Griese could miss 6 weeks!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Griese could miss 6 weeks!!!

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Reaction score
According to the Sun Sentinel, Griese could be out as long as 6 weeks with his toe...

Ya know what...? GOOD!.... Nothing personal, but I 'd rather have Sage in there anyway. He has more experience with this offense and has a much better arm.

Griese seems to be made of glass and I don't know if I believe his heart is really in football... In fact I'm starting to wonder if he even makes it back to #2 QB this season... If Sage gets the opportunity and plays well in garbage time.... then is it so long for the Prodigal Son?

It's just fate.

Sage is the 2004 starter. :lol:

And as long as Fiedler doesn't get hurt we'll be fine.

If Fiedler gets hurt before week 6 I'll beat the **** out of him myself. Here's to being injury free rest of the season :D

Originally posted by 13isgr81
According to the Sun Sentinel, Griese could be out as long as 6 weeks with his toe...

Ya know what...? GOOD!.... Nothing personal, but I 'd rather have Sage in there anyway. He has more experience with this offense and has a much better arm.

Griese seems to be made of glass and I don't know if I believe his heart is really in football... In fact I'm starting to wonder if he even makes it back to #2 QB this season... If Sage gets the opportunity and plays well in garbage time.... then is it so long for the Prodigal Son?

I just don't know why some people are on Sage's jock? IMO, all I've seen is Sage perform mediocre in a couple of preseason games. He seems weiry when standing in the pocket. I think I'll get excited for him when and if he actually does something great for a few Regular season games. I like our chances better with Fiedler and Griese.

While Sage has experience with the offense, he's thrown all of 3 career regular season passes (all incomplete). Griese's been in the fire. He's had highs and lows. He's been an excellent player before. He's a proven vet.

I like Sage. But he's young and inconsistent at this point. Norv compares him to Trent Green.....a guy who had the skills but took 3 or 4 years to adjust to the league. In 2003, we don't want an adjustment period. We want someone who's already adjusted.

The Griese injury is not a good one. Lets just hope we never have to find out one way or another.

Originally posted by Muck
While Sage has experience with the offense, he's thrown all of 3 career regular season passes (all incomplete). Griese's been in the fire. He's had highs and lows. He's been an excellent player before. He's a proven vet.

I like Sage. But he's young and inconsistent at this point. Norv compares him to Trent Green.....a guy who had the skills but took 3 or 4 years to adjust to the league. In 2003, we don't want an adjustment period. We want someone who's already adjusted.

The Griese injury is not a good one. Lets just hope we never have to find out one way or another.

Inconsistent? I didn't see any of the coaching staff or players quoted as saying Sage is inconsistent... As for Brian, he played well for PART of 1 year. But if anything I think Brian has PROVEN that HE is the inconsistent one. He has proven he has experience at holding on to the ball too long, taking sacks and making bad decisions...

Sure OK Sage has had only 3 official NFL snaps... BUT he has had HUNDREDS more snaps in Norv's System than Brian... If Brian had been here a few months longer and stayed healthy, I might feel differently... But right now I'm all about Sage as the #2 for the whole year.

Last edited by a moderator:
the real question is: who will be come in if Jay and Sage get hurt ;)

When will you ever hear our coaches say our QBs are inconsistent?? It won't happen.

Sage has not been consistent. I've seen it in training camp and I've seen it in the preseason games. Heck, just reading Dude's training camp reports every day you can see it. Up one day, down the other. Good half of practice, not so good the other half.

Again, Norv said he's like Trent Green. It's gonna take him a few years to adjust to the league. That means he's inconsistent. This isn't the first time we've heard it either. We've heard Brad Johnson comparisons as well....another guy who took a few years to get it going.

I'm not knocking the kid. I was in favor of him getting consideration for the #2 job. I think he's got a bright future. I'm just stating fact. He's never done anything in a regular season game. And he hasn't proved to be a consistent player......yet. Griese has proven that he can get it done. Sage hasn't proven anything.

As far as games go, we've seen Sage play fairly well against 2nd and 3rd teamers in vanilla defenses. Will it translate to success against 1st teams this year?? Lets hope we don't find out.

Originally posted by phinphanphrommi
Marino? :couch:
Corey Jenkins is only 2-3 years removed from QB - how about a LB playing QB :lol:

Originally posted by dolphan39
Corey Jenkins is only 2-3 years removed from QB - how about a LB playing QB :lol:

2-3 years?? Try 2 games. He was still the starting QB in 10 games into last year. Never played LB before he got to Miami. :D

We got us a football player. :up:

I want to clarify though.....there's no competition at this point. It's Sage's job (#2). It's up to Griese to get it back. Heck, he may not get it back. Things could be worse. I think we're ok.

Originally posted by Muck
When will you ever hear our coaches say our QBs are inconsistent?? It won't happen.

Sage has not been consistent. I've seen it in training camp and I've seen it in the preseason games. Heck, just reading Dude's training camp reports every day you can see it. Up one day, down the other. Good half of practice, not so good the other half.

Again, Norv said he's like Trent Green. It's gonna take him a few years to adjust to the league. That means he's inconsistent. This isn't the first time we've heard it either. We've heard Brad Johnson comparisons as well....another guy who took a few years to get it going.

I'm not knocking the kid. I was in favor of him getting consideration for the #2 job. I think he's got a bright future. I'm just stating fact. He's never done anything in a regular season game. And he hasn't proved to be a consistent player......yet. Griese has proven that he can get it done. Sage hasn't proven anything.

As far as games go, we've seen Sage play fairly well against 2nd and 3rd teamers in vanilla defenses. Will it translate to success against 1st teams this year?? Lets hope we don't find out.

Not to argure with you Muck because Im sure to lose... But to my recollection of Dude's reports, Brian was just as inconsistent in camp than Sage.

But I am probably wrong...

You're not wrong. Griese was understandably more inconsistent in camp. But they were banking on the future (him getting comfy...and subsequently being ahead of Sage). And Griese was really starting to come on when he got hurt. Was looking better every week.

I for one still have too vivid a memory of our O under Lucas to be comfortable w/Griese's injury. Can anyone say Neil O'Donnell...?

Back
Top Bottom