Griese Contract Offer.../Spoken like a self serving nitwit | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Griese Contract Offer.../Spoken like a self serving nitwit

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
Griese Contract Offer.....

What does everyone think of the current contract offer??....

Personally, I wouldn't have signed the Phinz contract offer either.....

It's a bad contract. It's loaded with unreachable incentives, and ridiculous expectations for a back-up QB.....

I think both sides need to sit down, throw away the first offer, and start over with a more realistic offer. Unless Rick and Dave are going to let Griese start right away, the current contract offer is not acceptable IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:cool:

Re: Griese Contract Offer.....

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
What does everyone think of the current contract offer??....

Personally, I wouldn't have signed the Phinz contract offer either.....

It's a bad contract. It's loaded with unreachable incentives, and ridiculous expectations for a back-up QB.....

I think both sides need to sit down, throw away the first offer, and start over with a more realistic offer. Unless Rick and Dave are going to let Griese start right away, the current contract offer is not acceptable IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:cool:

Well he has to understand he is the backup QB and his agent deal is ludacris.Griese needs the Dolphins more than Dolphins need him and he has to understand that or hit the road.THe Dolphins have options and Griese is running out of options.

The guy is already causing problems now. Wait until he signs

Anyone know whether statistically $1.5M is a good offer?

:confused:

for the services of a backup. It must be around what Lucas was getting (guess based on cap discussions on this board).

I couldn't disagree more. IMO, the contract is more than fair. Cindrich is trying to set a new precedent for backup contracts. IMHO, if you're a backup QB, you should be happy with $1 million. We're offering more this year, and it's still not good enough.

My guy says that this will all be for not. I think Fiedler will stay healthy all year.

Re: Anyone know whether statistically $1.5M is a good offer?

Originally posted by GazPhin
:confused:

for the services of a backup. It must be around what Lucas was getting (guess based on cap discussions on this board).

Lucas earn 700,000 last season.The Problem is not base salary but the outrageous incentives package that Griese camp wants.

From what I was told, a backup QB salary ranges from 1 million to 1.5 million. Griese's agent is asking for 2 million (it's what he really wants) PLUS incentives. That's a lot of money for a BACKUP QB!!

Griese should not make as much or more than our starting QB. On that basis alone it is a reasonable contract. Call me old fashion, but the backup should not make as much as the starter for sitting his lazy butt on the bench and trying to rebuild his battered image.

Add to that the fact of having less than 3 million in cap room, we are up against the ceiling and it simply doesn't get any higher.

Now, we could cut Cindrich's other client Todd Perry to reach Grieses inflated demands, but I don't think that would go over very well.
clear.gif

Newt Cindrich

GOOD backups get $1 million+. Cindrich feels like Griese has nothing to prove. Like he'd be doing the Phins a favor by joining the team.

The offer was very fair. He would be one of the highest paid backups, he would be on a contending team, and he would have a legitimate chance to contend for a starting spot next year.

Where else is he going to get that?

I am about ready to hunt down Cindrich. :booyeah:

It sucks for Brian because he couldn't be released before June 1st, but those are the breaks. He got his huge signing bonus in Denver already. What was it...$12 million? It's not like he's getting on in years and will never get that big payout in the NFL. He already got it. Now is the time to win the ring. This really looks to me like a dance between the agent and Spielman. That whole tampering issue is out of the limelight...and that's a good thing. If I'd have to guess, Spielman might give in and only give a one year deal instead of two. Lets see what happens.

Why doesn't Brian just get a new agent? I have heard that if it were up to him, he'd be a Dolphin right now.

Originally posted by DolphinzD
Why doesn't Brian just get a new agent? I have heard that if it were up to him, he'd be a Dolphin right now.

You believe that?If he really want to be a Dolphins he would just told his agent to accept the offer.

To me this is getting very old fast. Let him go elsewhere and see what happens. I really want him here but I am starting to not want him anymore. He seems like a pain in the ass more than anything!

Back
Top Bottom