Grier Combine Notes. Keep Waddle, Maybe X? Latest on Tua Contract!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grier Combine Notes. Keep Waddle, Maybe X? Latest on Tua Contract!!!!

The lack of round 3 and 4 picks is a problem and if there is a way to get one of those back....I would certainly be willing to listen, however it is a deep draft for what we need. Unless we got an amazing deal, I would stay where with what we have

How about stop trying to censor people when they have a different view than only positive... thats probably a good start
Seems like a lot of people on here have become satisfied with mediocrity. Decades of watching this team fail, yet you are scrutinized if you even hint at anything negative or have a different opinion.

The lack of round 3 and 4 picks is a problem and if there is a way to get one of those back....I would certainly be willing to listen, however it is a deep draft for what we need. Unless we got an amazing deal, I would stay where with what we have
It definitely is an issue. Grier is so inept at drafting that he has to trade picks to acquire players to fill gaps which causes two problems. Lack of draft picks for us to get talent, and then cap issues because we are giving guys huge salaries to cover for draft errors - Hill, Chubb, Armstead, Ogbah… We are now way over the cap and without picks and tons of holes to fill on oline, TE, WR, LB, DB and still need to sign our QB for $40-50 million. Grier is ripping off Ross big time, and Ross has too much $$ and not a lot of time left.

It definitely is an issue. Grier is so inept at drafting that he has to trade picks to acquire players to fill gaps which causes two problems. Lack of draft picks for us to get talent, and then cap issues because we are giving guys huge salaries to cover for draft errors - Hill, Chubb, Armstead, Ogbah… We are now way over the cap and without picks and tons of holes to fill on oline, TE, WR, LB, DB and still need to sign our QB for $40-50 million. Grier is ripping off Ross big time, and Ross has too much $$ and not a lot of time left.
We have 6 picks in this draft......the normal and league average is 7. We lost a pick due to Ross's tampering this year in the 3rd round, so that aside, we would have our normal number of picks available and I think this would look much different.

Still a ways to go yet with some potential restructuring and player moves. Lets see what happens....

I think Xavien is going to be a bit humbled by what he will get on the open market.
He’ll probably get a similar deal as Stephon Gilmore did a year or two ago. Which is much more than we would pay him.

He’ll probably get a similar deal as Stephon Gilmore did a year or two ago. Which is much more than we would pay him.
IDK. Gilmore has, historically, been a much healthier player. Less of a "risk", IMO.

Me too.

But, like you said only if their guy is off the board. For me, it's Mims or JPJ. If they are gone, I'm trading down
Of course, not sure who MM and Griers guys are.

Personally, I am not giving up the chance to get JPJ just to get an extra 2nd or 3rd and a random player who we do not know is there. Im not trading down saying " well, I can get Barton or Morgan" You never know.

I, personally would rather use next year's picks to get more picks this year. I know Many will disagree. But that's just me.

I think Mims will be a Dolphin for the simple reason he can't seem to stay healthy.

If Miami loses Wilkins, but can get deals done with other young players like Waddle, Holland and Phillips, that would be a lot easier to take.

Maybe Hunt and Van Ginkel as well.

I don't want Waddle traded, but I'd like to see someone light a fire under his ass. For someone with his talent, he severely underperformed last year.

Didn't Gilmore get 2/20? I feel like we would pay that, actually.
$14 million per based on guaranteed money which was guaranteed first year I think. So really it was like a 1 year $14 million deal. Guaranteed money is done

IDK. Gilmore has, historically, been a much healthier player. Less of a "risk", IMO.
Yeah maybe. I’m happy to let X walk. I’m of the opinion we should’ve traded him back in 2020/21 and dealt with that position then with a younger less injury prone db back then.

Back
Top Bottom