Griese Contract Offer.../Spoken like a self serving nitwit | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Griese Contract Offer.../Spoken like a self serving nitwit

Wouldn't it be ineteresting if instead of signing Griese we signed O-Donnell AND Oronde?

What I don't understand is where these ridiculous incentives came from......

What kind of message are we sending to Jay when the hopful back-up {Griese} has Super Bowl incentives enclosed in his current contract offer???.....

I thought Jay was the starter regardless.....

If Rick is offering a contract that would pay him incentives based on taking Miami to the Super Bowl, where does that leave Jay???..

IMO, this contract offer is garbage. Why he would put such high expectations on a back-up to begin with, doesn't make any sense to me....

Whe I first read the contract offer, the first thing I said to myself was, I wouldn't sign it either......It's too incentive laced.

I just don't see where the Super Bowl should have anything to do with a contract......no matter who's contract it is.....

Maybe we should offer Dave and Rick a new contract, and have it say, "If you don't win us a Super Bowl in 2003, your coaching days in Miami are over." I wonder how that would make them feel...

PHINZ RULE!!!!!:cool:

It's just Marketing Blitzkrieg. Go to this guys website and it will become clearer. Cindyrich wants to be able to say that "I negotiated the highest contract for a backup QB ever" or something stupid like that.

Cindyrich website

clear.gif

I love myself :bravo:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

Maybe we should offer Dave and Rick a new contract, and have it say, "If you don't win us a Super Bowl in 2003, your coaching days in Miami are over." I wonder how that would make them feel...

PHINZ RULE!!!!!:cool:

Where have you been? That's exactly the standard to which coaches and players are judged. It's exactly the reason why Wanny IS on the bubble this year. This is a results based business. Hell the coach of the Detroit Pistons was fired even after he returned them to the playoffs the last two years. That wasn't enough and he got fired. Some of you guys.... :rolleyes:

YIKES!

Cindrich is also the Agent for Seth McKinney AND Tim Ruddy...

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Where have you been? That's exactly the standard to which coaches and players are judged. It's exactly the reason why Wanny IS on the bubble this year. This is a results based business. Hell the coach of the Detroit Pistons was fired even after he returned them to the playoffs the last two years. That wasn't enough and he got fired. Some of you guys.... :rolleyes:

While it's true that Dave has been given another year to turn things around, he's never been given an final ultimatum.

Even if he doesn't win the Super Bowl in 2003, he could still be our head coach....

I understand what your saying, but I think the only way Dave will be fired is if he does worse than last year....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:billsbite

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

While it's true that Dave has been given another year to turn things around, he's never been given an final ultimatum.

Even if he doesn't win the Super Bowl in 2003, he could still be our head coach....

I understand what your saying, but I think the only way Dave will be fired is if he does worse than last year....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:billsbite

I see what you're saying, but truth is they rarely ever are given that ultimatum. Usually subtle hints start to emerge and then suddenly, boom, you're fired.

On another note, yes I agree that the Bills Bite!

Cindrich: Spoken like a self serving nitwit

"People forget that we don't have to sign right away," Griese's agent, Ralph Cindrich, said. "There's nothing that says we have to sign now. We can wait until training camp if we want. Brian wants to play ... but he knows the business side."

I guess he doesn't want his client to get off on the right foot in his new gig. Ralphy, get your client here ASAP, he's got learnin' to do. How is S.O.B. gonna hit his incentives if he doesn't get every opportunity to learn Norv's system before training camp? Cindrich, you're only hurting your client by haggling, Speilman will just make you his b!t@h when it's all over anyway. You fleeced the Donkey's on Brian's behalf, it ain't gonna happen here. Take what you can get for a client who got fired from his last job.http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2003/06/05/dolphins_griese_ap/

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really care if he becomes a Phin or not, but I do see his side of things. Some of the incentives are off the wall. If he is the starting QB and wins the SB he only gets like a 7K.
In reality he is being groomed to be the starter next year when Jay's big salary catches up and ballons to like 7 million. If I was him I would say sign me to a one year deal and lets see what happens. Being locked in to a two year deal where he is making backup money both years and having unreachable incentives makes no sense from his point of view unless it is a one year deal.
Either way it is in his best interest to sign a one year deal and if the fins want something else they should know they are going to have to make it worth his while.

So blinded by his own ego, Cindrich doesn't even consider the alienation he is causing with the fans already. Wouldn't it be smart for him to at least check the pulse of the fan base every now and then? I mean, if there was a big outcry from the fans on, say a certain fins mesage board, saying that Spielman should give in and sign Griese for whatever he wants, then I could see Cindrich sticking to his guns. But, the attitude of the fans is turning into "we don't need him as bad as he thinks". I think that could only strengthens Ricks position and Cindrich should KNOW that. If the Fans aren't crying out for Griese, then who would be?

Originally posted by minus

You believe that?If he really want to be a Dolphins he would just told his agent to accept the offer.

I'm not saying I believe that, it's just what I have heard.....and I have also heard about players firing their agents for stalling on deals. It was just a thought that occurred to me.

Originally posted by FINFAN38
I don't really care if he becomes a Phin or not, but I do see his side of things. Some of the incentives are off the wall. If he is the starting QB and wins the SB he only gets like a 7K.
In reality he is being groomed to be the starter next year when Jay's big salary catches up and ballons to like 7 million....

Man 38, you could at least take the time to get your numbers right. Your only...what... 3 million off? But, then again you don't care.

Well he has to understand he is the backup QB and his agent deal is ludacris.Griese needs the Dolphins more than Dolphins need him and he has to understand that or hit the road.THe Dolphins have options and Griese is running out of options.

I couldn't disagree more. We need him a lot more than he needs us. We need a capable back up & a QB of the future. Griese could go to Arizona & get more money & be the starter now. Akili Smith & Neil O'Donnell are not viable options.

Both the contracts offered by the Fins & Cindrich are unfair. Everyone knows he'll be the starter next year, so make this year of the contract for back up money(that $1M base they already agreed on) & make next year's for the least amount of starter's money with some reachable incentives & some far reaching ones.

Originally posted by SMadison29
Well he has to understand he is the backup QB and his agent deal is ludacris.Griese needs the Dolphins more than Dolphins need him and he has to understand that or hit the road.THe Dolphins have options and Griese is running out of options.

I couldn't disagree more. We need him a lot more than he needs us. We need a capable back up & a QB of the future. Griese could go to Arizona & get more money & be the starter now. Akili Smith & Neil O'Donnell are not viable options.

Both the contracts offered by the Fins & Cindrich are unfair. Everyone knows he'll be the starter next year, so make this year of the contract for back up money(that $1M base they already agreed on) & make next year's for the least amount of starter's money with some reachable incentives & some far reaching ones.

Arizona is not instrested in him at all.How the contract unfair?I know you don't like Fiedler but you have to see past that and realize Dolphins are not dire need of his services.There other capable backups out there and how does every one know he will be the starter?

Nice pic Infins... I've got a picture of my chick in that very pose in the water, and every time she looks at it she says "Why did you have to take a picture of me while I was peeing?"

Back
Top Bottom