Grier Attempted to Trade Back into 1st Round | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grier Attempted to Trade Back into 1st Round

I don't disagree the team has improved. I give credit to Grier for hiring McDaniel and for the coach bringing the offense up to speed. It was expensive getting Tyreek but I get it. I liked the Ramsey move.

The draft isn't always about who you picked, it's usually about who you didn't pick. Draft picks are huge assets and you better make each one count to the max. That is where I am not impressed with Grier. Teams need a surplus of young, inexpensive talent.

I think Grier has been here too long and that the team needs a GM change.

Agree, my response was too flippant. It was getting late...

All good man, listen I thought the same until I actually looked into everything I just posted and his draft hit rate is very good. On top of that I think his contracts are all fantastic. Hopefully we’ll see this with Tua as well but for the most part he doesn’t give out overpaid deals which is why hunt and Wilkins walked and usually gets some steals. We’ve never been locked into a bad deal. Even the Ogbah contract that really only made it one year into extension we ended up cutting ties and saving something like 13 million which was like 70% of his salary.

Talking about missed picks isn’t the way to look at it, every Gm takes a player when there’s better ones on the board. Can’t play Monday morning Gm. There’s not a single Gm that you can go back and look at their history and scratch your head why they took this guy when this all pro was still on the board, every single one has multiple blunders.

Grier drafts well. I think his trades could be dis

Grier drafts very well. His trades are more questionable. The Chubb trade, in particular, probably cost Miami Wilkins.

I mean we got Ramsey for peanuts and hill was as even as you can get. Chubbs tough to judge because at the time Miami’s offense was ripping and the defense was bottom 10th ranked. Needed a splash move. Underwhelmed the first year but was in his way to a career year this year when we decided to give him meaningless snaps. He also had one of the most impactful plays his first year on the playoffs vs buffalo. Miami was down 3 and he strip sacked Allen on buffalo’s final drive. Had we recovered either would have won or tied. At the very least gave Miami the ball back with a chance to tie or score on final drive unfortunately we had Skylar at qb.

Either way Wilkins was a goner. He’s not worth that salary even if we had the money.

I mean we got Ramsey for peanuts and hill was as even as you can get. Chubbs tough to judge because at the time Miami’s offense was ripping and the defense was bottom 10th ranked. Needed a splash move. Underwhelmed the first year but was in his way to a career year this year when we decided to give him meaningless snaps. He also had one of the most impactful plays his first year on the playoffs vs buffalo. Miami was down 3 and he strip sacked Allen on buffalo’s final drive. Had we recovered either would have won or tied. At the very least gave Miami the ball back with a chance to tie or score on final drive unfortunately we had Skylar at qb.

Either way Wilkins was a goner. He’s not worth that salary even if we had the money.
That's fair. I prefer a GM who takes chances. Not everything is going to work out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom