Grier Attempted to Trade Back into 1st Round | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grier Attempted to Trade Back into 1st Round

Literally explained both how he’s nailed the draft and roster. Took some time but being dealt Adam Gase and Flores as your coaches probably played a massive part in that.

Feel free to point out any point that I said being wrong instead of a useless post though. Again that’s a massive first round hit rate when average is right around 52% and atleast for the last two years Miami’s had at minimum a top 5 talented roster.
I understand, Chris Grier is the greatest roster building GM that has never won a single playoff game. As I said in another thread, if he has that unbelievably high hit rate, why doesn’t it amount to anything after being the GM for how long now?

So Xavier Worthy is fastest guy ever and also returns punts but we just let Kansas City take him and basically you can give KC the three peat for sure cuz grier is an absolute moron for going with Berrios as the worst punt returner ever and a joke of a 3rd WR what a let down. But so used to it

Worthy is a 3rd/4th round wideout that’s hyped up due to speed. He’s not tyreek, he’s not jaylen waddle. He’s not a very good route runner and dude looks 165 pounds soaking wet. Our system is all about route running, he would of been a terrible addition in the first as well as a 3rd wideout, that dude would be dead playing in the slot.

I understand, Chris Grier is the greatest roster building GM that has never won a single playoff game. As I said in another thread, if he has that unbelievably high hit rate, why doesn’t it amount to anything after being the GM for how long now?

Gm’s don’t play games, they provide the talent, that’s it.

Miami’s had a top 5 talented roster.

Why they didn’t perform comes down a bunch of things between scheme/coaching/injuries.

Qb-Tua has been top 5 in every passing category last two years

Rb Mostert one of the most efficient of not the most efficient runners in the league then added achane who looks like an elite talent.

Wideout-tyreek and waddle best duo in the league

Oline- they weren’t good due to injuries. Want to take a guess the one game they played together? Give you a hint, offense put up one of the highest totals in nfl history. This unit wasn’t talent void, armstead elite when he plays, Wynn was very good until injury, Williams first ranked C, hunt just got paid 20 million a year and Jackson is a very solid RT. The issue was the backups getting injured. Lamm was a nice fill in for Armstead and Robert Jones looked fantastic a few games at RG, which I expect him to start this year and surprise most of you. The wheels really fell off when you had Lamm,Jones and Eich sometimes even their backups at time all get forced to play together. You have to have some stability. Asking a guy to play between armstead and Williams is fine they can help out the less skilled player but when you have games like Tennessee where there’s no Armstead, no Williams and no even Hunt you now how 4 guys in a row that are backups and Jackson can only help so much. It’s rare teams have 5 good linemen asking a team to be 9 linemen deep and expecting 6 through 9 to all play at the same time is bound to fail.

Dline- I think we all are aware of what Wilkins got paid and the nfl viewed him as an elite talent then you had Sieler right next to him who I think is just as good.

Edge-Philips and Chubb and maybe the best third rusher in van ginkel hard to find a trio better than that. All got hurt with two of them at times when they shouldn’t of been in the game.

Lb- was a little weak. Long was a gem FA signing and unit crumbled after baker went down. We’ve fixed this unit with a major upgrade over baker this year in brooks but really only weak point going into the year on the team.

Secondary- Howard/Ramsey/Holland/Elliot again tough to find a better secondary and even with depth you had Needham, drafted Smith who who knows about then had Kader who was coming off a great rookie season

There’s absolutely no reason that team should have finished 22 and 24th in the last two years. That’s bottom 10. That D is way too talented for bottom 10. Was clear coaching/scheme had been awful then the injuries made it worse.

You’d be hard pressed to find a 5 more talented rosters the last two years.

Last edited:
I would move up for Jer’Zhan Newton and continue to add juice to that DL. that would be a home run situation in terms of immediate boost.

Those are the guys you need to take down Mahomes.

A lot of DT talent still out there.

Would pain me to not get any oline but man Chop and Newton would make a killer combo to add to the D. Wonder if we’ll be keeping our 1st next year lol

So Xavier Worthy is fastest guy ever and also returns punts but we just let Kansas City take him and basically you can give KC the three peat for sure cuz grier is an absolute moron for going with Berrios as the worst punt returner ever and a joke of a 3rd WR what a let down. But so used to it
Yes, Worthy is the reason Kansas City will three peat, if they do...

Gm’s don’t play games, they provide the talent, that’s it.

Miami’s had a top 5 talented roster.

Why they didn’t perform comes down a bunch of things between scheme/coaching/injuries.

Qb-Tua has been top 5 in every passing category last two years

Rb Mostert one of the most efficient of not the most efficient runners in the league then added achane who looks like an elite talent.

Wideout-tyreek and waddle best duo in the league

Oline- they weren’t good due to injuries. Want to take a guess the one game they played together? Give you a hint, offense put up one of the highest totals in nfl history. This unit wasn’t talent void, armstead elite when he plays, Wynn was very good until injury, Williams first ranked C, hunt just got paid 20 million a year and Jackson is a very solid RT. The issue was the backups getting injured. Lamm was a nice fill in for Armstead and Robert Jones looked fantastic a few games at RG, which I expect him to start this year and surprise most of you. The wheels really fell off when you had Lamm,Jones and Eich sometimes even their backups at time all get forced to play together. You have to have some stability. Asking a guy to play between armstead and Williams is fine they can help out the less skilled player but when you have games like Tennessee where there’s no Armstead, no Williams and no even Hunt you now how 4 guys in a row that are backups and Jackson can only help so much. It’s rare teams have 5 good linemen asking a team to be 9 linemen deep and expecting 6 through 9 to all play at the same time is bound to fail.

Dline- I think we all are aware of what Wilkins got paid and the nfl viewed him as an elite talent then you had Sieler right next to him who I think is just as good.

Edge-Philips and Chubb and maybe the best third rusher in van ginkel hard to find a trio better than that. All got hurt with two of them at times when they shouldn’t of been in the game.

Lb- was a little weak. Long was a gem FA signing and unit crumbled after baker went down. We’ve fixed this unit with a major upgrade over baker this year in brooks but really only weak point going into the year on the team.

Secondary- Howard/Ramsey/Holland/Elliot again tough to find a better secondary and even with depth you had Needham, drafted Smith who who knows about then had Kader who was coming off a great rookie season

There’s absolutely no reason that team should have finished 22 and 24th in the last two years. That’s bottom 10. That D is way too talented for bottom 10. Was clear coaching/scheme had been awful then the injuries made it worse.

You’d be hard pressed to find a 5 more talented rosters the last two years.
Sort of a wasted post responding to the Grier hater.

We apparently offered our 2025 1+…. Rumors that it was to move up for Tyler Guyton or Xavier Worthy. So ****ing glad this didn’t go down. Would never trade a future 1 to move up for anything other than a franchise changing player.

I like Worthy too. I’m one of the few here who would have been happy with him at 21. Not at that price point though.

This does show their intent though. 55 + 2025 3 (we have three 3rds) can get us into the 40-45 range and that’s a move I more expect them to look into.

I'm glad he didn't manage to do this. I'm so tired of mortgaging future picks for mediocre players (see Eich as the most recent example of an overpay to move up to get the worst guy in a tier).

I would move up for Jer’Zhan Newton and continue to add juice to that DL. that would be a home run situation in terms of immediate boost.

Those are the guys you need to take down Mahomes.

A lot of DT talent still out there.
Should have taken him at 21.

Grier's hit percentage is higher than most. Those that micro focus on the misses while crying big fat tears... are kind of funny.

Hell... every team has misses... and any 2nd pick who ever succeeded will be used to prove the everybody knew Grier shoulda...

Some are actual trolls, some are just brothers who like to pretend they are smarter than NFL people... either way, just laugh and move on.
The problem has not be his hit percentage, it has been the level of talent drafted when All Pro players were picked within a few spots of guys we took. The two best players Grier has drafted were traded for more picks.

Xavier Howard and Jason Sanders are the only 1st team All-Pro players Grier has drafted as a GM that earned the honor playing for us. We had 5 picks in the top 56 in 2020 and 4 picks in the top 42 in 2020 and came out with a single player who made a Pro Bowl (Tua) and zero All-Pros (so far). Both classes had elite talent and we had the picks to take any number of those guys.

To clarify I don’t think Grier is a bad GM. He gets a solid B+ for me. But I do think his drafting deserves a level of criticism because he has passed over a lot of elite prospects.

The only thing that could have disappointed me more than missing on Barton, Thomas AND Mitchell would have been trading future picks to move back into the 1st and take Worthy. Thank God that did not work out at least.

Im starting to think that our roster is so ****ing bad that whoever he picks starts. Which would explain his ****ing hit rate.

Charles Harris' dick keeps slapping Grier in the face.

Back
Top Bottom