Im not trying to criticise.. im just saying that it wasnt a lack of talent that lost the game..it was sloppyness.. and sloppyness is something that can be worked out. I bet after this loss.. you will see your Dolphins stepping up their efforts from now on. Maybe this will give your guys the boost they need to really get out there and perform.. having 7 pro bowlers on defense doesnt mean offensive lines are gonna part like the red sea for ya.

3. The Texans are not as bad as ESPN says they are. We are an expansion team with a bad rep from last year.. therefore we get no respect from the media. The truth of the matter is that last year our team was FULL of young talent..but they were rookies.. now they have a year under their belt and alot more experience and practice. Losing to someone like the Bengals or Lions in your opening day.. that is bad.. but the Texans HAVE talent..just not experience. Today you saw that we have come a long way from our 76 sack season last year.

4. Speaking of 76 sacks. Our O-line took that personally. The media had a field day with us and our O-line didnt like being called the worst offensive line in NFL history. No one in this league should be expecting our O-line to give up sacks like last year. We didnt change ALOT about it..but we have a couple more veterans.. and a years worth of practice. May not seem like a HUGE change from a statistical point of view.. but they came out today knowing that they were EXPECTED to suck..and that Carr was EXPECTED to have 3-5 sacks.. and that, understandably, pissed them off :).

Anyway.. I could sit here and point out all the reasons why the Media is wrong about the Texans and their capabilities.. but right now its just talk.. we will see where we are at the end of the season..maybe we will earn some respect this season.

Personally, I still dont see us as a playoff team.. despite winning todays game.. we did not come CLOSE to dominating. Most of our points came from Field goals.. we have to make those TDs when we get the opportunity. The only reason we won is because yall played Sloppy today.

SO.. I know there is no way for yall to feel HAPPY about this loss.. but the silver lining is that yall have the talent.. all you have to do is be more disciplined in your future games.. and I think yall still have a great chance at the superbowl this year.

Oh, and about Jason Taylor.. Pitts may be a rookie but he has talent :).. I loved seeing him holding back Taylor 1 on 1.

Originally posted by Grid
Hey everyone, I just thought id come post some thoughts.

1. This in NO way takes yall out of the superbowl run. I know that yall know this..but i just wanted to reaffirm it.. from someone who ISNT a dolphin fanatic, yall still have one of..if not THE best team in the AFC.

2. Yall played a lazy game today. Too many penalties.. too many missed opportunities..and a terrible first quarter. For all the talk of taking the season one game at a time.. I think the dolphins must have come out thinking that this was gonna be a "gimme" game. Im not trying to criticise.. im just saying that it wasnt a lack of talent that lost the game..it was sloppyness.. and sloppyness is something that can be worked out. I bet after this loss.. you will see your Dolphins stepping up their efforts from now on. Maybe this will give your guys the boost they need to really get out there and perform.. having 7 pro bowlers on defense doesnt mean offensive lines are gonna part like the red sea for ya.

3. The Texans are not as bad as ESPN says they are. We are an expansion team with a bad rep from last year.. therefore we get no respect from the media. The truth of the matter is that last year our team was FULL of young talent..but they were rookies.. now they have a year under their belt and alot more experience and practice. Losing to someone like the Bengals or Lions in your opening day.. that is bad.. but the Texans HAVE talent..just not experience. Today you saw that we have come a long way from our 76 sack season last year.

4. Speaking of 76 sacks. Our O-line took that personally. The media had a field day with us and our O-line didnt like being called the worst offensive line in NFL history. No one in this league should be expecting our O-line to give up sacks like last year. We didnt change ALOT about it..but we have a couple more veterans.. and a years worth of practice. May not seem like a HUGE change from a statistical point of view.. but they came out today knowing that they were EXPECTED to suck..and that Carr was EXPECTED to have 3-5 sacks.. and that, understandably, pissed them off :).

Anyway.. I could sit here and point out all the reasons why the Media is wrong about the Texans and their capabilities.. but right now its just talk.. we will see where we are at the end of the season..maybe we will earn some respect this season.

Personally, I still dont see us as a playoff team.. despite winning todays game.. we did not come CLOSE to dominating. Most of our points came from Field goals.. we have to make those TDs when we get the opportunity. The only reason we won is because yall played Sloppy today.

SO.. I know there is no way for yall to feel HAPPY about this loss.. but the silver lining is that yall have the talent.. all you have to do is be more disciplined in your future games.. and I think yall still have a great chance at the superbowl this year.

Oh, and about Jason Taylor.. Pitts may be a rookie but he has talent :).. I loved seeing him holding back Taylor 1 on 1.

You guys came into our house and whooped our tails.
The Texans deserved it, Great game. Carr looks like something real special as your entire team does. Sharper was a huge addition to your defense. He seemed to make every tackle out there today.

One thing I'd like to add is that I can't wait for the Texans to dethrone the Cowboys as Texas' team. I hate the Boys after living in Dallas for 4 VERY long years.
Good luck in the season.

Thanks Trek :)

beleive me we cant wait to dethrone the cowgirls either hehe. We are workin on it :).

class act man.. ur team and ur fans.. i have great respect for the texans after this game and im sure the players do to.. the first i thought about was how well ur team shut down our pass rush... seems that carr could have the break out season i thought he would have last year with the oline steppin up like they did... i liked him at FSU and im still a fan.. good luck

Remember what the Texans did in their opener against Dallas?

This is kinda the same thing. Things will "seek their own level" eventually. The Texans fan is right.

We got our butts handed to us today and this seems like a great place to commiserate at the moment.

Houston definitely moved the Belichick story down a bit.

What about the ripping Mike Martz is taking?

Originally posted by PatsWin2002
Remember what the Texans did in their opener against Dallas?

This is kinda the same thing. Things will "seek their own level" eventually. The Texans fan is right.

We got our butts handed to us today and this seems like a great place to commiserate at the moment.

Houston definitely moved the Belichick story down a bit.

Houston moved the war on terror down a bit:lol:

Originally posted by PatsWin2002

How bout Tony Dungy in Indy. Yes, they won the game but how do you not score with that offense?

Dungy is capable of killing any offense with his coaching..... apparently even his own.

I second Grid's post. It was a great win for the Texans no doubt, but I think the Dolphins will be fine. I'm looking forward to seeing your guys in the playoffs kicking some Titan butt.

Now I must go find that thread that talked about this being the 5th preseason game for the Dolphins...hope you don't mind, it's just too tempting...

good luck the rest of the year!

My hats off to the Houston Oline. they played great. chester pitts minus the penalties was an animal. wish we had him. your weakness IMO was the strong point yesterday. great game and Houston is no longer a patsy. thats the bottom line and i think you guys will take Indy.

Thanks Finfan :). Miami has some real classy fans.. Im not too fond of your players :p.. but you guys have been some of the classiest ive come across.

I still think Miami has an amazing lineup of talent. If the players can pull it together and not get too full of themselves, then I dont think anything could keep you from the superbowl.

Originally posted by Grid
Thanks Finfan :). Miami has some real classy fans.. Im not too fond of your players :p.. but you guys have been some of the classiest ive come across.

I still think Miami has an amazing lineup of talent. If the players can pull it together and not get too full of themselves, then I dont think anything could keep you from the superbowl.

Class seems to come easy when you've been humbled.:D Great game. You should have an exciting season to look forward to.

Nice post Grid, I said it last week and your team confirmed it, don't overlook anybody, not in this league. The Texans looked to be a much improved team from last year but, I still think that we could have won this game if the players actually thought they had to show up.

I like your team and I like your fans, I would love to be in your position right now....you have alot to look forward to. Good luck this season.

Grid, classy post, all the BEST the rest of the season.

Your team came to play, and they deserved that win, congrats.

Oliver...

Classy post dude.....kudos to you and your team.

And it's comforting to know that if the Bills or Jets manage to beat the Phins this year.....their fans will be just as classy.....NOT! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom