Grier Attempted to Trade Back into 1st Round | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grier Attempted to Trade Back into 1st Round

So Xavier Worthy is fastest guy ever and also returns punts but we just let Kansas City take him and basically you can give KC the three peat for sure cuz grier is an absolute moron for going with Berrios as the worst punt returner ever and a joke of a 3rd WR what a let down. But so used to it
Is that draft over? Free Agency over?

I didn't realize the draft had only 1 round in it

Dodged that bullet for now.

Chris wants to mortgage the future with a depleted roster while turning down multiple offers for additional picks.

His one opportunity to move up two slots to land Fautanu, he's out getting coffee.

The weakest link in Miami is the GM...
No rush to judgement there! I love the analysis of a player before he even flies to Miami.

We apparently offered our 2025 1+…. Rumors that it was to move up for Tyler Guyton or Xavier Worthy. So ****ing glad this didn’t go down. Would never trade a future 1 to move up for anything other than a franchise changing player.

I like Worthy too. I’m one of the few here who would have been happy with him at 21. Not at that price point though.

This does show their intent though. 55 + 2025 3 (we have three 3rds) can get us into the 40-45 range and that’s a move I more expect them to look into.
Agree....wouldn't be surprised to see something along those lines happen today....

Literally explained both how he’s nailed the draft and roster. Took some time but being dealt Adam Gase and Flores as your coaches probably played a massive part in that.

Feel free to point out any point that I said being wrong instead of a useless post though. Again that’s a massive first round hit rate when average is right around 52% and atleast for the last two years Miami’s had at minimum a top 5 talented roster.
He doesn't want to debate this with you. You included way too much accuracy in your post and that doesn't leave room for emotional reactions.

Well done!

If I'm Chris Grier and the draft is moving along, I call every team to see what it would take to move up from 55, if there were players I liked.

Doesn't mean he was willing to part with anything significant, but it'd be silly not to ask.

Always hoping for someone to go full retard.

Dodged that bullet for now.

Chris wants to mortgage the future with a depleted roster while turning down multiple offers for additional picks.

His one opportunity to move up two slots to land Fautanu, he's out getting coffee.

The weakest link in Miami is the GM...
Im starting to think you're right.

Worthy is a 3rd/4th round wideout that’s hyped up due to speed. He’s not tyreek, he’s not jaylen waddle. He’s not a very good route runner and dude looks 165 pounds soaking wet. Our system is all about route running, he would of been a terrible addition in the first as well as a 3rd wideout, that dude would be dead playing in the slot.
He’s ted ginn without the family

The only way he could have traded back into the first round would have required he trade away their 2025 first round pick since they have no picks until the 5th round once they get past the second round today.

Thankfully no team was willing to make a trade with Grier. He already screwed up his first round pick this year. So watching him screw up another first round pick this year while losing their 2025 first round pick would have just too much for me.

I want to thank the teams who refused to trade with Grier. They obviously realized Dolphin fans had already suffered enough with Grier’s first round pick last night.

Grier's hit percentage is higher than most. Those that micro focus on the misses while crying big fat tears... are kind of funny.

Hell... every team has misses... and any 2nd pick who ever succeeded will be used to prove the everybody knew Grier shoulda...

Some are actual trolls, some are just brothers who like to pretend they are smarter than NFL people... either way, just laugh and move on.
I have been a big supporter of Grier in recent years. I think overall he has done a good job of rebuilding the roster after 2019.

I just don’t like the drafting of Robinson. He will likely end up just backing up Chubb and Phillips once they are healthy and I’ll be surprised if he is still a Miami Dolphin in 4 years.

I preferred an offensive lineman with that pick. I think Barton could have come in and become a solid starter ion the OL immediately and OL was a much bigger need IMO.

I have been a big supporter of Grier in recent years. I think overall he has done a good job of rebuilding the roster after 2019.

I just don’t like the drafting of Robinson. He will likely end up just backing up Chubb and Phillips once they are healthy and I’ll be surprised if he is still a Miami Dolphin in 4 years.

I preferred an offensive lineman with that pick. I think Barton could have come in and become a solid starter ion the OL immediately and OL was a much bigger need IMO.
I believe the new DC is big on rotation but seriously we would be ****ed with both Chubb and Philipps rehabbing in the first part of the season.

I would move up for Jer’Zhan Newton and continue to add juice to that DL. that would be a home run situation in terms of immediate boost.

Those are the guys you need to take down Mahomes.

A lot of DT talent still out there.
That might not be a bad idea. I also like Orhorhorro and Hall, from Ohio State. Both could be available at 55.

Have to think Miami takes an offensive lineman next, but who knows.

2016:Tunsil
2017: Charles Harris
2018: minkah
2019 wilkins
2020: Tua/Jackson/Iggy
2021: Philips/ waddle

That’s 7/9 hits in the 1st round, I doubt there’s a better hit rate than that by any Gm in the league. The more impressive part is Tunsil/minkah/Wilkins/Tua, waddle are not only very good nfl starters but pro bowl/all pro level and honestly Phillips looked to be on his way to that prior to injury.

Not only that but Miami’s been one of the most talented rosters in the nfl, that’s his job to bring in talent. I’d say they’ve underachieved due to coaching and injures but the talent has been there.

I get people being upset about not getting position of choice sure a lot wanted Oline but what your saying is just not true or supported in any way.
Grier drafts well. I think his trades could be dis
2016:Tunsil
2017: Charles Harris
2018: minkah
2019 wilkins
2020: Tua/Jackson/Iggy
2021: Philips/ waddle

That’s 7/9 hits in the 1st round, I doubt there’s a better hit rate than that by any Gm in the league. The more impressive part is Tunsil/minkah/Wilkins/Tua, waddle are not only very good nfl starters but pro bowl/all pro level and honestly Phillips looked to be on his way to that prior to injury.

Not only that but Miami’s been one of the most talented rosters in the nfl, that’s his job to bring in talent. I’d say they’ve underachieved due to coaching and injures but the talent has been there.

I get people being upset about not getting position of choice sure a lot wanted Oline but what your saying is just not true or supported in any way.
Grier drafts very well. His trades are more questionable. The Chubb trade, in particular, probably cost Miami Wilkins.

Worthy is a 3rd/4th round wideout that’s hyped up due to speed. He’s not tyreek, he’s not jaylen waddle. He’s not a very good route runner and dude looks 165 pounds soaking wet. Our system is all about route running, he would of been a terrible addition in the first as well as a 3rd wideout, that dude would be dead playing in the slot.
He's actually a very good route runner. I made assumptions based on the hype but his film showed a very good WR. He was reasonably in the conversation for #4 WR overall. I had him above the poor fitting BTJ.

Literally explained both how he’s nailed the draft and roster. Took some time but being dealt Adam Gase and Flores as your coaches probably played a massive part in that.

Feel free to point out any point that I said being wrong instead of a useless post though. Again that’s a massive first round hit rate when average is right around 52% and atleast for the last two years Miami’s had at minimum a top 5 talented roster.
I don't disagree the team has improved. I give credit to Grier for hiring McDaniel and for the coach bringing the offense up to speed. It was expensive getting Tyreek but I get it. I liked the Ramsey move.

The draft isn't always about who you picked, it's usually about who you didn't pick. Draft picks are huge assets and you better make each one count to the max. That is where I am not impressed with Grier. Teams need a surplus of young, inexpensive talent.

I think Grier has been here too long and that the team needs a GM change.

Agree, my response was too flippant. It was getting late...

As for Chop, the comparison that seemed most spot on was Von Miller. Chop would not have been my choice but any argument that he isn't a good player is baseless.

Back
Top Bottom