Grier Has A Eye For Haskins But Likely Wont Trade Up | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grier Has A Eye For Haskins But Likely Wont Trade Up

what offense are we running. we need to be able to adjust to qb. that we pick. when it come to running a offense. what work in N.E. aint going work in Miami. try some new stuff as well.

Yes I am assuming a NE based offense and he would be perfect. Why can't we run it? A precise and accurate QB is the centerpiece. I think Haskins or a Tua could be that guy. You saying it won't work without any explanation is not an answer. What new stuff? As much as I hate NE whatever they run works. Period.

I think the front office is in a very unique type situation here, obviously your not just comparing qbs in this class, but you have to compare to next year as well, considering the new regime, and the outlook of this years team, they have to be practical in this approach to addressing the qb of the future.

Haskins has hi level potential for sure, but seeing what he looked like and how he played as a redshirt freshman, relative to his junior season, bothers me..it just does, I don’t have privy of being able to be a fly on the wall to see the makeup, but I would like some answers why he let himself go, and how he changed his game a bit because if it.

The way he moves and the relative speed/quickness in that video displayed is evident, so if he’s there at 13 and he wants to be a dolphin, and Grier wants him to be a dolphin, he absolutely must address the stark difference, at 21 years old he’s going in reverse as far as his body and agility goes, and I know they’re basically kids without a budget, but regardless, there is some explaining to do imo.

Other than that, he’s a good prospect.

Do I want to take him and sacrifice the talent in next years draft.?

I don’t think I could.

I think Lock is going to be a major flop in the NFL. Blake Bortles type of flop.
To me, he is the biggest wildcard of this class. Lock needs a coach who can re-do his footwork. That is his major problem and has affected his accuracy. At times, he is also too much of a risk taker, getting overaggressive. I think a good quarterback coach could really turn him around, though.

Miami is preparing itself with draft picks to potentially move up whether that is now or in 2020. Love what the front office is doing. I guess the question becomes do they love one of the quarterbacks from 2019? I could see the organization falling in love with Haskins. I just don't know how far the team would need to move up. I assume he doesn't get past the New York Giants, but the Raiders are a possibility at #4 too. Gruden loves quarterbacks and Carr isn't top 10. Will be interesting to see what the Raiders do.

My sense is it might take a move all the way to #2 with the SF 49ers to get Haskins. That would be very costly, but it's a move you make if you firmly believe that's a franchise guy.

If Lock gets past Denver, he should get the #13. That's a tough one for me. I don't like aspects of his game, especially his footwork. Ironically, if Gase was still the head coach in Miami, I think he would be a perfect fit.

I like (don't love) Haskins but I wouldn't trade up for him. We need all our picks and if the front office prefers to wait on QB for 2020 then be patient. If he's there at 13 that's when things get interesting and we can forget about 2020 QB class. We have other needs anyways.

fwiw the guy is a self-proclaimed #HaskinsDenier (he made up that hash tag, not me)

dwayne is within 2 tenths of a second of basically all those guys...and he's still faster than tom brady

i think dan marino ran a 4.89 , foles ran a 5.14....you can go on....

everyone knows dwayne slow but if he's not successful in the nfl it won't be because he wasn't fast enough

If Grier thinks Haskins will be an elite NFL talent then you get him at all costs. Period.

Thank you... to let a QB you have conviction on get away because of a couple draft picks that probably won’t enter the hall of fame?

No... now my conviction is Drew Lock... But if he feels Haskins is the guy...go get him!

https://twitter.com/JReidNFL/status/1088538709736280064

We’ve been waiting all week at the Senior Bowl for one of the QBs in this crop to separate themselves from the pack. Drew Lock did that today. He was great.

https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1088538709736280064

I like Haskins, but after seeing him in his pro day i kind of got worried about his stamina. He looked winded, and somewhat overweight. I get worried about someone like that working under the South Florida heat day in and day out

Of the plunder of QB talent coming out the next couple of years, if Grier determines Haskins is his guy i have a strong feeling this regime isn't going to work out.

Not a fan of Haskins.

He looked winded, and somewhat overweight. I get worried about someone like that working under the South Florida heat day in and day out

Did you see Tom Brady’s physical appearance at the combine way back when? Something tells me Tommy boy would have turned out ok playing in the South Florida heat had he been drafted by Miami.

First, the guy will adjust and acclimate. Second, athleticism and speed for a QB are often overrated. There are so many HOF level QB’s that were average or even below average athletes.

The only things that matter: Can the kid sling it? Is he accurate? Does he have high football IQ? Is he a leader? Is he coachable? Can he ad lib and make some plays for time to time when protection breaks down?

If the answers to all those question is ‘yes’ then the athleticism doesn’t matter. At all.

Back
Top Bottom