Greg Berdad links several free agents to the Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg Berdad links several free agents to the Dolphins

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Brent Grimes:

At his age, he’s looking at his final big contract and after a one-year prove-it deal in Miami, he should get it. He was terrific in man and zone and had 14 passes defensed and four INTs. Best fit: Dolphins. He’s a building block in that defense, and both sides want to deal

Eugene Monroe:

Stood out down the stretch after being acquired from Jaguars and has been a consistent performer. The eighth overall pick in 2009 has age on his side. Best fit: Dolphins. The top two tackles, Monroe and Branden Albert, will find homes in Miami or Arizona.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/02/27/2014-free-agents-nfl-top-50/

Other names Berdard has linked to Dolphins include DT Pat Sims, FS Kendrick Lewis, G Zane Beadles & OT Rodger Saffold.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/02/26/greg-bedard-2014-top-free-agents-100-51/

Follow me on Twitter @robi2184 for all the latest Dolphins news.

Austin Howard could be interesting at RT, solve a problem at RT by stealing him away from the Jets.

The top two tackles, Monroe and Branden Albert, will find homes in Miami or Arizona.

All the reports I have read have said that Monroe will most likely resign with Baltimore. There is a very good chance Miami doesn't sign either of these guys IMO, and Albert is the more likely of the two unfortunately. I only say that about Albert because of his likely contract demands.

I don't see him mention the option of Monroe staying with the Ravens, which is still a strong possibility.

I don't see him mention the option of Monroe staying with the Ravens, which is still a strong possibility.

Well they only have 4 more days to get a contract done or else Monroe holds all of the cards and can determine his own fate. The franchise tag deadline is Monday.

Well they only have 4 more days to get a contract done or else Monroe holds all of the cards and can determine his own fate. The franchise tag deadline is Monday.

Yes true, but the same thing can be said about us and Grimes (who most think is staying). I get the feeling like AFCMiamiEast said they may not be willing to sign either to huge contracts. Also getting the feeling were in no big hurry to hand our older DT's big contract offers either. (The play will probably suffer on the D-line but I can understand some of the caution)

I hate the word several. To me it's used to make the amount seem larger than it is, 3.
Just say 3.

I don't know about Albert, he always demands to be overpaid, and we didn't pull the trigger last year. We're going to have to spend big bucks on Grimes and other players, and I don't know if we'll dish out so much for Albert, who was injured last year.

1374328_206574532854052_1574655574_n-1.jpg

If we can sign Monroe and Beadles we'd be sitting pretty for the draft.

Yes true, but the same thing can be said about us and Grimes (who most think is staying).

We can tag Grimes easily if no contract is worked out by Monday. Its much more difficult for Baltimore to tag Monroe because of their cap situation.

I remain convinced hat Monroe will sign with the Ravens

Back
Top Bottom