Grier Combine Notes. Keep Waddle, Maybe X? Latest on Tua Contract!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grier Combine Notes. Keep Waddle, Maybe X? Latest on Tua Contract!!!!

so it looks like we won't see the cap benefits of the extension before free agency

I'll humble him
Herpes is forever. | Reminders Ecard

Well, then I don't know how to get anyone to the Dolphins Rock section. Might as well shut it down.
You could try putting an advert for the area, explaining its positive theme, in your signature.

Of course, you would have to actually post in the main and/or 347 so ppl know about it.

This is definitely a different spot for Grier as GM.

It’ll be interesting to see how many of those 1st and 2nd round picks from the 2019 firesale and Tunsil trade make it to second contracts with the team.

I would do that if I were on the clock and my top targets were gone. And by my targets, I don't literally mean the guys I like but the guys they like. I know a lot of posters like to remind others that we aren't actually the GM.

Me too.

But, like you said only if their guy is off the board. For me, it's Mims or JPJ. If they are gone, I'm trading down
Of course, not sure who MM and Griers guys are.

Personally, I am not giving up the chance to get JPJ just to get an extra 2nd or 3rd and a random player who we do not know is there. Im not trading down saying " well, I can get Barton or Morgan" You never know.

I, personally would rather use next year's picks to get more picks this year. I know Many will disagree. But that's just me.

Me too.

But, like you said only if their guy is off the board. For me, it's Mims or JPJ. If they are gone, I'm trading down
Of course, not sure who MM and Griers guys are.

Personally, I am not giving up the chance to get JPJ just to get an extra 2nd or 3rd and a random player who we do not know is there. Im not trading down saying " well, I can get Barton or Morgan" You never know.

I, personally would rather use next year's picks to get more picks this year. I know Many will disagree. But that's just me.
With Grier on the hot seat to win now before the window closes and Ross getting up in age I can see us using picks from next year to move up and acquire picks this year. We know if Wilkins and others leave in FA we will get comp picks. Let likely 3’s so nit against giving up a 3rd next year to move up and get JPJ and lock up that position for 10 years. 2nd round will also be either OL or TE as well. Amazing how Grier has screwed up such a haul from 2019 where we had cap space and multiple picks only to come out of it with cap hell and missed on so many picks. How do you draft a first round tackle, 2 guards in the 2nd, a 3rd round TE, sign two high end FA in Armstead and Williams and still have holes all over the line and at TE. Amazingly stupid picks is how.

With Grier on the hot seat to win now before the window closes and Ross getting up in age I can see us using picks from next year to move up and acquire picks this year. We know if Wilkins and others leave in FA we will get comp picks. Let likely 3’s so nit against giving up a 3rd next year to move up and get JPJ and lock up that position for 10 years. 2nd round will also be either OL or TE as well. Amazing how Grier has screwed up such a haul from 2019 where we had cap space and multiple picks only to come out of it with cap hell and missed on so many picks. How do you draft a first round tackle, 2 guards in the 2nd, a 3rd round TE, sign two high end FA in Armstead and Williams and still have holes all over the line and at TE. Amazingly stupid picks is how.

I hear you.

I am a HUGE critiscizee of our O line and the efforts made to fix it.

However, last years starting O line ( armstead/Wynn/Williams/Hunt and Jackson was actually REALLY good.

Unfortunately injuries took hold. It appears Hunt is gone, Williams is an uncertainty with health and demands, Armstead is Armstead and Wynn is a FA.

Miami may very well need to immediately replace 3 IOL and plan for Armsteads replacement next year.

This is the draft to do it.

If Miami gets JPJ at 21. I would have no problem trading our 1st next year to say the 49ers to get Barton as well. Heck, what if Mims falls to 30 or farther? Perfect situation to have him learn behind Armstead, fill in when he's hurt and be ready to go next year.

Again, it's a matter of who MM and Grier like.

But this is the year to to fix the O line
Even D line is solid this draft.
Safeties- Nubin, Kinchens/ Bullard
Lber- decent selection of guys in the 2nd or 3rd- Cooper/ Wilson/ Gray/ Trotter.

This draft is surprisingly strong in the areas Miami needs to upgrade, fix or repair. Miami will also most likely be picking 32nd ne at year. So thar should be considered

I want to not have to worry about the O line again for 3-5 years.i know some say you can't just replace the line with rookies. That's typically true. But with Miamis offensive scheme and Tuas quick release, this is the perfect scenario for say 3 starting rookies to get their feet wet, learn on the job with some pressure taken off of then due to the schene.

Last edited:
Well, then I don't know how to get anyone to the Dolphins Rock section. Might as well shut it down.
I understand what it is you were trying to do with the sub and it's OK. It's a non-negative place to view Miami news.

However, the key to a discussion board is and always has been differing opinions. You have to have the ying and yang in order for debate to occur, negativity is part of that cycle.

I've always told posters this simple thing, if you see a person who ruffles your feathers with the bulk of their posts, don't reply. It's that easy. It also makes it much easier for the mods to weed the grass and keep the yard in order.

I don't have a problem with the redirects and links to discussion in the Dolphins Rock section but if a debate breaks out in a thread in the main, that's exactly what the board is intended for.

No way we trade next year‘s first pick unless it’s for an absolute stud at a high cost position. This draft is deep for lineman. No need to sell the farm for one particular guy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom