Greg Jennings on ESPN this morning: Talks about impending Free Agency | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg Jennings on ESPN this morning: Talks about impending Free Agency

Not since JT teaching Wake. Look how that turned out.

Definitely a strong point. The team, as I've said before and as we all know by now, is in need of Vets. It's invaluable to have them mentor the next generation of players. It also is important to develop that sense of comradery in the locker room. You want these guy to play for each other as well as the fans and organization.

I think this is already a done deal seeing the fact that Philbin and Jennings are close. I don't know what way, but I believe both of them already know. I am sure they have already spoken on the entire situation. I also believe Philbin is honest and would like to help Jennings out by letting him know where he stands with him. I am 50/50 on all the big name WR Free Agents. Maybe leaning towards Jennings a bit over Wallace because of his charcter. It is a tough call that I sure hope they get right.

Definitely a strong point. The team, as I've said before and as we all know by now, is in need of Vets. It's invaluable to have them mentor the next generation of players. It also is important to develop that sense of comradery in the locker room. You want these guy to play for each other as well as the fans and organization.

Honestly this is what makes some franchises great and others not. Obviously drafting well is key but we see other teams have nobodies turn into stars all the time. we never seem to ahve this happen because with all the changing of regimes we have gotten rid of our vets or real pros and then don't have nayone teaching guys how to really break down game tape. Look at NE, Pitt, GB, Balt just to name a few. They ahve been good for 10 15 years because they continue bring in good young talent but also have guys in place to teach them. This is why Pitt never signs FA LBs, they just keep bringing them in and teaching them the Steeler way.

Honestly this is what makes some franchises great and others not. Obviously drafting well is key but we see other teams have nobodies turn into stars all the time. we never seem to ahve this happen because with all the changing of regimes we have gotten rid of our vets or real pros and then don't have nayone teaching guys how to really break down game tape. Look at NE, Pitt, GB, Balt just to name a few. They ahve been good for 10 15 years because they continue bring in good young talent but also have guys in place to teach them. This is why Pitt never signs FA LBs, they just keep bringing them in and teaching them the Steeler way.

Absolutely, the only constant on the team in the last decade was JT, with the exception of 1 year. Too much instability, but I'm hoping this is the regime that really changes that trend. I do have a good feeling about this one. Thats why this FA and draft is so very important for our turnaround.

I don't know. Goodell is such a disciplinarian, and wouldn't this be considered tampering? I'm not sure that either side is going to run the risk. I could however see "sources" talking amongst each other and "rumors" being traded between the camps.

Guaranteed it's already happening. Tampering is one of those things that happens rampantly, it's just only punished when it's blatant...

He also said that he is embracing the opportunity to leave because there are a lot of great organizations out there, but also because he "has to" embrace is. He also eluded to the Packers putting him in that position. My guess is that he gave them a number, and they rejected it.

I take it more as he was not offered an extension prior to him playing out his last year of his contract. Either way I'm sure he knows that Green Bay is comfortable with the other receivers on their roster and he is well aware of the fact that he can get more money elsewhere.

I take it more as he was not offered an extension prior to him playing out his last year of his contract. Either way I'm sure he knows that Green Bay is comfortable with the other receivers on their roster and he is well aware of the fact that he can get more money elsewhere.
The Packers have way too many guys who need extensions that they're going to splurge on Jennings. Ted Thompson is just too good at drafting receivers. They already have his replacement on the roster.

Back
Top Bottom