Greg Jerman-starting right tackle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg Jerman-starting right tackle

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
Here is the wake up call.

Q.

re: your article on Todd Wade, what about John Tait, Chad Clifton, and Orlando Brown? Those seem like "gettable" O linemen -- is there something I don't know?
Chad, Torrington, WY 2/21/04

A.

Brown is going to re-sign. Tait is too expensive and Clifton was offered a $10 million signing bonus already.
Jason Cole 3/01/04

Q.

J.C. what do you say about this? Wade should be teams #1 priority. $5 Mil per year is not a lot to ask for a proven Tackle. Solidify the RT Guard and Center spots with the young guys there (or go after D Woody if the price is right and if they aren't ready).

A.

Based on what is out there, you're probably right about re-signing Todd Wade. Woody is also a good candidate at guard. Him or Villarial.
Jason Cole 3/01/04

now todd wade was asking for about $500,000 less per year, and $1 mil less of a signing bonus

these two are NO WHERE NEAR equal when comparing talent and ability

Your math needs work.

how so?

wade wanted $25 mil for 5 years ~ $5 mil per year, making a 6 year contract $30 mil(approx.)

Clifton got $32.4 for 6 years ~ $5.4 mil per year

Wade wanted $10 mil signing bonus, Clifton got $11 mil

where was my math wrong?

not being a jack@ss or anything, im actually curious if my math was off now...my logic makes sense, right? tell me it makes sense!!

According to today's news, Wade sounds like he's going to walk. To be fair, a lot of guys act negative for the sake of posturing, so I wouldn't buy it just yet. But, if Wade does walk, we could be in real trouble. This is a VERY thin market for RTs.

Originally posted by ZOD
Chad Clifton 6 years 32.4 million dollars that includes an 11 million dollar signing bonus.

But Clifton plays left tackle. And he is a better player overall.....even after breaking his pelvis.

Back
Top Bottom