Griese is still learning | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Griese is still learning

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I don't care if Griese knows the system since the only time he will see the field will be the preseason.

No, I care, in the NFL QB's seen to go down a lot, as CK stated that was posted earlier and this paper certainly did twist it around from the orginal..but back to Greise..in the 1st article he only got 1 wrong in 30, that's not bad for only 1 week before the camp was held, he said he won't have any time off between that camp and TC..so I think he will be okay, he should get penlty of reps in TC and be ready by the season, Jay still will know the system better and that makes him the #1 and our best hope..Sage maybe force into action this year..Good he's had a year to digest this O..and may proved to be very valuable to us this year.

Originally posted by RaidersRock
Good riddance from the real division, the AFC West

You mean that division that Miami went 3-1 against last year?
You mean the Raiders who are 0-4 against Miami in last 4??
You mean the Broncos who are 0-3 vs. Miami in last 3??
You mean the Chargers who Miami beat 30-3 last year??
I thought you said it was a "Real Division"...
You're right, it is REAL.... REAL EASY :lol:

HURRAH:drinker:

Guys don't fall for the child act. The more you post the better he feels about his self worth. Just ignore them like the little chump he is and he'll go away just like all children will.

the main thing is that the back up will not be Lucas.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Believe it or not that little article has a powerful statement......it should squash any kind of QB contrevarsey.

Oh yeah, like THAT will stop the media and certain fans... The controversy will only end when we win and win often...

Well, as a Bronco fan, I can jus' say that learning the playbook won't be an issue for Brian. If he is one thing, it is clever with the gameplan. That was one area he was praised on I think, more than any other. Knowing the game plan and the playbook going into every game.

Of course, *knowing* the gameplan and being able to implement it are two different animals. ; )

My advice? Pray that Fielder stays your starting QB, that is your best bet. If for nothing else than leadership. Brian has zero leadship abilities.. =(

BroncoFox

this is exactly what i was saying when griese didnt sign right away. it only works to jays benefit. the only time the qb debate will come into play is when some schmuck of a reporter claims there is one when there is not or when JF goes down with injury.

Fiedlers is our starter and thats just the way it is!!!! Lets go Jay...your due for a break out season...make Chambers a 1000 yd reciever!!!

if Jay goes down then there won't be any controversy. Griese will play while Jay is down. If Griese plays well at that point and then team is winning and then Jay's ready to play again, then Wanny will have to make a desicion and there will probably be one no matter what he does imo.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Gaphinfan
You can't even spell his name right. Since the dol-fish blow, what happened when we played the raiders this year? Oh that is what I thought. As much as you want Gruden to still be your coach, sorry he is gone. He was busy stomping the Raiders in the Superbowl!

Uh, who are you talking to?

New system has Griese scrambling

DAVIE · So far, Jay Fiedler has nothing to worry about.

After last week's three-day minicamp, it was clear that Brian Griese is waaay behind Fiedler when it comes to competition for quarterback. Because he signed late, Griese may need the entire preseason to become comfortable in Norv Turner's offensive scheme.

The rest:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-marvez24jun24,0,3381452.column?coll=sfla-sports-front

We all know tht Norvs' playbook can be a little daunting. One thing about Griese is that he is very bright and will pick this stuff up at a fast pace. Bob Griese was very cerebral and Brian is very much like dad in that respect. Some say he's not a good leader but IMO a fresh start under new coaches can do wonders, just look at Rickey. He was great when he got here but the coaches brought out a new level of greatness. The guy came here with question marks and now is the best running back in the NFL. I promise one thing, when Brians' number is called he'll be ready and all that leadership stuff comes with confidence and a comradery with your new teamates. I used to watch Johnny Unitas and he rarely said more than a sentence or two in a whole game, but he led by toughness and example. I really hope Jay can stay healthy this year but it gives me great confidence to know that if he goes down, and let's face it he's prone to do so, it will be Griese instead of Lucas. We have drastically upgraded the Quarterback position, I take my hat off to the Front Office.

Originally posted by PatsWin2002
New system has Griese scrambling

DAVIE · So far, Jay Fiedler has nothing to worry about.

After last week's three-day minicamp, it was clear that Brian Griese is waaay behind Fiedler when it comes to competition for quarterback. Because he signed late, Griese may need the entire preseason to become comfortable in Norv Turner's offensive scheme.

The rest:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-marvez24jun24,0,3381452.column?coll=sfla-sports-front

I wonder why Griese didn't start learning the playbook after last season ended. It was made clear to him that he was being replaced in Denver. His only real option was Miami. He should of been learning the playbook months ago.

:confused:

I agree. In fact, when we were courting France to join us in liberating Iraq, I felt strongly that we should have given them a full set of our war plans. I mean, we knew they'd be with us, eventually.

;)

Back
Top Bottom