Greg Berdad links several free agents to the Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg Berdad links several free agents to the Dolphins

what the...grimes is 31 already...better be careful miami

malcolm jenkins would interest me at free safety...that's a heady player and a good locker room presence...

IMO it looks like if we cannot sign Monroe nor Alberts we draft ZMartin and/or a stud RT and go after Beadles or Asamoah in FA.

we should also target a good T backup in FA.

If we can sign Monroe and Beadles we'd be sitting pretty for the draft.

Exactly how I feel. Signing those two (I really like Asamoah as well) would just open the draft up completely. We wouldn't be picking players out of need but out of overall ability or BPA. Would love to see that.

Sleeping on my boy Anthony Collins! Makes you wonder if he'd really command what some people are projecting here. Arthur Brown and Linval Joseph are intriguing replacements for Soliai, deep DT class. I'm also intrigued by Malcolm Jenkins. Henry Melton on a prove it deal would be great. Also like Vincent Rey but too rich for the money we already have invested.

heAfter spending crazy money last year and not getting the return they were hoping for, the FO will need to be very careful this year. I too would like for us to get a starting T and guard along with a few more pieces but it won't be that simple. If we get Grimes back, the goes a big cunck of money and if they brng back one of the 2 DT's then there goes another big chunck. I'm hope we can fill the holes but I'm not holding my breath.

Ozzy rules!!

heAfter spending crazy money last year and not getting the return they were hoping for, the FO will need to be very careful this year. I too would like for us to get a starting T and guard along with a few more pieces but it won't be that simple. If we get Grimes back, the goes a big cunck of money and if they brng back one of the 2 DT's then there goes another big chunck. I'm hope we can fill the holes but I'm not holding my breath.

Ozzy rules!!

Hickey can't really afford to be careful, he has a lot of holes to fill and is really fighting for his job despite just being hired. If they miss the playoffs again chances are they will clean house.

I agree with Junc that Hickey cannot be too careful or conservative with FA, as he's not going to get 5-7 first year starters out of the draft, and that's a conservative estimate of what we need on both sides of the ball. If he can get at least 3-4 good starters via FA, then we have some flexibility come draft time. Doesn't mean he needs to spend crazy $$, but just smartly on guys that are worth what we are spending the $ for. If the team tanks this off-season, there's no reason to believe Ross won't just completely clean house, so they need to put up or pack up.

I agree he needs to be smart. But he doesnt have as much money to spend as Ireland had last year. He can get 4 new staters but are they great starters or are they just starting cause we have noone else? I'm rooting for the guy but I even tho I live 20 minutes from Disney, I dont live in fantasy land.

Ozzy rules!!

I agree with Junc that Hickey cannot be too careful or conservative with FA, as he's not going to get 5-7 first year starters out of the draft, and that's a conservative estimate of what we need on both sides of the ball.

You probably know there are 11 players on the field on both sides of the ball...unless you're talking about depth players as well, if Miami NEEDED 5-7 1st year starters out of the draft on offense and defense, we'd be picking #1 overall. I don't even think Jacksonville is in that bad of a condition. Cm'on man.

my crystal ball says the left tackle is a free agent signee the right tackle is zach martin with the #19 pick and the left guard is zane beadles in free agency...

my crystal ball says the left tackle is a free agent signee the right tackle is zach martin with the #19 pick and the left guard is zane beadles in free agency...

Is martin a good fit at rt? Keep hearing he is a lg

there is absolutely no way hickey's job is on the line after 1 season. I don't think that has ever happened in the nfl, and it's not about to be the first time, by Miami, if ever. ross gave Ireland many mediocre years.

Back
Top Bottom