Greetings from Houston | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greetings from Houston

Originally posted by Grid
Hey everyone, I just thought id come post some thoughts.

1. This in NO way takes yall out of the superbowl run. .

Thanks for the kind words, but of COURSE it does. Have you looked at our schedule? We have very few games that are obviously winnable and this was one of them. We lost out on the division and the playoffs last year because we lost ONE GAME too many. This was that game this year. At least we got it out of the way quickly, so the more realistic of us don't have to hold our breaths waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's dropped.

:whew:.....thanks Rik, now I don't even have to watch the rest of the season.

I'm sure the Titans and the jets could have used your advice last year. It would have saved them from having to make a trip to the playoffs.

Originally posted by inFINSible
:whew:.....thanks Rik, now I don't even have to watch the rest of the season.

Oh, I'll be watching it. The same way I would look at a traffic accident as I pass by.

I'm sure the Titans and the jets could have used your advice last year. It would have saved them from having to make a trip to the playoffs.

And to repeat for those among you with reading problems, this team is NOT the Titans or the Jets or the Steelers. What those teams have that allowed them to come back from early losses, and what we do NOT have is GOOD COACHING.

I DO wish you guys had gotten Parcells and not Dallas. If he had been there I bet they win that game.

But still, the sky is not falling.

As for the Texans, watch for us to maybe win 5 or 6 games this year with an outside shot at 7 wins if the ball bounces right in a game or two. Originally I had thought 4 at the most. We usually stink it up in the game following a win, so we'll see if we've improved in that dept.

im hoping we at least go 8-8.. maybe we wont have to listen to this "Houston is a gimme" every sunday morning and "OMG IT WAS A FLUKE!" every sunday night.

Its my opinion that the reason Miami lost this game is because they went out there expecting a gimme. They have pretty much said so themselves. If they go into the rest of the season expecting an actual NFL match up.. i imagine they will do alot better. Which is why I say they are still in the running for the superbowl.

Originally posted by RikWriter

And to repeat for those among you with reading problems, this team is NOT the Titans or the Jets or the Steelers. What those teams have that allowed them to come back from early losses, and what we do NOT have is GOOD COACHING.

You maybe right but, what's with the "reading problem" comment?

Originally posted by swisher
I DO wish you guys had gotten Parcells and not Dallas. If he had been there I bet they win that game.

I bet you're right. And I blame Huizenga for his complacency in keeping the Failure as our head coach.

Nope, it has fallen. Past tense. We come to you now live, from the rubble.

OMT Rik, when we win our next game....will we still have a coaching problem?

You maybe right but, what's with the "reading problem" comment?

Sorry, but I have responded to the whole "the Titans and Jets went 1-4 and made the playoffs" argument about three times now in various threads. Just getting cranky in my old age.

Originally posted by swisher
I

Nope, it has fallen. Past tense. We come to you now live, from the rubble.

That is the dumbest statement I have ever seen.

OMT Rik, when we win our next game....will we still have a coaching problem?

We won 9 last year and still have a coaching problem...
I just wish I knew when the next game we win would come.

Sorry, but I have responded to the whole "the Titans and Jets went 1-4 and made the playoffs" argument about three times now in various threads. Just getting cranky in my old age.

I would never have guessed that you were old.

That is the dumbest statement I have ever seen.

That's your opinion. The sky fell on Dave Wannstedt's coaching tenure in Foxboro last December. All he's done in the offseason is shift the rubble around.

We won 9 last year and still have a coaching problem...
I just wish I knew when the next game we win would come.

So we won 9 games last year due to what exactly? Luck?

Back
Top Bottom