Greetings from Houston | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greetings from Houston

Originally posted by inFINSible

So we won 9 games last year due to what exactly? Luck?

Poor coaching. With the talent on this team last year, we should have won 11 games minimum. ANY good coach could have taken last year's team to the playoffs.

Originally posted by RikWriter

That's your opinion. The sky fell on Dave Wannstedt's coaching tenure in Foxboro last December. All he's done in the offseason is shift the rubble around.

It's possible that you're right again, but after ONE game, you're ready to throw in the towel???

That is CRAZY!

Originally posted by RikWriter

Poor coaching. With the talent on this team last year, we should have won 11 games minimum. ANY good coach could have taken last year's team to the playoffs.

If the players aren't going to listen to Wannstedt then what makes you think they are going to listen to anybody else? Maybe we don't have the talent that everybody thinks we have?

It's possible that you're right again, but after ONE game, you're ready to throw in the towel???

That is CRAZY!

No, what's crazy is that you don't realize that it ISN'T just one game...it's the last two seasons PLUS this one inexcusable loss.
Two years ago, Dave takes us to 11-5 but brings us into the Ravens playoff game so unprepared that we get spanked like red-headed stepchildren. I remember it well, I was at the game.
Last year, we bring in Ricky Williams, he runs for 1850 yards and we REGRESS to 9-7 despite having the leading sack-producer in the NFL, the leading rusher in the NFL and the leading tackler in the NFL.
When you have a team with obvious talent that is underachieving there is only one explanation: COACHING. A blind man could see it...hell, he could SMELL it.
This team is poorly coached and that's been obvious for two years now.

If the players aren't going to listen to Wannstedt then what makes you think they are going to listen to anybody else? Maybe we don't have the talent that everybody thinks we have?

If we don't, it's the fault of Wanny and Speilman. They brought the guys in. It's not as if Huizenga is a stingy owner.

Look Rik, I'm not a big time Wannstedt supporter....as a matter of fact I question his motivational skills alot.....I don't like the way he puts the leadership in the hands of the players....and i don't think he's the smartest coach in the league. For the most part the players that DW has brought in haven't been the problem, they're mostly rookies and young veterans......the elderstatesmen on th team are the ones that year in and year out have dissappointed everyone and those players were inherited not picked.

I still think it's insane to bail on this team after one game. Say all you want about "it's not one game, yada yada yada...." but, it IS just ONE game into THIS season and as far as I can tell...THIS SEASON is the only one that counts right now.

I still think it's insane to bail on this team after one game. Say all you want about "it's not one game, yada yada yada...." but, it IS just ONE game into THIS season and as far as I can tell...THIS SEASON is the only one that counts right now.

But this season doesn't exist in a vacuum, FINS. It is being played by players who were here last season, for the most part. It's being coached by coaches who were here last season. It's being played against teams we played last season. You can't erase history just because it was unpleasant. We can indeed judge how this season will go by looking at the past and judging it against the present.

It's nice that past performance is an indicator of future performance but it's not necessarily set in stone.

I'll never give up until the numbers say we're done. I sure hope that the team feels the same way I do because if they feel the same way that you do, then you're right the sky fell.

It's nice that past performance is an indicator of future performance but it's not necessarily set in stone.

I'll never give up until the numbers say we're done. I sure hope that the team feels the same way I do because if they feel the same way that you do, then you're right the sky fell.

If humiliating losses made the Fins players play better, we would have won two SBs by now.

Back
Top Bottom